[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He was a good friend Was Obiwan telling the truth, or being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: obiwan.jpg (40 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
obiwan.jpg
40 KB, 400x534
>He was a good friend

Was Obiwan telling the truth, or being sarcastic? Did he actually still care for Anakin, or did he hate him?
>>
If you take the prequels into account, it becomes clear that Obi-Wan is a fucking retard.

He's a doddering old fool who can't remember what a piece of shit Anakin was.
>>
I wouldn't watch the originals with the notion that they're related to the prequels at all.
Obi-Wan is clearly a different character with a different back story in A New Hope than he is in the prequels and I think it's obvious that Lucas intended to retcon/remake those if his new trilogy was accepted.
>>
File: 1191 - TtxiTSH.jpg (6 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
1191 - TtxiTSH.jpg
6 KB, 250x245
>>62899938
>you will never see a prequel movie with anh obi-wan in it

why the fuck am i alive?
>>
>>62899711
despite the meme being funny there is nothing wrong with what Obi Wan says. He's acting in a very admirable and Christian manner. Loving the sinner but hating the sin.
Anakin may have done bad things, but Obi Wan still finds it in his heart to forgive him.
>>
>>62899938
Lucas just didn't give a fuck, see
>>62899028
>>
>>62899711

Obi-Wan considers Anakin and Darth to be two separate individuals.
>>
He hated himself. A part of him died along with Anakin.
>>
Luke, did I ever tell you about the time that I was riding up a hill on a giant annoying lizard on an alien world after defeating a 4 armed robot weilding lightsabers who was struggling with smokers lung when, to my true shock, the clone jackass captain leading another platoon of clone jackasses (whose original clone source was less than above board, mind you) shot at me when my back was turned, tumbling myself and the aforementioned annoying lizard into the water below?

I don't mind telling you Luke...that lizard was a good friend.
>>
>>62899711
Watching that scene, none of the dialogue matches with what we see in the prequels in terms of story or character. So the easiest thing to do is just realize that when it was written, the backstory was completely different than as shown in the prequels. Just ignore eps 1-3 and move on.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.