[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the showrunners insist on ruining white, heterosexual,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: dan-weiss-david-benioff[1].jpg (78 KB, 598x306) Image search: [Google]
dan-weiss-david-benioff[1].jpg
78 KB, 598x306
Why did the showrunners insist on ruining white, heterosexual, male characters (Jaime, Stannis, Barristan etc.)?

Do they have an agenda? How come Brienne is the strongest fighter in the show universe? How can she beat the Hound, kill Stannis and literally do whatever she pleases? How come Jaime is in Dorne? How come Stannis is dead? How come he killed his only heir? Why doesn't this show make any sense?

Also TWOW when?
>>
>>62893526
Tumblr.
>>
>>62893526
>thinks Stannis is dead
I had a big kek
>>
>>62893573
what about it?

>>62893633
he's dead in the show, the actor didn't shoot any new scenes
>>
>caring about a show which is a blatant cash grab.

Yeah, not even once.
>>
>>62893700
What shows aren't like that?
>>
>>62893667
>Brian best fighter
Pandering to psuedo-feminist fans, brah. Same with Daniel Dragon lady. Muh strong independent women.
>>
>>62893970
>tfw Barristan literally lost to a bunch of nobodies with knives
>tfw Brienne would have probably taken all of them with ease in the show universe

this ain't fair
>>
>>62893526
>>62893970
She only beat the hound because he was injured already. She'd probably rank as one of the best at this point in the books too, the only real difference is that she beat loras (which would have happened in the books, but the books had garlan or whatever the fuck his name is)
>>
more like twenty good women amirite guys?
>>
>>62894098
Brian didnt fight the hound at all in the source material
>>
>>62894098
She almost lost to Biter in the books, she would die if it weren't for Gendry, how's she amongst the best?
>>
>g-guys.. why isnt a tv drama adaptation exactly like muh special books?

do you know how pathetic you sound? of course you dont
>>
>>62894249
>I'm okay with a completely fine source material being ruined in order to fit the showrunners political agenda

ok reddit
>>
>>62893794
Shows made by very rich people like curb your enthusiasm
>>
>>62893526
What about Jon? He's a straight white male whose the hero of the story.
>>
>>62894275
there is no agenda and nothing has been "ruined" its an adaptation and things have to be changed to work in the different format.

brienne managed to knock down an already injured hound

she was able to kill stannis only after a white male edgelord named ramsey bolton and his 50 good men blew stannis the fuck out

stannis didnt kill his only heir, the redwoman did like she will in TWOW, its already been confirmed.

jaime is in dorne to work the dornish plot into the show without creating a bunch of new characters nobody will care about. its a tv drama, people are already invested in a core of characters and if you go over this it just becomes and unwatchable mess but then again you dont know anything about creating tv shows because you spend all day fapping to meme's

the show makes total sense and even a child can follow it

also, only someone who frequenst reddit is capable of knowing what its about

now call me the jon-autist, bogeyman and post a picture of stannis, its all youre good for
>>
>>62894098
In the books she's a good fighter and does best Loras in a melee, but she mostly goes off the fact she's as large or larger than most men. She's very strong, and very talented, but she doesn't quite get the nerve for an actual fight until much later when she's nearly killed by fucking Rorge and Biter. Book Brienne doesn't kill her first man til like basically where her story leaves off waiting for the next book.

Show Brienne is a stone cold killa.
>>
>>62894419
it was 20 good men
>>
>>62894830
oh right, 20 my bad

he also got BTFO by the imp, i dont know why its so hard to believe that a woman could kill him too
>>
>>62893526

Demographics.

The show writers already have a huge portion of white men that watch the show. They NEED to get more woman and more black people to watch the show.

This is why we see so much brienne even though shes one of the worst characters in the series.

Same reason we see so much grey worm/missendai garbage - they need more black people to watch the show
>>
>>62893526
>That rat like face

Why the fuck are Jews considered white for? A small minority of them can pass for being white, but jesus fucking christ what an ugly cunt.

Literally looks like the rat with the human face on Masters of Horror, pic related.
>>
the entire show is based on the deviant sexual fantasies of a deranged fat man

the only reason people think its the next shakespeare is because he has so many fetishes and his fetishes are so bizarre that theyre not recognized by normies

for example incest "wow such next level portrayel of royal family drama"

slave girls everywhere "wow such struggle glad we dont live in medival yurop"

dicks getting chopped off left and right "wow such torture such medival"

dominatrix whores masquerading as le stronk women "wow such feminism such progressive"
>>
>>62894875
I'm black and I hate the missandei/grey worm bullshit.
>>
>>62894952
reported for racism dude
>>
>>62894955
i know right and then the HBO showrunners add a pregnant woman getting stabbed in her babby and a strong independant underaged sansa stark get raped and cersei getting raped and they cut stronk lady stoneheart entirely but OP still thinks they have some kind of political agenda
>>
File: Le check your year man.jpg (27 KB, 327x308) Image search: [Google]
Le check your year man.jpg
27 KB, 327x308
>>62895038
>>
>>62893526

Tumblr despises benioff and weiss.
>>
>>62895193
why?
>>
>>62894419
Not that anon, but book Stannis is an atheist who orders to his men that they shall die to make his daughter queen. I think there is a clear difference between the character we have seen in the show and in the books. Coming from a guy who doesn't even like Stannis that much, albeit I think Dillane was the best actor in the show.
>>
>>62894866
Except he didn't. Before talking about the book read it.
>>
>>62893526
funny thing, the book's characters are way more progressives and fleshed out
>>
>>62895377
yes i get that, he is a different character but the showrunners confirmed that GRRM told them shireen will be sacrificed so its coming

>>62895430
except who didnt what? i have read them, the imp and pyros wildfire and the chain defeated stannis at the battle of blackwater, pretty much the same as it did in the book minus the chain. you even got to see stannis be all heroic and climb up KL wall. jesus you crybabbies will never be satisfied. just stick to the fucking books and quit whining
>>
I hate this board.
>>
>>62894419
>stannis didnt kill his only heir, the redwoman did like she will in TWOW, its already been confirmed.
...Except Book Stannis is hundreds of miles away from Castle Black where Shireen, Selyse, and Melisandre are.

In the TV adaptation, Stannis just hands over Shireen to Melisandre in the hopes of getting a thaw after getting BTFO by Ramsay's 20 good men.

Not even a Stannis fan (I like Jaime), but the showrunners are illiterate morons.
>>
Yes OP but they cast based Pilou Asbaek as Euron so I forgive them for everything.
>>
>>62896579
that doesnt mean they dont come to him or he doesnt go back for them, you are speculating on something that hasnt been published. though its most likely selyse and the red woman do it on their own after hearing of the pink letter in hopes of some how saving stannis, the end result is the same. stannis is dead, shireen is crispy bacon and house baratheon a shit

besides for all we know stephen dillane wanted off the show and HBO and your so called illiterate showrunners had now choice but to end his character prematurely
>>
>Weiss
>Benioff

gee I wonder why OP
>>
>>62893526
>>62893573
>>62893970
>>62894275
>>62894952
Reminder thst everyone on the show are written poorly, even diversity characters like the sand snakes. /pol/estinians need to stop being triggered so easily, they're just proving that horseshoe theory is real and they're as big of bitches as the sjws
>>
the worst part about Brienne on the show is how bloodthirsty she is. She kills a man slowly in agonizing, sadistic fashion yet we're still supposed to root for her as some kind of moral paragon in the midst of all the death and destruction. She even makes sure to kill Renly's guards, who made the exact same oaths she did to protect the king, rather than simply defeat/disarm them.

What was interesting about Brienne in the book (but I'm sure some of you will disagree) was how she struggled to keep her kind-hearted nature when faced with the horrors of the war. that's why her confrontation with Rorge and Biter is such a great moment.

If anything this proves what gross, sadistic people DnD are, that they would glance over this character's complexity in favor of her capacity for violence. not to mention Robb's wife getting stabbed in the baby, Oberyn getting his eyes pushed in, meryn trant being turned into a pedophile just so the audience can applaud at his agonizing death, etc

man I fuckin hate DnD
>>
>>62894964
That's because you wish Grey Worm was raping white women instead.
>>
>>62896746
>s-stop mentioning things inconvenient to me and my liberal agenda

it's called open discourse tumblrina

your safe space is that way >>>/tumblr/
>>
>>62896579
I felt bad that a shireen literally died for no reason
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.