[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think about movie critics? Do you literally believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
What does /tv/ think about movie critics? Do you literally believe some people have an innate ability to judge movies better than others?
>>
yes, of course. not all obviously.

not that it matters.
>>
>>62888761
uptight bunch of faggots that think they're superior to others

see: reddit
>>
>>62888761

No, they're just parasites and as cancerous or more than the celeb actor superstars.

Nobody should read or follow any critics, if anything what the masses think of a film to get a very general idea
>>
We make fun of Ebert cause it's edgy thread?

Yes, I value some critics' opinions and insight, especially those that are good writers and have a wide breadth of knowledge. I don't always agree with them, but that's ok.
>>
Ebert was a hack.
>>
critics are competent when it comes to putting words to their feelings about a movie. if you ask some guy on the street what his favorite movie is, and why he likes it, chances are he'll just say something along the lines of "it was great. i liked the acting, and the plot was good" etc. so i value the opinion of a critic more than the random guy, in most cases.
>>
>>62888824

Then what's the point if you aren't going to agree with them? You just want to read some shitty summary of a movie then?
>>
File: han jones.png (49 KB, 130x178) Image search: [Google]
han jones.png
49 KB, 130x178
>>62888823
>if anything what the masses think of a film to get a very general idea
THIS is the very definition of plebeian.
>>
>>62888761
what is wrong with that man's face?
>>
>>62888938
it is very interesting to see other takes on movies. i would rather see a review i don't agree with iver a review i agree with. that would be simply a summary.
>>
>>62888761
Look at his face. How could you care what he thinks about movies? Do you think he taps masterful gap with that face & those opinions?
>>
>>62888938

>Then what's the point if you aren't going to agree with them?

wow
>>
POST THE WEBM
>>
>>62888761
innate?
perhaps slightly
but experience counts
>>
>>62888946
Please do enlighten us whats the proper way, without wasting time on shitty movies.
>>
reading reviews before watching a movie is pretty stupid though.
>>
>>62889728
>reading reviews before watching a movie is pretty stupid though.

Agreed. I don't do it. It's for afterwards.
>>
>>62888761
I make my decision whether or not to see a movie based on who's in it, who directed it, and if I like those peoples' previous work. After I see the movie I read a bunch of reviews to get different perspectives, then I start forming my own opinion of the movie. If you don't get anyone's perspective on a topic but your own, whether it be a movie, a book, a social issue, then you're ignorant. It's as simple as that. People who watch a movie, then immediately go on 4chan to spout their initial reaction to the movie and hurl insults as people who disagree with them or try to articulate their reactions are lunatics. Unfortunately, that's just about everybody here.
>>
>>62888938
>Then what's the point if you aren't going to agree with them?
Nigga you are literally posting on /tv/
>>
>>62888761
It's literally paid shill: the profession

I'd do it
>>
>>62889881
my friend does it for a blog. he gets dvds and blu-rays in the mail from their "headquarters", and then just gives them to me when he's done becasue he doesn't want them.
>>
>>62889881
And to shitpost in newspapers
>>
>>62888761
Did this ugly cunt have his jaw blown off with a shotgun then reconstructed from a shoulder blade or something?
>>
>>62888824
making fun of ebert is funny dipshit

he was cool though
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.