[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why were humans the only one accused of being a "Savage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: Q-on-throne.jpg (34 KB, 425x343) Image search: [Google]
Q-on-throne.jpg
34 KB, 425x343
So why were humans the only one accused of being a "Savage Child Race" when there are a shitload of races that are/were way worst?
>>
>>62900330
I'm sure the Continuum tested other races, we just never saw it.
>>
>>62900330
It's just a test nigger, settle down.
>>
#klingonlivesmatter
>>
>>62900330
Because of all the other races, only humans had the potential to one day equal the Q. It may have taken them millions of years, but the Q saw humanity's potential to become even greater than themselves.

They decided to step in and actually see what humanity was capable of and if it was necessary to eliminate them.
>>
Are the Q the regulates of the universe or something? Most of the time they just seem to fuck off and do whatever they want.
>>
>>62900628
>>62900409
It wasn't even the whole continuum, it was literally just that one Q that was obsessed with humans. The other Qs even told him to fuck off and stop bothering the enterprise a few times
>>
Federation humans are really fucking smug about it. You ever see a Romulan or Ferengi claim to evolved past violence. Hell humans don't even like to call their warships warships. They call them exploration vessels.
#shithumonssay
>>
>>62900677
It was the continuum acting through Q in the first and last TNG episodes, and Death Wish on voyager.

Q was just being a chucklefuck all by himself for every other appearance, you're right.
>>
>>62900409
They did. In Deja Q he was attacked by the Calamarain, the gaseous entity life form that seeked revenge for their past torment.
>>
File: midget back.jpg (107 KB, 1246x829) Image search: [Google]
midget back.jpg
107 KB, 1246x829
>>62900330
The Federation is bigger than the Romulan Empire, The Klingon Empire and the Cardassian Empire. And it is growing at an alarming rate because it's not built on conquest but inclusion.

Also, it's possible that Q was trolling Romulans and Klingons but my guess is they wouldn't be able to out maneuver/argue him like Picard or the other Captains. Federation captains are god-tier. So odds are a bunch of lost Klingon and Romulan vessels could be attributed to Q's dickery.
>>
File: can't kek the zek.jpg (24 KB, 325x396) Image search: [Google]
can't kek the zek.jpg
24 KB, 325x396
>>62900698
humans are fucking faggots
>>
>>62900330
Q just liked to fuck with a shitload of races but his favorite were humans because he was butthurt the human race supposedly had the capacity to be like them or better in the future. Q was fucking psychotic.
>>
>>62900330
because Star Trek is only shown on Earth faggit
>>
>>62900731
In the first episode, I got the impression that it was John de Lancie Q that wanted to do the whole inquisition thing and the rest of the continuum was just going along with it and watching to make sure he was fair.
>>
>>62900749
I always assumed that was Q's own amusement rather than the Continuum. Voyager ruined a lot of things, including the Borg and Q. But going by Voyagers depiction of the continuum, they're a lazy and bored lot, only stirred into action if they feel threatened. That's why Q torments lesser species like the Enterprise, to amuse himself and find some meaning in his existence.
>>
>>62900831
I think it's the opposite, and All Good Things seems to support that. It's the continuum's idea to test humanity and they entrust it to Q. In his first appearance he's rather critical of humans and antagonistic. By the last episode, the whole universe-ending test was again another test, but Q admits that helping Picard solve it with time jumps was his idea, as in, he was helping them along independently.
>>
>>62900834
He was like a child. Did you ever see The Squire of Gothos from TOS? Q's character is based off him. Basically he loved to fuck around for his own amusement until his "parents" stepped in to stop all that shit just like the Continuum punished Q. He was just a spoiled ungrateful brat looking for amusement in others pain.
>>
File: 1445733087489.png (1 MB, 665x1182) Image search: [Google]
1445733087489.png
1 MB, 665x1182
>>62900752
>jemma

oh lord i want to fuck that midget
>>
>>62900910
Yep, I've even read the book where they crossover Trelane with Q and link the characters explicitly. It would have made for a better TNG movie than any of the ones we got.
>>
>>62900910
yeah trelane is my fucking waifu
>>
File: Star_Trek_TNG_-_Q-Squared.jpg (25 KB, 282x432) Image search: [Google]
Star_Trek_TNG_-_Q-Squared.jpg
25 KB, 282x432
>>62900970
Q-Squared. My mom read this book and told me about it. I must've been about 6 at the time. Wow.
>>
File: fascinating_and_enriching.jpg (56 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
fascinating_and_enriching.jpg
56 KB, 694x530
>>62900677
mfw Q is the Continuum equivalent of a slightly creepy anthropology professor that's enthralled by some obscure African pygmy tribe's way of life to a nearly fetishistic degree. And because of our perception of the Q through Q we are left with the mistaken belief that all the Continuum is all as equally obsessed with the shape of human butts and cultural importance of farts.
>>
>>62901114
why is he wearing that mask?
>>
Because Q is a fucking troll.
>>
>>62901126
Because he was an inspiration for Shinzon.
>>
Because the Continuum feared humans and their potential to surpass them

It had nothing to do with their "savagery"
>>
>>62900330
because Q is a ponyfag
>>
Q is the far future humans
>>
>>62900330
Q is a troll, it's not about sincerely judging humans, they aren't that important
>>
So Q is literally the best space troll of all time?
>>
File: Q_and_Guinan_(2366).jpg (41 KB, 698x558) Image search: [Google]
Q_and_Guinan_(2366).jpg
41 KB, 698x558
Too bad we'll never find out what the back story was behind Whoppys hatred for Q
>>
If humans were supposed to evolve into greater beings then the Q then why not make a show about it?
>>
>>62901597
>humans were supposed to evolve into greater beings then the Q
someone didn't watch Threshold
>>
>>62901623
Holy shit! I loved that that series. I wish it hadn't been cancelled after the first season.
>>
>>62901623
But that's not the reason Q said he was stopping them in the beginning. He just basically said "Hey you humans are a fucking shitty race of babes so you can't pass here" and it also doesn't make sense because Kerk was exploring shit 50 years before Picard was ever even thought of and none of the Q tried to stop him because "the dangerous human would evolve if they explore more of space"
>>
>>62901553
Guinan is supposed to be wise. That's reason enough to hate and distrust the Q. The fact that she had previous contact with them, she would know that it's a species of bored, antagonistic sociopaths
>>
>>62901597

Because that would be literally thousands of years down the line, and civilization would be inconceivably different. There's no way to pull it off with any credibility while still making an enjoyable show.
>>
File: drug soldier.jpg (126 KB, 1439x1080) Image search: [Google]
drug soldier.jpg
126 KB, 1439x1080
>Thread makes me rematch some of trail episode
>Notice that the WWIII soldier outfit has an Illuminati like symbol as a crest

Just what were you trying to imply Gene?
>>
>>62901825
I never noticed that before.
>>
>>62900731
You forgot about True Q
>>
>>62901126

because nobody cared who he was until he put it on
>>
>>62901859
Yeah he keked Picard. kek
>>
>>62901825
>That outfit
Do they ever talk about this time period in detail anywhere?
>>
>>62901977

they keep it semi-vague, which is the best decision. it gets slightly more elaborated on in DS9, but fortunately it's still pretty vague

don't meticulously explain fucking everything
>>
>>62900894
This is pretty close to how I view the matter. Various Q appointed to various races and expected to act and nurture according to the potential of their assignment.

TNG's Q is like the Edward James Olmos of the continuum.
>>
>>62902004
I'm not asking to be spoon-fed I just think the idea is interesting and would have liked to learn more about it.
>>
Many races are savage, but Humans' technology evolved so quickly - far too quickly in the eyes of the Q. Q says on one occasion that one day, humans will reach the level of the Q, and perhaps even surpass them.

We are a child race because we acquired warp capability centuries after most of the other races in the alpha quadrant, and yet the Federation is one of, if not the, most dominant powers in the quadrant. This is why the Q feel that humans need to be tested. The Q want to know if humans can be trusted with the power that we are so speedily unlocking.

You could also argue that while the Cardassians butcher races like the Bajorans, and the Klingons destroy entire civilisations, humans are the only ones that we know have nuked each other. That may also be a factor.
>>
>>62901892
Goddamn it, /tv/
>>
>>62902242
And yet it eerily describes Masks
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.