[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you mixed Man of Steel with the heart of Superman Returns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: xyMg6dZhR2wKtDdwlxsma9UJhUF.jpg (469 KB, 1510x2146) Image search: [Google]
xyMg6dZhR2wKtDdwlxsma9UJhUF.jpg
469 KB, 1510x2146
If you mixed Man of Steel with the heart of Superman Returns

Would it be the perfect Superman movie?
>>
>>62897544
1 > 2 > Returns > 3 > 4 > MoS
3 is my favorite though because of how fucking funny it is.
>>
>>62897544
Pleb
>>
>>62897544
Except Returns WAS the perfect superman movie. Normies just have shit taste and wasn't capeshit enough for them.
>>
>>62897544
A perfect mix would be between 1 (reeves) and Mos.
>>
>>62897544
well it be a better movie thats for sure
>>
>>62898441

Except it was boring and had no action it. And barely had any dialogue between the hero and the villain which wasn't till the very end. Then he flys and island into space.

It was boring and predictable. Like most Bryan Singer movies.
>>
File: 1445183937301.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1445183937301.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
>>62898511
You are why superhero movies are shit. Now fuck off.
>>
>>62898441
I disagree, normies liked SR but fans (comics/superman cartoon/males) wanted to see supes fight.

Saw SR with a bunch of folks and everyone thought it was boring (no action/lois is plain/ wtf superkid/ spacey doing hackman).
>>
>>62898567

He's right. Spacey, Posey and the nostalgic mis-en-scene are all that film got right. Author's plan was a trifle, nonexistent action, yes it's a comic flick after all buddy, the creepy kid subplot, no superheroics, just a mess
>>
>>62898631
>Author

*Luthor, thanks autocorrect

Also, Lois is supposed to be a kickass ballsy reporter, not an ineffectual waif
>>
>>62898567
>Implying superman isn't already the most one-dimensional, shitty character
>>
>>62898714

He isn't. Are you a normie, Nolan Batman fan?
>>
>>62898631
But we had superheroics, didn't we? Lifting the island into space, the airplane scene (directly from the comic), Posey's scene in the runaway car(the scene where he floats in space and sorts through the sounds on earth was cool if impossible, which is comics in a nutshell)

The biggest problem for me was that it was boring not because I didn't see enough punch but because just so much was rehashed from the first film:
Island into space=Fixing the San Andreas fault.
Rescue loisin plane=Rescue Lois in helicopter.
Rescue Posey, gain her sympathies=Rescue Andress' mother; gain her sympathies.
Fly Lois around rooftop scene to establish romantic connection= same
Lex Luthor real estate scheme= Same exact fucking thing.

It's a nicely shot movie and I can watch a comic movie that's low on the punching but what the fuck did this movie do that wasn't done in the first one besides establish the virility of Clark's Superseed?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.