[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mononoke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Princess+Mononoke+-+Cover.jpg (251 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Princess+Mononoke+-+Cover.jpg
251 KB, 1024x768
Why you're not watching this?
>>
>>62899906
I watched it when it came out on video in 2000 and all I remember is the apes thinking if they ate the brains of some other creatures, they'd get powers.
>>
It always loses steam for me somewhere in the second half.
>>
Because I don't watch shitty cartoons made for children.
>>
I really don't see why people have such a hard on for Princess Mononoke, it is easily Miyazaki's most overrated work. Pretty much just more of his man vs. nature themes that were done better in Nausicaa.
>>
File: PorcoRosso.jpg (386 KB, 1920x2743) Image search: [Google]
PorcoRosso.jpg
386 KB, 1920x2743
Porco Rosso is probably my favorite Miyazaki. It's maximum comfy mode for me.

>dat setting
>dat light conflict where you get a clear sense that any sort of antagonism between the protagonists and the "antagonists" is more of a professional thing
>dat sense of flight
>dat really good dub with Michael Keaton as Porco (who strangely starts out sounding kind of weird and offputting in the role but he gradually eases into it for some reason)
>>
>>62900220

It's not a shitty cartoon made for children, it's an excellent cartoon made for children.
>>
>>62900400
>that were done better in Nausicaa.

Not at all. The allegory of the Giant Warriors being nukes was a little heavy-handed for me.
>>
>>62900199
what about steamboy then?
>>
>>62899906
Because I don't know how to find movies to download.
>>
File: 4876.png (306 KB, 852x435) Image search: [Google]
4876.png
306 KB, 852x435
>>62900774
>>
>Mononoke thread
>not about the Ayakashi spin-off
>>
>>62900400
I love Nausicaa and it sucks that we'll probably never see the full story from the manga get brought to life on the screen. It's kind of an Akira situation for me where I rewatch it after reading the manga and I think to myself "This is good but damn if it would be better if they made it when the source material was actually finished."
>>
>>62900620
yeah dog
>>
>>62899906
Watched it last month. My daughter alternates it with The Cat returns or Spirited Away, and we watch it together.
>>
File: 1447375679275.webm (1 MB, 1162x720) Image search: [Google]
1447375679275.webm
1 MB, 1162x720
>>62900892
Well, both Nausicaa and Akira were directed by their manga's authors. I'm pretty sure they knew how their own comics were going to end.
>>
>>62902549
lol, what the fuck is that and is there more of it?
>>
>>62900400
>man vs. nature themes that were done better in Nausicaa.
No. You fucking ape. In Nausicaa it was black and white, good and evil. In Monoke they portrayed it a lot more nuanced, a lot more balanced and a lot more mature. If you prefer the way it's handled in Nausicaa, you're a fucking teenager.
>>
>>62902644
Instead of sperging out why don't you give some examples of how it was more nuanced and how those nuances make it better than any of his other similar works.
>>
>>62901919
The Cat Returns is underrated. Wish it had a higher budget though. Parts of it are kinda janky.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.