[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony Pictures' Tom Rothman Dismisses Critics of Female 'Ghostbusters'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 35
File: ghostbustaz.png (747 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ghostbustaz.png
747 KB, 1024x576
>Sony Pictures head Tom Rothman has a message for those who are "pissing and moaning" over the studio's upcoming female Ghostsbusters: "You know, fuck em," he said Friday.
>Diversity has never been Hollywood's "strong suit," he said, but that needs to change. "Do it or die, because the audience is diverse."
>"I got the old Jewish guys covered," he quipped.
>Rothman also said it's wrong to shut out Syrian refugees, and he tied his political positions to Concussion, the upcoming Sony movie about head injuries in the NFL, noting that the hero in the film is an immigrant.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sony-pictures-tom-rothman-dismisses-842392

How long until Sony goes under?
>>
We're really gonna have this thread right now?

Everyone gets it, 90s kid are mad af. What are you 30 year olds even doing on 4chan, its a young mans site
>>
>>62888390
Woops I forgot /tv/ is literally tumblr the board.
>>
>>62888390
That's rich. This shithole has been infested with 40+ pedos since 2004
>>
>>62888457
I mean come on
>>
>>62888351
How long until you go under you fucking dinosaur pleb.

Survival in this day and age is noticing when trends aren't trends but the direction civilization is going.

Buttmad racist NEET's aren't the future decision makers or opinion directors.

I'm not even SJW or a woman. (i am a young black bull though)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5t1fujvbc0
>>
>>62888561
>the direction civilization is going
you mean the toilet?
>>
>>62888561
>"Survival in this day and age is noticing where all the other lemmings are going and jump off the cliff together with them."
>Le libturd buzzwords

What a top tier retard

Fuck off back to reddit where you came from
>>
>>62888351
>"You know, fuck em,"

10/10 PR work to be honest
>>
>>62888499
It's the current year
>>
are there conservative jews in hollywood.
>>
So which of Melissa's two characters will we get?

>Frumpy clumsy fat woman
>sexually aggressive dirty talking fat woman

That said, she was decent in St. Vincent, largely because she was more of a foil character than comic relief.
>>
>>62888351
>"Do it or die, because the audience is diverse."

Damn it Tom stop trying to make out like diversity is the problem people have with this movie, your jewish lies will not pass muster this time
>>
>>62888710
>Conservative
>Jew

That's a good one anon, I needed a good laugh.
>>
>>62888619
Precisely.

>>62888639
>makes no discernible point
>calls someone a retard

I'll take your mom and gf with me wherever I go m8, just u watch it m8
>>
>>62888710
Jerry Bruckheimer. Even the most liberal still shill hard for Israel

>“On reflection,” Lynton said, “Israel may be in the catbird seat. Let them all kill each other around the Jewish state and pick up the pieces after they have exhausted themselves.”
>>

Is that why supposedly "problematic" movies continue to make money hand over fist while "diverse" shit like Fantastic 4 and the Annie remake lose millions of fucking dollars?
>>
>>62888351
Let the money do the talking

This shit will go to bluray so fast
>>
>>62888710

Jews are only conservative when dealing with their own people, i.e. shit like Israel.

When they have influence on anyone else, they're hyper-liberal evangelicals.
>>
File: 1416885157738.jpg (85 KB, 768x716) Image search: [Google]
1416885157738.jpg
85 KB, 768x716
>(((Rothman)))
>>
>>62888561

>Buttmad racist NEET's aren't the future decision makers or opinion directors.

Neither are retarded Leftists like you that think "Diversity" means anything.
>>
>>62888351

>Rothman also said it's wrong to shut out Syrian refugees

How many of them is he inviting into his mansion and providing with food?
>>
>they will go see it anyway
>>
>>62888561
>Buttmad racist NEET's aren't the future decision makers or opinion directors.

Bullshit. All Hollywood makes is capeshit, animeshit or vidyashit, I'm their main demographic.
>>
>"Diversity" now just means "let's take a classic movie and replace the cast with women, blacks and faggots"
>>
>>62888861

>shilling stormfag

It's amazing you think people still buy this shit. Kill yourself you rhetoric-spewing retard.
>>
>>62888971

In the end, you have a Ghostbuster's movie with all men and one with all women. That actually does sound like diversity. Try not to be even more deluded than the SJWs you're crying about when you argue. Otherwise you might be /pol/.
>>
>>62888351
So where are the commercials for this movie? of course its gonna flop if you don't advertise your shitty product to make it seem better.
>>
>>62888984

>denying reality and just shouting "STORMFAGS GRRR" like the triggered little SJW you are

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_in_Israel
>>
>>62888351

How is an all female cast "diverse"?
>>
>>62888351
>It's a "They'll watch it anyway" defense tactic

You can only hide behind the female cast and use them as a shield for so long, the moment it flops and is panned by everyone you'll have nowhere to hide anyway.
>>
>>62889014

>"The same thing but with VAGINAS now!"

That's not "diversity". That's pandering out of desperation.
>>
>>62888780
>no discernible

Kill yourself retard
>>
>>62889037

>Hypocrisy is when two different people have different beliefs

Stormfags aren't human. They aren't smart enough to be human. Friendly fucking reminder.
>>
File: GET-A-LOAD-OF-THIS-GUY[1].jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GET-A-LOAD-OF-THIS-GUY[1].jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>>62888900
Haha, what?

According to you, it doesn't mean anything?
>>
>>62889044

"Diversity" just means "no white males" nowadays.

Idiots were calling the case of Marco Polo diverse in Rolling Stone, despite the cast being almost exclusively Asian.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (28 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
28 KB, 324x291
>Yfw this movie bombs
>>
>>62888971
there was a black guy in the original ghostbusters though
>>
>>62888971
Real diversity is foreign films and films in different languages. Now it just means your own country but with womyn and nignogs
>>
>>62888984

>he doesn't know a thing about Jews

I wish I could go back to being like you, friend.
>>
Why do white males have such fragile egos?

>We're going from 98% representation to 95?!?! GENOCIDE JOOS JOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSS!

Just sad to witness
>>
>>62889071
I wonder what makes one so mad...

>>62888947
>target demographic
>decision makers

Pick one. You're a good goy.
>>
File: 07activision-web1-superJumbo.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
07activision-web1-superJumbo.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>directed by paul feig
>directed the new charlie brown movie
>will ruin ghostbusters too
BRAVO HOLLYWOOD all you need is to remake Captain Underpants
>>
>>62889168

A person who has read all your "knowledge" about Jews and believes any of it has an IQ below 70, invariably. Literally all of it can be described as doublethink. There's a reason /pol/ is less intelligent than any other online community, and there's a reason why the only thing rarer there than a coherent thought is a grammatically correct sentence. Back to your containment board.
>>
File: big twinkie.gif (976 KB, 499x204) Image search: [Google]
big twinkie.gif
976 KB, 499x204
>>62889110
>I love Ghostbusters but I hate the way they squeezed out your character.

You know, I never bring it up unless someone else does and since you have … I tell people Ghostbusters was the most fun I had, but it was also the most difficult for reasons that I, to this day, do not understand. In the script that I read for the audition, Winston is in the film all the way through the movie. But they changed it just before we shot, so I had to wrap my head around that. I think the studio thought they could sell the guys as they were from Saturday Night Live, and so they wanted to include Winston marginally. But then when we came back five years later for the sequel, they did the same thing! That I didn’t understand. But once you become really angry, it’s all over, so I just kept working and stayed positive.

>So you think it was the studio who cut your character down and not Ramis and Aykroyd, who wrote the script?

You know, nobody tells you. I blame the studio because in my mind it’s easier for me to say “some exec” rather than the guy sitting next to me. I don’t think it came from the guys; the guys are great, but what do I know? But what I have come to appreciate over the 30 years is how amazingly loyal the fans are. No matter where I go, fans quote lines from Winston (3). I went to buy a car the other day and the mechanic had a tattoo of Winston’s face on his leg. So that I really appreciate.
>>
>>62888351
Does this bullshit happens elsewhere?
Does India, Korea, China or Japs have the racist need to incorporate minorities in their movies to feel better?
>>
File: gb-header-cast.jpg (223 KB, 1400x575) Image search: [Google]
gb-header-cast.jpg
223 KB, 1400x575
>>62889269
>Some fans think maybe the studio was being racist when they cut you out, and some think the part was originally written for Eddie Murphy.

If I go to the racial side of it and blame that, it takes all my power away, because if I blame racism there’s nothing I can learn from it, and the message to my sons becomes really blurred. I’m telling my boys, you can step out and grow and be and do – and then all of a sudden I’m saying, I’m being shut down because I’m black. So what I have to do is say, maybe there are other reasons. But yeah, had I been as big a star as Eddie Murphy, I don’t think the part would have been cut.

>You sound so zen about all this, Ernie. I’d be spitting feathers.

You know, I have sons, and in this environment black men can be very marginalised and bad things happen and the attitude I take on about my life, they pick up, and I didn’t want them to go out there like that. So I say, listen man, there are a lot of hard things and you gotta keep going. I can’t make that speech if I’m not living it. So I just say, I’ve studied and trained and I’m ready to work, and you hope that someone out there will let me work and someone always has. So maybe that’s the lesson I needed to learn in this life.
>>
>>62889055

>the moment it flops and is panned by everyone you'll have nowhere to hide anyway.

Yes they will.
They'll hide behind the "evil cis racists aren't ready for our progressive movies!"-defense like they did with the Annie remake.
>>
100 bucks says they're going to make at least one but most likely several bust jokes
>>
File: ghostbusters-girl-power.jpg (168 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters-girl-power.jpg
168 KB, 1024x684
>>62888351
BRAVO ROTHMAN
>>
>We should totally let immigrants in because the hero of Sony's new movie is an immigrant

Is he being serious?
>>
>>62889078

>People in Israel now apparently aren't Jews

This is why anyone who uses the word "stormfront" just needs to have their opinion ignored.
>>
>Michael Lynton, chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Films produced by Sony Pictures’ largest studios, Columbia Pictures and TriStar Pictures, had 302 lead or supporting roles for men, just 151 for women.
lmoa at this kike pretending he gives a fuck about women.
>>
You know what the problem wit this is?

We're not mad because it's an all female cast, though, that sort of thing can easily be identified as a novelty at this point.

We're mad because a new Ghostbusters didn't need to be made, period. I wouldn't even want one with the original cast, even if they were all still alive.

Get your own ideas, make new things, stop rehashing the 80's and 90's.

But, there's the catch. The reason they went with an all female crew is because they knew it would be controversial and any criticism the movie gets can be blamed on misogyny, when in reality, we're just tired of Hollywood rehashing shit.

It'd be fine if there was a movie about 4 women fighting crime or hell, even being paranormal investigators, but they HAD to make it a Ghostbusters movie.
>>
>>62889083

Please explain to me what "diversity" is and why it's supposedly an objectively good concept, despite idiots like you simultaneously thinking "race doesn't matter", or that it's a "social construct".
>>
>>62889289
>>62889269
FUCKING.
BASED.

HOLLYJEW FUCKING SHITS!
>>
File: ghostbusters.jpg (79 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters.jpg
79 KB, 800x532
>>62889289
Hudson said the concept was such a departure from the original films that it could not be considered a bona fide Ghostbusters movie.

"I heard it was going to be a total reboot, and that it would have nothing to do with the other two movies," he said. "If it has nothing to do with the other two movies, and it's all female, then why are you calling it Ghostbusters?

"I love females. I hope that if they go that way at least they'll be funny, and if they're not funny at least hopefully it'll be sexy. I love the idea of including women, I think that's great.
"But all-female I think would be a bad idea. I don't think the fans want to see that.

"Maybe it will come out and be the most amazing thing, but in my opinion I think it would be wrong to do another movie that didn't include the guys. And that didn't include me!"
>>
>>62888734
she was good in gilmore girls too, but typecasting in hollywood has ruined what could otherwise be meaningful careers
poor broad is actually capable of acting but is forever stuck being "fat and silly"
>>
>>62889284
No, because we're the only ones bellowing about "diversity," which really means getting rid of white males.

Ever notice how SJW never talk about diversifying China or Africa? It's only countries where whites dominate.
>>
>>62889244

>It's yet another Tumblrfag with a vendetta against /pol/ that needs to type out paragraphs about how superior and enlightened they are.

I was wondering when this was going to start happening ITT.
>>
>>62889269
>>62889289

Wow, Ernie laying down some truth.

That said, his character is perfect as is. He's just a normal guy looking for a job. He doesn't care if he's busting Ghosts or killing bugs. He grounds the movie.

That's what is so weird about the sequel. Suddenly he's ONE OF THE GANG and acting like they're all best buddies. Winston should have been rolling his eyes the whole time.
>>
>>62889362
You obviously haven't been paying attention to his posts. He's not saying the liberal philosophy is correct, but rather that if you want to survive you have to adapt to it. But as usual, you ignore the actual content of the post, see something that looks positive towards a liberal agenda, and throw your preconceived arguments towards it.
>>
>>62889437

>He's not saying the liberal philosophy is correct, but rather that if you want to survive you have to adapt to it.

And yet "diverse" black-washing films like the Annie remake and Fantastic 4 are flopping left and right.
So much for it being something to "adapt" to.
>>
>>62889383
Shame he was forced to backpedal after he got hounded by salty tumblr cunts on social media.

Because he was right about the whole thing being a soulless cash grab with women shoehorned into it.

Hudson tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Four fiercely funny, foxy, females busting ghosts ... phenomenal!"

The new statement is drastically different from the opinions he has previously expressed about an all-female cast. On Tuesday, Hudson responded to the new cast announcement on Twitter, writing, "No comment."
>>
>>62889362
>despite idiots like you

Way to put words into someone elses mouth, words that were nowhere near insinuated even. It's fine, because it shows the real idiot.

Diversity promotes equality, which promotes peace between parties, regardless of cultural or physical differences. Correct execution of diversity benefits everybody by creating harmony and widening perspectives. Incorrect execution further creates animosity between parties.

Now shut the fuck up you cunt.
>>
>>62888351
>Diversity has never been Hollywood's "strong suit," he said, but that needs to change. "Do it or die, because the audience is diverse."

How true is this anymore? Does Hollywood have a problem with diversity? Because honestly it seems like they've swung so hard to the other side we're starting to lose out on strong white male characters.

>>62888842

This.

The movie is an obvious cash-grab and will quietly die in theaters.

Isn't Supergirl dying as well? I heard it's been bleeding faster than a virgin with a BBC.
>>
>>62889478
Hey boy, define 'adapt' for me.

Then tell me this isn't an adapting period.
>>
File: Diversity Sucks.jpg (84 KB, 614x529) Image search: [Google]
Diversity Sucks.jpg
84 KB, 614x529
>>62889487

>Diversity promotes equality, which promotes peace between parties, regardless of cultural or physical differences. Correct execution of diversity benefits everybody by creating harmony and widening perspectives

Oh, so basically "liberal buzzwords", rather than any factual evidence?
That's what I thought.
>>
>comedy
>150 million dollarydoos

I know it's probably a money laundering operation but seriously who would spend that much money on this movie? It's basically a comedy with a few special effect scenes in it....it should have cost 50 million at most

This is going to flop hard
>>
>>62889528

Your argument seems to be that movies have to "adapt" to this faggy new SJW narrative of shoving blacks and women into everything, or else audiences won't be interested.

That argument is false based on even a cursory glance at the last 12 months of box-office returns, as shit that liberals were defending left and right like Annie and Fantastic 4 are some of the biggest flops in recent memory.
>>
I have come to the conclusion that sony is completely fucking retarded. Every single decision they make is the wrong one, everything they say is completely ridiculous, and they can't do simple things without completely fucking up.

>You know, I have sons, and in this environment black men can be very marginalised and bad things happen and the attitude I take on about my life, they pick up, and I didn’t want them to go out there like that. So I say, listen man, there are a lot of hard things and you gotta keep going. I can’t make that speech if I’m not living it. So I just say, I’ve studied and trained and I’m ready to work, and you hope that someone out there will let me work and someone always has. So maybe that’s the lesson I needed to learn in this life.

Fucking GOAT human being
>>
>>62889548
Sony Pictures is retarded as fuck, they spent 88 million dollarydoos on Adam Sandler's PIXELS and that shit tanked.
>>
File: hollywood-jews.jpg (158 KB, 580x811) Image search: [Google]
hollywood-jews.jpg
158 KB, 580x811
>>62888351
>>"I got the old Jewish guys covered," he quipped.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62889429
You kind of bond a bit after gambling with total protonic reversal in order to foil the plans of a multidimensional being summoned only to destroy the world.
And he gets stuck with Ray doing birthday parties while egon sciences and Venkman schmoozes.
>>
>>62889597
>I have come to the conclusion that sony is completely fucking retarded. Every single decision they make is the wrong one, everything they say is completely ridiculous, and they can't do simple things without completely fucking up.

Everyone who has read the Sonyleaks would already know that though, I urge you to read it because there's some hilariously stupid shit in there.

Someone post the pitch from the guy that's now directing the Ghostbusters remake.
>>
File: Mr. Meseeks Face.png (122 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Meseeks Face.png
122 KB, 400x400
>the head of fucking Sony
>telling anyone else what will or won't make money
>>
>>62889528
Businesses don't like 'adapting' when not adapting brings in money like it always has. They'll realize the whining is all hot air and empty threats and go back to business as usual.
>>
>>62889437

>He's not saying the liberal philosophy is correct, but rather that if you want to survive you have to adapt to it.

In other words, accept it or at least tolerate it. That means that culture is forever heading in one direction, with compromise only by one party.

Liberalism is a great thing, but only when it's moderated. When it runs to excess men start cutting their dicks off, women stop having children and we have to import millions of third worlders to keep the boomers fed via the public purse. It's insanity.
>>
>>62889596

You know what, maybe this has less to do with a conspiracy and more because some producers are retarded enough to think injecting the latest buzzword into their show will make it appealing.
>>
>>62889622
at least that had the excuse of being CGI-ridden as fuck. A couple beams of energy and a dozen ghosts wouldn't cost nearly as much.
But noo, we have to do a coordinated dance number with the entire NYPD and design ghost aliens.
>>
>>62889662
Everyone's retarded at Sony Pictures, they're all chasing after that "Marvel Cinematic Universe" money so they thought it would be absolutely BRILLIANT to start a Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe of with the fucking female remake.
>>
>>62889678

Don't worry anon, in four hundred years we will have westernized brown people ruling Europe claiming they're the true inheritors to the European Union, which they hold up as the ideal of "back when life was good."

It happened to the Romans, it's happening now.
>>
>>62889662
But he's that jewesses replacement after she made fun of Scott Rudin in the emails. He was responsible for Avatar at Fox
>>
>>62889535
Buzzword is a buzzword. Especially when trying to rubbish someone else's arguments. And what point are you trying to make by posting that image?
You're pretty shit at this, you asked for a definition, not evidence.

>>62889664
>They'll realize the whining is all hot air and empty threats and go back to business as usual.
Right. Enjoy your opinion. In due time you'll be proven wrong.

>>62889596
>Your argument seems to be that movies have to "adapt" to this faggy new SJW narrative of shoving blacks and women into everything, or else audiences won't be interested.

WRONG. My argument is that the SJW movement isn't a fad, it will create lasting changes to society, whether that's good or bad I made no initial statement on. But you'll have to deal with it. So, stop putting words in someone elses mouth, actually read posts, and then STFU.

And where's that definition of adapt? How is this not an adapting period?
>>
the original ghostbusters was written, shot, edited, and delivered in 12 months of being greenlighted by columbia's studio head at the time.

how long has the production been? it's already been proven that the original movie is funny without special effects. how big of a cash sink is this? why can't they make an original IP, if the female audience is so great? i just don't understand why you stray this much from the ideas and stress from the original film.
>>
>>62889855

>Buzzword is a buzzword.

So are vague notions like "equality".
Equality in WHAT, dipshit? Actually formulate an argument.
>>
>>62889678

>In other words, accept it or at least tolerate it. That means that culture is forever heading in one direction, with compromise only by one party.

Pretty much.
Leftists are delusional like that.
>>
>>62889879

It's a cash sink, it's a way for the studios to fluff up resumes and the wallets of those involved in the production.

In other words, it's worthless schlock designed to help those involved get into not-worthless schlock.
>>
>>62889879
They're taking so long with production because they're taking several breaks to do things like this. >>62889318
>>
>>62889855

>Right. Enjoy your opinion. In due time you'll be proven wrong.
We've been proven right over and over and over again.
>>
>>62889855

>WRONG. My argument is that the SJW movement isn't a fad, it will create lasting changes to society

Yeah, no.
The push-back against SJW's is ALREADY rapidly snowballing.
>>
>>62889897
Why, when my opposition refuses or is unable to.

>>62889974
Yeah, of course it is.
>>
>>62889840
Yeah but every movie he's been in charge of has been shit.
>>
>>62888351
>Sony in charge of a film franchise

Why don't they just fucking give up?
>>
>>62888351
This kike is shilling everything he can
>>
>>62888390
You know your young when you can't do math.

>2015-1990=25
>30 year old

Is being this dumb really this common. Does anyone have a stupidity filter or is the world legitametly becoming idiocracy?
>>
File: soundless slut.webm (1 MB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
soundless slut.webm
1 MB, 960x1080
>You know, fuck em!
This is what the 5th most profitable movie studio thinks is a good PR move.
>>
>>62888351
Didn't Tom Rothman fuck up a lot of movies at Fox with his executive meddling?

I'd like to see his face when he gets fired and replaced by someone more competent, maybe someone more "diverse" looking than him
>>
>>62889939
>>62889930

thank you for clearing things up, so the entire production is just a money laundering scheme then? I know that the original cast wrote off the film when Harold Ramis died, since he was that important to the writing and acting. I also heard of two separate but related items from the sony leak emails. One is that they would sue Bill Murray to appear in the film if he refused. something like arbitration. Also in the emails they said that would be fucked over if they were found out about it. kek.

and the other item is that they just threw a shit ton of cash for the original cast to appear in cameos. Not sure how much the Ramis estate was given to dig up his corpse, but I'm sure it was respectable.
>>
>>62888457
That's objectively wrong
/co/ is trumblr
/tv/ is /pol/
>>
Paul was right again.
>>
>the man responsible for die hard remakes and xmen is lecturing others on what will be successful
tip top kek
>>
>>62890292
/pol/ is trumplr
/co/ is /co/mblr
>>
>>62890292
>>62890371
/tv/ is /tv/mblr. Make a thread on black people or gays and you'll get a bunch of butthurt responses and then get banned.
>>
>>62890150
Idiocracy was based on future events you know.
>>
>>62888390
Thanks for letting us all know you're still in diapers.
>>
>>62890416
Unless they're featured in a /tv/ related production that isn't porn you deserve to get banned
>>
>>62890292

>dealing in absolutes

/tv/ is a melting pot

some /pol/, some tumblr, some /co/ , some reddit

a dash of 9gag for that edgy but also wacky teen demographic

/tv/ is a diverse wonderland where everyone is equally unwelcome
>>
>>62888351
>because the audience is diverse
Source needed
>>
File: worldwide.jpg (135 KB, 571x954) Image search: [Google]
worldwide.jpg
135 KB, 571x954
>>62888351
I don't think that was ever a factor, sony
>>
>>62889316
Exactly this. They'll blame its failure on misogyny (and racism too I'm sure because why not?) and insist on pushing their agenda even harder in their next film.
>>
>>62889316
They actually did that with Annie?
>>
File: white male audience.png (180 KB, 1892x1082) Image search: [Google]
white male audience.png
180 KB, 1892x1082
>>62890915
I just happen to have the image for that
>>
>>62890988
They're the ones dying.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd36WGEq7HQ
>>
>>62888351

It's like the want to prove /pol/ right.
>>
>>62891300
>hispanics are underrepresented in film audiences
interesting
>>
This liberal SJW shit has gotten so retarded that I can't even tell when someone is being sincere about it anymore. I feel like it's just a big troll.
>>
>>62890867
>/tv/ is a melting pot
It's not. It's mostly cvcks from Reddit and Tumblr especially compared to the rest of 4chan.

All boards on Western art are filled with cvcks
>>
>>62891434
There's a word for that but I can't remember what it was. The point where parody is indistinguishable from reality.
>>
>>62891433
No, they are 17% of the audience for a movie on average while being 16.4% of the population.

Whites are underrepresented though (54% audience, 63.7% population)
>>
>>62889387
This. Its not her fault she's typecast.
I hope she's the new Spengler
>>
>>62888351
people using diversity trying to push for equality are the most mentally retarded people on earth. The word itself means to divide.
>>
my complaint is why a reboot. Just have them be new characters and the original team is to old. Does that make me sexist?
>>
I like how everyone in this thread (and debate, and reality) is forgetting there are federal laws in the US about the employment of women and black people. Which translates directly to their representation.

Since no one wants to even so much as go near those laws, we're stuck with them.

So you really don't have any choice but to just deal with it.
>>
>>62891483
Comedy
>>
>>62889974
and it's so glorious. as little as a year ago I wouldn't have heard any of my family mention anything related to SJW fuckery, now every gathering is punctuated with "look at what the mentally ill have been up to lately", and I get to sit and grin as they tear apart the stupid bullshit 'progressives' are pushing.
>>
>>62891824
If you actually go outside and interact with people off the internet, you find that basically no one actually gives a shit about anything related to social justice.

It's almost as if the movement exists only on the internet and the media is only making a big deal out of it to draw traffic to websites.
>>
>diversity = a bunch of people all from the same demographic

For example, a group of all men is not diverse. A group of all women is diverse though. Somehow.
>>
File: extremeghostbusters.jpg (243 KB, 993x805) Image search: [Google]
extremeghostbusters.jpg
243 KB, 993x805
>"diversity" Ghostbusters
>less diverse than Extreme Ghostbusters

ayy
>>
>>62891921
>no muslims
RAY CISS
>>
>>62891914
What they're really doing here is stuffing a project full of "diversity" in such a way as to make people feel good about it, so the rest of their projects don't have to be diverse at all.

Black people are proven to be box office poison, so they don't want them, apart from the one or two attractive "black" women. Read: white girls dipped in tea. This allows studios to meet their federally mandated "diversity" quota for the year with projects guaranteed to fail that won't get much more than a token release outside the US, and continue being as undiverse in the rest of their projects, and be rewarded with tons of international release money.

Because, outside the sheltered and comfort ridden west, no one gives a single fuck about third wave feminism or black people.
>>
File: 1446413818428.jpg (155 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1446413818428.jpg
155 KB, 600x400
>>62891921
>Alien and ghost acceptance

SJW has gone too far!
>>
>>62890416
That's all on redwood. The guy sucks the fun out of everything.
>>
>>62888351
>"Do it or die
Well, he already almost ruined FOX.
Sony Pictures really needs to be put to sleep.
Kaz Hirai is a fucking retard. First that Amy Pascal that irrational bleeding cunt and now Tom "The Kike" Rothman whom FOX fired.
>>
>>62891897
that was my point exactly though, my hereditary retardation afflicted friend, my family is so far from the internet that it's amazing even they are catching wind of this shit and openly condemning it as stupid.
>>
>>62891921
Even as a kid, I didn't understand the point of having a cripple on your team.
>>
>>62890020

You had no argument to begin with.
Either post one or stop talking, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>62888351
wait how can this movie have critics if it hasn't even come out yet
>>
File: Liberals Reviewing Movies.jpg (38 KB, 380x252) Image search: [Google]
Liberals Reviewing Movies.jpg
38 KB, 380x252
>>62891066

You bet your ass they did.
>>
>>62892148
Hey Einstein, way to jump in too late, everybody already stopped talking. What a dumb yank, most likely a cucc too.

And there is definitely a point. Learn how to read.
>>
File: Liberals and Crime.png (666 KB, 645x891) Image search: [Google]
Liberals and Crime.png
666 KB, 645x891
>>62891483

Poe's Law

The scenarios people were making yup 5 years ago to make fun of Leftists are now the ACTUAL arguments Leftists use these days.

It's terrifying.
>>
>>62890292
No way. /tv/ is beyond saving lost, /co/ isn't even comparable.
>>
File: 56bcc32595.jpg (39 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
56bcc32595.jpg
39 KB, 500x280
>>62888390

Ghostbusters came out in 1984. I liked that movie so much, I carved it into my desk, and was banned from the school play as punishment.

You bet I'm mad!
>>
I'll never understand this shit. The key to diversity is not to literally flip the genders of the past 100 years of filmmaking as we know it until in 100 years' time we've finally balanced everything out.

Just make films with an equal amount of roles for each gender. The new Ghostbusters team should have been a couple of dudes and a couple of chicks. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>62891897

>If you actually go outside and interact with people off the internet, you find that basically no one actually gives a shit about anything related to social justice.

Yeah bro, the Black Lives Matter retards? They totally don't exist.
The government also totally didn't just spend a massive amount of federal taxpayer money investigating the lack of gender-diversity among Hollywood directors.
>>
File: 1368405658302.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1368405658302.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
>>62892220
>actually using the word "crackers" as a white person outside of a racial joke
that's a new low. even for his kind of worthless white trash.
>>
>>62892271
Kinda like how robocop predicted a right-wing nightmare future, and it turned out to be exactly right about everything except cybernetic police.
>>
>>62891921

Even the kids that watched this show knew how retarded it was to have a paraplegic working a job that is similar to that of a fireman or a cop.

Ghostbusters is fucking already fully in the realm of science-fiction.
If they wanted a cripple so bad they could have had him be a paraplegic, and then have him get some cybernetic implant that makes his legs work.

Star Trek TNG didn't just have a blind engineer. They gave Geordi a fucking visor so he could do his job.
Same logic should apply here.
>>
>>62892343
You do realize there are federal laws that require them to do that, right? That have been in place since before you were born?

Also, hows it feel to prove his point?
>>
>>62892376

It always amazes me how quick PC-tards that shit their pants over words like "colored" or "oriental" will jump at the chance to use racial-slurs aimed at white people ("cracker", "redneck", etc.).
>>
>>62892377
in reality Detroit is a shit hole because of democrats, so find something new to compare with.
>>
>>62892377

>Kinda like how robocop predicted a right-wing nightmare future, and it turned out to be exactly right

Places like Detroit are the way they are because of Democrats, so no.
>>
>>62888390
That's funny coming from a 50 year old pedophile who shills for sony.
Go blow a shotgun queer.
>>
Sony is using corporate cookie cutter "feminism" as a marketing ploy.

Any MRAs who whine about it are idiots who just adding fuel to the fire.

It is a devious and brilliant marketing plot.

Of course smaller companies and scam artists like FemFreq or Zoe Quinn have been doing this trolling of internet idiots for some time.

Now the big companies like Sony are cashing in on marketing outrage about outrage by dumb idiots online.
>>
>>62892514
>in reality Detroit is a shit hole because of democrats
It's because of the blacks and we both know it. A 95% white town run by Democrats would not look like Detroit.
>>
>>62892166
People criticized the remake itself
>>
Eric Andre/Reggie Watts/Stephen Bruner/Zach Hill Supergroup when?

My God the talent. Zappa whould be pissing himself.
>>
>>62891300
>Posts an image where caucaisians are still by far the largest single racial block of all audiences.

Sorry Jamal, you're still a minority.

But here's the important question, why are movies required to meet your diversity quota? How is your complaining about too many white people in a film any different than some stormfront racist gettign angry because of all the black people in movies nowadays?
>>
>>62892534
Yes, globilzation (read: building cities around factories then shipping the factories to china) is totally a democrat thing.
>>
The kikes aren't even trying to hide that they're willfully destroying the world anymore.
How much longer are you going to take it white man?
How long until they start fucking you black man?
>>
>>62892629
>How is your complaining about too many white people in a film any different than some stormfront racist gettign angry because of all the black people in movies nowadays?
Because racism = power + privilege, shitlord :^)
>>
File: culturallyenriched.jpg (53 KB, 716x577) Image search: [Google]
culturallyenriched.jpg
53 KB, 716x577
>>62888351
>diversity is good meme

when will this meme die? its clearly a lie and it's destroying our countries

sure its funny to see retards getting culturally enriched but enough is enough
>>
>>62892696
>milk
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62892696
>Apartheid, Oppression, Racism and Conflict are cool guys!

Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>62892696
It's good for the Jews. Not because they want to destroy these countries (that's retarded, they live there too) it's because they don't want to be the only minority, as thousands of years of history has informed that that being a Jewish minority in a white majority is... not very good

The Holocaust was the last straw, and rightfully so
>>
>>62892745
He probably brought the milk to assuage the eyes of teargassed dindus.
>>
>>62892751
Segregation is honestly better.
>>
>>62889535
they're communist buzzwords, not liberal buzzwords

equality is clearly a communist buzzword not based in reality
>>
>>62892751
All of those things are apparent in countries with no white people
>it's only bad when white people do it.

No u faggot.
>>
>>62892664
don't forget the laws that companies have to follow so when the profit is not there to keep a company running they shut down or find the better deal.
>>
>>62892810
>>62892802
>implying people wouldn't fight over political ideology, geographic location, skin tone, religious belief, and land, if race didn't exist.

Because civil wars have never happened mirite guise.
>>
File: 1448055159738.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448055159738.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>62892696
>>62892696
>when will this meme die? its clearly a lie and it's destroying our countries
Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them.
>>
>>62891602
marxist change the definition of words when it suits them

how else can someone say diversity is a strength without laughing? how is dividing a nation going to make it stronger?

im not sure if jews are super smart or everyone else is just really retarded
>>
My objection to the movie has nothing to do with them being women, it has to do with it existing at all. Why remake perfection?
>>
>>62892882
Oh please the US had a civil war and you faggots blame that on racists too.
Nation of pampered idiots.
>>
File: gif.gif (1 MB, 175x131) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
1 MB, 175x131
>>62888945
I can't wait for this movie to flop.
They keep digging themselves deeper and deeper into a hole.
>>
why don't they make a remake of a sequel? And I mean starship troopers needs this.
>>
> implying black people care about movies that don't have Madea in them
>>
>>62888390
>only 90s kids are mad
Literally no one wants to see this movie. No demographic is interested. Young, middle-aged, old, NO ONE.
Feminists won't even see it because they don't actually give a shit about it, they just wanted it to be made to make people mad.
>>
>>62893016
>we desperately want the nigger audience!
Niggers only watch movies while sponging off their friend's netflix account.
>>
>>62892751
apartheid was good, the blacks were richer, more education and not eating dirt cookies and whites weren't being raped and murdered

apartheid ended, whites got murdered and raped and niggers are back to eating dirt cookies because they buried farm equipment when it ran out of gass

segregation creates peace, hell, thats what a lot of blacks are fighting for now, they want black only police, black only student unions, black only towns

but its racist when white people want that

you hypocritical unintelligent subhuman
>>
It's all bullshit. Ghostbusters has women because they want women to go see action films. Ever since market analysts found that Avengers made a billion dollars from 45% female attendance, studios have been trying to figure out ways to appeal to that demographic.

Once Feminist Ghostbusters flops, they'll change their public tune.
>>
>>62892893
well the bodies are already piling up and whites are predicted to be minorities in all of western europe and north america, and as of right now they're calling for more "diversity" even when millions of white kids have been gangraped by niggers and sand niggers, even when places are bombed, citizens getting acid thrown in their face and soldiers being attacked

it's just going to keep happening to and these retards keep saying diversity is a strength

quite the anomaly
>>
>>62892893
..and I'll whisper "No."
>>
>>62890292
>>62889078
>>62889014
>>62888984
>muh stormpole
Like a broken record.

>b-but others do it so it's okay when I do it too
No. Just no.
>>
>>62892882
Civil rights is a jewish construct. The NAACP was founded by jews and didn't have a black head until the 1970s
>>
>>62893067
But do they want to be American? If not, a lot of smart blacks can go to africa and make it a "paradise" for themselves.
>>
>>62890416
maybe you should try making threads on television and movies then
>>
>>62890867
I read this and just think all I want to do is discuss movies and tv....
>>
>>62893343
Television and film have gay and nonwhite characters.
>>
>>62893298
ya like thats going to happen, oprah could help africa so much, but she uses them as cheap work force to make purses

also, liberia was a country created by americans for blacks in america, funded with millions of dollars, it resembles africa/detroit

blacks should be sterilized for the benefit of all mankind
>>
File: 1446263680726.png (60 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1446263680726.png
60 KB, 592x492
>>62889108
>>
>>62888351
Whether or not you're in agreement with him, a man that straight up says "fuck 'em" can be respected.
>>
>>62889359
1. No-one forces anyone to watch remakes.
2. The existence of a remake does not retro-actively delete the original from existence, or alter its quality in any way.

tl;dr: chill. It doesn't matter in the slightest.
>>
File: holla back.png (414 KB, 1265x828) Image search: [Google]
holla back.png
414 KB, 1265x828
>"I got the old Jewish guys covered"
>Uses an interview about fucking Ghostbusters to dive into Syrian refugees

Oy vey.
>>
>>62893671
>saying "fuck 'em" to the original fans
This is horrible PR for a studio that has the worst PR
>>
>>62893228
Yeah. Clearly it is a conspiracy to take down the white man. Certainly they're not both minorities that may have found it is better to fight together than alone. Didn't Spike Lee or someone even make a movie about black and Jews in New York joining together?

You know a this racist shit of "the Jews" this and "the blacks" that is just a smokescreen created by the elite to keep us all fighting each other , right?
>>
>>62888390
This

If you're 30 and your life is still at a point where you need 4chan then you should kill yourself for being an underdeveloped failure of a human
>>
>>62892563
>>62893131
80 posters and only 2 of yhem know its just for making money and not social justice.
>>
>>62894280
Sony's marketing is playing both the SJW and MRA idiots like a fiddle all the way to the bank.

So busy arging about "muh feminism" and "muh mens rights", they hope we don't notice it is just another shitty half thought out Sony reboot.

If they actually believed in women in film, they wouldn't just give women a shitty half baked turd of a reboot. They would actually let them make their own franchise.

Of course across the board the big studios just want to recycle name brands instead of creating new IP with new names.
>>
File: 1435296325178.png (1002 KB, 1089x1003) Image search: [Google]
1435296325178.png
1002 KB, 1089x1003
>>62889108
>>
>>62892220
>bigoted crackers
>from a white guy

fucking hell.
>>
>>62888351
>Do it or die

Is that why movies have made millions for decades without "diversity".
>>
>>62889318
I don't see many "director" or "producer" signs
>>
>>62894534
That's a nice theory.

In reality the internet is fighting, but the general public has already forgotten the movie exists.
>>
>you will never lynch niggers and burn Jews in ovens in 2015

why even live
>>
>>62888351
This film is going to bomb.
>>
>>62895200
don't worry, 2015 was the year of the marxist

2016 is the year of the nationalists

you can feel it
>>
File: Smug.png (265 KB, 376x399) Image search: [Google]
Smug.png
265 KB, 376x399
>>62891921
>>
>>62892220
Oh my god. Thanks Anon. I owe you a drink. Stop by if you're ever in Maine.
>>
>>62889269
Ernie was a nice guy when I met him at a convention.
They cut all his stuff because it was suppose to be Eddie Murphy.

Eddie would have been good but it would have been an entirely different character. Ernie did a great job even though they cut out all his funny lines .
>>
>>62893131
but the key is that women go on dates with guys, who aren't going to go see this horror show
>>
>>62889181
checked
>>
>>62889622
Adam is a least a proven star of sorts.
And 88 millions isn't ridiculous .

150 million for a goofy female buddy comedy?
there is something strange
And it don't look good
>>
>>62893808
Unless you're George Lucas
>>
Wait is the original ghostbusters cast in this movie? I would assume they at least have a cameo.
>>
File: 1446382928213.jpg (92 KB, 804x808) Image search: [Google]
1446382928213.jpg
92 KB, 804x808
>>62889108
>>
File: 1425672449765.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1425672449765.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>62889108
>>
Rothman is clueless. He was grandfathered in. Fox is shit and he doesn't understand the medium he is paid to embrace.
>>
File: can_t_wake_up.jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
can_t_wake_up.jpg
46 KB, 540x438
> mfw it will never be 2009 again
> we'll never again see that resurgence of GB merch
> we'll never get another game that is an actually fantastic sequel to the movies
> we'll never again see that period of time in which things like the IDW comic come out and be written by people who actually understand and care about the source material
> fans will never again write official GB storylines
I'm about to hang myself desu senpai.
>>
File: mfw.gif (1015 KB, 368x270) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
1015 KB, 368x270
>>62891921
> no one has posted GOAT opening yet
For shame.
https://youtu.be/DEpCUB8IjzM
>>
File: 1444491156728.png (153 KB, 308x294) Image search: [Google]
1444491156728.png
153 KB, 308x294
>>62889318

>only three women of color

UGH DISGUSTING THE LACK OF DIVERSITY IS REALLY SHOWING HOW RACIST HOLLYWOOD IS.
>>
>>62892146
If I remember right, there was an episode where Garrett felt like shit because he realized how much of a risk it was to have him on the team.
>>
File: 1431893097839.jpg (477 KB, 2480x1593) Image search: [Google]
1431893097839.jpg
477 KB, 2480x1593
>>62888351
>>"I got the old Jewish guys covered," he quipped.
I do not understand what he means. who is he talking about ?
>>
>>62897775
esepecially when he jew himself

>Rothman was born in Baltimore, Maryland to Jewish parents.[12][13] In 1976, He attended the Park School of Baltimore prior to entering college. Rothman graduated from Brown University with Honors in English and American Literature, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, and was an All New England selection in Division 1 Lacrosse.[11][14]
>>
>>62897775
lel nice image

>it's in modern day Turkey, so the ancient people must have been Turkish
>>
>>62888561
>a negro on /tv/ that ain't blue
somewhere abatap is rolling in his filth
>>
>>62897775
I guess he's saying he's got other jews under control.
>>
>>62894224
34yr old here.

My teens and twenties were spent playing in rock bands, doing drugs and partying all night long. Now I'm spending the quieter years of my life chatting on 4chan while you're wasting the best years of your life sat in front of a computer.

What great things do you have planned for the day you turn 30, suddenly outgrow 4chan and emerge into the outside world like a beautiful butterfly?
>>
>>62892696
>those eyes
He's questioning his whole life.
>>
>>62892220
>jewfro
>>
>Everyone shits on the Memento remake pointing out the obvious criticisms like the younger generation should just watch the original or that Hollywood is out if original ideas
>literally everyone is in agreement on this
>if anyone dares have the same opinion about the Ghostbusters remake they are a misogynistic pig
Why
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.