[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it hard for anyone else to separate actors/actresses from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: breaking-bad-season-two2.jpg (33 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
breaking-bad-season-two2.jpg
33 KB, 640x425
Is it hard for anyone else to separate actors/actresses from the characters they've previously portrayed? For example, I pretty much hate all the actors that played a main role on the show LOST.

Right now, i'm having a tough time enjoying Jessica Jones, because all I see is the heroin addict who tried to blackmail Walt on BB.

anyone else this way?
>>
Actual, literal autism.
>>
>>62894639
>watching kuck capeshit
>>
The show is basically "Huurrrr all men are retards, and straight white males are stupid scum of the earth hurrr"

Femnazi garbage.
>>
>>62894639
No, that's retarded. They're fucking actors.
>>
If you watch a bunch of things by those actors you'll get rid of that feeling. Initially i always think "Hey, that's that actor who did that role" but that wears off after a couple of minutes.
>>
>hating LOST and its cast

Literally what the fuck.
>>
>>62894639
she was better on Veronica Mars
>>
>>62894999
this, them and Giachinno carried the show for 90 percent of the time
>>
Your feeling is completely valid. I've felt that way at times. In this case, though, it's actually the opposite for me. I thought that girl was really cute (especially her personality) so I'm more likely to enjoy the show (even if the character is completely different).
>>
>>62894999
> not hating LOST

what the fuck is wrong with you? it almost singlehandedly ruined plot driven network television.
>>
I've seen her in another show and she was equally despicable in it

with "actors" of her calibre, what you see isn't really that far from who they are really in terms of mannerisms and the type of characters they're chosen to portray, especially if given choice to portray, who to portray and how to portray if it's a collaborative effort
>>
>>62895364
>lost
>not linderp
>>
Dude, she literally choked on her own vomit, and Walt watched her die. How is that not closure for you?
>>
>>62894655

Nah, Michael C Hall will always be David Fisher in Six Feet Under. Can never not see him as a gay mortician
>>
>>62895853
because the bitch tried to extort walt after knowing jesse for all of a few weeks. it still makes me angry that she had such a painless death.
>>
>>62895908

>choking to death
>painless

You've never choked on something other than cock, have you?
>>
>>62894639
>Right now, i'm having a tough time enjoying Jessica Jones, because all I see is the heroin addict who tried to blackmail Walt on BB.

You're a Jessica Jones noob.

She's always played those roles. But yea, I know what you mean. She's physically and mentally typecast as a bitch.
>>
>>62894639
She's so fucking hot. Shame about her foot game though
>>
File: JKSimmons07TIFF_(cropped).jpg (85 KB, 416x449) Image search: [Google]
JKSimmons07TIFF_(cropped).jpg
85 KB, 416x449
I usually don't have a problem with separating actors from their past roles, hell when I saw Samuel L. Jackson in the Phantom Menace back in 1999, I could totally see him as Mace Windu.

But for some reason, I can't do the same with J.K Simmons. He played Schillinger so well and so convincingly good that whenever I see him playing the "good dad" in a lot of movies, I still go back to picturing him as that neo-nazi sodomizer who tormented that lawyer guy and kidnapped his son and the role he plays in the movie dies on me.
>>
File: j jonah kek.jpg (20 KB, 435x503) Image search: [Google]
j jonah kek.jpg
20 KB, 435x503
>>62896056
He'll always be JJJ to me.
>>
You watch one episode of Jessica Jones and you've already seen more of her than you did in Breaking Bad.

It's not like her role as a drug addict was super iconic.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 461x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 461x346
>>62896056

This
>>
>>62894639
I will always see her as Tall Slut No Panties
>>
>>62895957
she was high out of her mind and practically comatose, she felt nothing
>>
>>62896056
i have the same problem with a lot of OZ actors. for example, adebisi will always be adebisi, no matter the role.

even in his role as croc on suicide squad, i'm wondering why he doesn't have a beanie on the corner of his head.
>>
>>62894655
yes typecasting isnt a thing

person unable to relate - literal autism
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.