[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALLOW IT- Attack the Block
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 3738039-url.jpg (73 KB, 665x285) Image search: [Google]
3738039-url.jpg
73 KB, 665x285
Pic related is probably the coolest scene I've seen in a small budget sci-fi film

Sick and tired of people telling me to go watch Attack The Block because apparently Boyega was "really good in attack the block" so I just watched and I gotta say it was probably the best 90 min sci-fi flick I've enjoyed in quite some time. Soundtrack was GOAT, action scenes were entertaining, and I found the rag tag team of hooligans very endearing.

Solid 8/10 for a B movie flick. compared to some fully fledged movies with twice the budget I say this flick is well worth a watch. Boyega doesn't say much but it's a pretty subtle performance---- his delivery was awkward in some scenes but brilliant in others.

Eh, I think he's alright.
>>
>inb4 muh race
>>
Basement Jaxx did the soundtrack that's why it's so good
>>
It's a nice movie, like it a lot
>>
Agreed. It's a solid, entertaining movie
>>
Love the alien design, simple but effective.
>>
>>62890509
>his delivery was awkward in some scenes but brilliant in others

are you sure the awkwardness wasn't intentional because his character is actually a bit shy?
>>
ITT: C U C K S
>>
>>62890509
Fuck off, Boynigger shill.
I don't care for this trash, and I won't watch Star Wars either.
>>
I like that they didn't try to over explain the aliens.

They're aliens, they landed on earth, they fuck shit up, that's really all the characters need to know.
>>
Surprisingly unfunny 2bh. All the setups are hammered into your forehead. The kids have major problems going from one side to the other in a straight corridor because of - gasp! - smoke. The child/young actors are amateurish, putting it mildly. The setups are so obvious it's off-putting. "Hey, I think I can jump from this bridge to these stairs!" Hmmm, do you think that might come back at some point?

Props and Mayhem are annoying. Even Nick Frost is sleepwalking through this, being weirdly out-of-place and unfunny. As I came across the background for this - "Writer/director Joe Cornish has stated that watching Signs and imagining what would happen if it took place in south London was an inspiration for Attack the Block," - I thought, "Yeah, that's not really a good enough reason for making this"
>>
>>62892432

>Taking the bait this much.

Hi, newfag.
>>
>>62892523

>"Will someone, please, tell me what the fuck is going on"
>“This thing is even blacker than my cousin Femi!”
>"Oi, she's duckin'. - Hey, senpai, she's ghostin'."
>unfunny

You're trying too hard.

>"Writer/director Joe Cornish has stated that watching Signs and imagining what would happen if it took place in south London was an inspiration for Attack the Block,"

That was the setting, not the story. The actual inspiration was to show that the kids in South London (where Cornish grew up, and lived at the time) are kids, not monsters.
>>
>>62893176
Stick to your big mamas house garbage kid
>>
fact is, the scene of the gangsta in the elevator is much more cool shame he has his face ripped off though
>>
>>62893226

I'm not even going to pretend to know what that means.
>>
>>62892382

Better to be a cork than an insecure stormfag.
>>
>>62892760
>making such an obvious mistake and thus outing yourself as a newfag
You don't learn so good, huh shill?
>>
File: giphy.gif (986 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
986 KB, 500x275
>>62892341
>>
>>62893339
You have terrible taste
>>
File: 1439055527551.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439055527551.jpg
338 KB, 1920x1080
>>62892341
>>62893436
>tfw actual guys in suits chasing people down hallways
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 300x225
>>62892341
They're literally Ben 10 recolors.

Not that it's a bad thing.
>>
File: atb.gif (490 KB, 500x257) Image search: [Google]
atb.gif
490 KB, 500x257
>>62893611
/tv/ doesn't have nearly enough threads about practical effects and creatures.
>>
cornballs is a hack
>>
damn those monsters are impressive, I'll give it a watch
>>
>>62892432
4Chan in contrarian. When the hivemind finally buys into hating something, it will suddenly flip just because.
>>
>>62893930
just a warning. every single character except for the nurse is a chav
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.