[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is fucking funny. Fuck you for not watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11
File: crazy-ex-gf-banner.jpg (60 KB, 758x140) Image search: [Google]
crazy-ex-gf-banner.jpg
60 KB, 758x140
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is fucking funny. Fuck you for not watching it, you're the reason it's getting canceled, asshole.
>>
rude
>>
Does the sexy overweight chick have any panty scenes?
>>
>>62893812
...you're trying to be weird, but even weirder the answer is yes.
>>
>musicals
>>
File: wtfamiwatchin.gif (3 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
wtfamiwatchin.gif
3 MB, 300x200
>that one cat lady who keeps shilling this show
>>
[shilling intensifies]
>>
If you're downloading the episodes, you're killing it too.
>>
>unfunny woman who made her way through the comedy scene due to semi-attractiveness sings songs
>>
>>62893945
There's like hundreds of thousands of super-attractive aspiring actresses in LA. Bloom is qt in the right angles but it's sure as shit not her appearance carrying her.
>>
>>62893898
Pretty sure there's a few of us talking about how good the show is desu. It's almost as though the show is bretty gud
>>
>>62893733
I saw a fucking billboard for this show. I dont even remember the last time I saw a show or movie advertised like that.
>>
>>62894488
>not visiting daily billboard
>>
It's a good show to watch with a grill, many of the jokes land especially since I get all the Southern California references.

In case you couldn't tell West Covina sucks.
>>
>>62894522
They gave the show the key to the city
>>
>>62893733
Rachel Bloom is not conventionally beautiful but she makes me want to fuck her brains out. Nice tits I admit and pretty green eyes
>>
>>62894563
That's a big key. Does it really work?
>>
File: CS5d3VbUYAAdpxA.jpg (85 KB, 980x653) Image search: [Google]
CS5d3VbUYAAdpxA.jpg
85 KB, 980x653
>>62894571
She's pretty desu, she's just not the type of pretty that generally gets on TV. She's quietly super-feminine.
>>
Did it get cancelled? There are a LOT of cat ladies.
>>
>>62894776
Not yet
>>
>>62894604
If you're asking whether it's the key to getting cancelled, the answer is yes.
>>
>>62893733
if you didn't keep pulling it from torrents and usenet maybe people outside the usa could watch it and as long as there are enough qt's in it other people would be posting about it and you wouldn't need to be shilling so fucking hard.
>>
>>62895336
>implying I work for The CW/CBS

It's on primewire/oneclickwatch or whatever streaming shit you use, plus the last 5 episodes are on Hulu.

>torrents and usenet
IT'S 2015!
>>
watched 4 episodes, trying too hard "epin quirky character" like Kimmy Schmit or whatever it was
the songs are okay but that's it
>>
>>62895494
Ehhh, she's nothing like Kimmy Schmidt.

Rebecca is an antihero who does shitty irrational things. She's not supposed to be "quirky", she's supposed to be an obsessed mentally ill womanchild. You're not supposed to be find her fucked up behaviour charming, you're meant to find it weird and offputting.
>>
>>62895576
>She's not supposed to be "quirky"
she is absolutely supposed to be quirky, the entire show is quirky
she is not "mentally ill" in any way whatsoever, nothing in this show ever tries to be serious or realistic and certainly not that aspect of it
the show is alright, it's not badly done but it's just boring after a while for me because nothing is really serious
it's a bunch of fluff you're supposed to empathize with and go "I know, right????"
>>
>>62895694
No, she's not supposed to be quirky. She's supposed to be fucked up and self-destructive, and you've interpreted that as harmlessly quirky.

She quits her job and moves across the country to chase her ex-boyfriend she knew for a month a decade ago. She's wedging herself into the life of a guy she barely knows and basing all her dreams on it. She becomes utterly obsessed with his girlfriend. She fucks a random guy on a date with another guy. She tries to get someone's ex-wife arrested to prove she's a good person.

These aren't supposed to be "quirky", they're supposed to be fucked up self-destructive behaviours.
>>
>>62895829
>She's supposed to be fucked up
She is not fucked up at all, nothing is fucked up in this show because nothing has any weight. Which is fine, you can have a show like that, but don't claim it's something it's not.
>She quits her job and moves across the country to chase her ex-boyfriend she knew for a month a decade ago.
That in itself is completely unrealistic. They could have gone with a story like that without completely overdoing it, but they did. That quitting scene was awful, you don't get to be some super smart lawyer blah blah blah by behaving the way she does. She is your typical quirky female character to get viewers to recognize their perceived flaws in her (lol me too I'm so broken inside omg!!). You're trying to make this into what it isn't at all.
Something like Welcome To Me did it much better, for example.
And again, it's fine, just not for me I guess. I can't suspend my disbelief with this.
>>
>>62893733
>google Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
>first entry is about how the show got something right about filipino culture
Good fucking riddance
>>
>>62894604
For you! xD
>>
File: welp.jpg (42 KB, 396x258) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
42 KB, 396x258
>the lowest rated show
>on the lowest rated broadcast network
There was never any scenario where this survives. There are shows with 10x as many viewers this year that are STILL going to get canceled.
>>
>>62896041

Testing

I made a post in this thread that just disappeared?
>>
>>62896271
>>62896041
OK, quoting it made it pop up into existence. Bravo, 4chan. You win this round.
>>
>>62895985
She is fucked up, she frequently does fucked up things. The idea is that her life is miserable and she finds a way to escape to become happier, only does it in the worst way possible.

And, yeah, it's a TV sitcommy comedy with 'big' wacky jokes designed to get laughs. But it's a dark comedy that deconstructs concepts of romantic comedies and musicals and shit, and frequently uses the juxtaposition of upbeat and darkness for comedic effect. And the lead is fucked up, but the show just doesn't hold your hand and constantly point it out, and instead embraces her fucked up behaviour and gets you to root for her. That's the fun concept - you're rooting for and understanding and relating to a totally fucked up person doing totally fucked things. That's pretty fucking bold. You're not supposed to root for a stalker, are you?

And then you even look at Paula is such a fucked up horrible person who pushes Rebecca to be cynically manipulative over stalking Josh because she hates her life. And the show doesn't throw that in your face either.

And it does that in a light sitcommy way without stopping to go "what the fuck", you just accept it. It's fucking inspired.

The lead is really, not really supposed to be endearingly quirky, it goes several steps beyond that. It's way closer to something like Peep Show than New Girl.
>>
>>62896041
>>62896271
>>62896297
4chan takes a few seconds to update when you post these days, presumably due to cacheing, you need to refresh.

But, yeah, its ratings fucking stink and it's likely going to get cancelled (it's not certain because lol CBS shows on CW, Beauty and the Beast ran for four fucking seasons)

But it's still a really, really good show.
>>
>Someone on here said that it was like Man Seeking Woman
>watch half of episode 1
>it has musical numbers that go on for too long
I can't deal with the musical numbers, if it didn't have that then yeah I might be interested but it's just not my thing.
>>
2crude4me

couldn't they just copy OAG and my yandere chinese cartoons
>>
>>62895985
>you don't get to be some super smart lawyer blah blah blah by behaving the way she does.

lol its obvious you've never been in the real world. lunatics that don't deserve their job get hired all the time because normies would rather have someone like them
>>
>>62893733
>it's getting canceled
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHH
>>
>>62896526
But the musical numbers are really good, they're original, they're as catchy as fuck, they're varied as hell, don't outstay their welcome (they're like 2 minutes long), serve the plot (they essentially serve as montages), and have actual funny, crude jokes in them.

But, hey, I like comedy songs. They're Lonely Island/South Park-esque, not shitty old-fashioned songs from real musicals.

I like all these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHoopcEz_IU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3FPrI_Cuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jU2oQTy5Y
>>
>>62896606
Particularly as the premise is that she was a workaholic. The show actually plays on the fact she's really driven and single-minded when doing stuff.
>>
>>62894604
They used to. Keys to a city's gate(s) were only given to those who could be absolutly trusted.
>>
Pictures of Your Dick is still Bloom's best tbqfh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJXotvhsQUg
>>
>>62896030
Is the dude she cashed in her life for and moved across country... Filipino?

Good lord, this crazy bullshit is still on the air?
>>
>>62897028
She's literally supposed to be crazy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (539 B, 87x27) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
539 B, 87x27
definitely aren't any shills in here
>>
>>62896041
how the shit is it getting less viewers than Reign or The Originals. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend at least gets good reviews and viral hits on youtube. I have no idea where the audiences are for those other shows.
>>
>>62897146
Yes, I'm the OP and replying to most posts. Well done for noticing, you could have just read the fucking thread.
>>
>>62897193
fuck off kike
>>
File: crazyxgf-reaction-shot.webm (986 KB, 652x365) Image search: [Google]
crazyxgf-reaction-shot.webm
986 KB, 652x365
>>62897412
>>
Final bump.
>>
>is 28
>looks 40

jfc
>>
>>62894244

>It's almost as though the show is bretty gud

More like almost as though a portion of fa/tv/irgins are chickie pies. Kinda nice. Kinda weird

Still ain't watching your show. Got a thing for stalkerfus but I can't stand musicals
>>
>>62897454

Didn't they steal this bit from Arrested Development?
>>
>>62898009
Don't think so. It's not exactly a new joke anyway.
>>
File: he is correct anon.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
he is correct anon.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>62893733
>Chick show

Nope.

Any production that names a show "crazy ex-girlfriend" is obviously run by a bunch of hipster hack faggots and tumblrina whores with self esteem issues.

It WILL get canceled and fade into obscurity as it should.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.