[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just realized, there's pretty nothing they could have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: mark-hamill-raccoonknows.com_.jpg (212 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
mark-hamill-raccoonknows.com_.jpg
212 KB, 500x710
I just realized, there's pretty nothing they could have done with Luke that would have been a fresh idea.
>wise old jedi=Obi-Wan trope
>dark jedi=Anakin trope
>grey jedi=he hasn't changed since RotJ
>abandon jedi completely=he's back where he was at the beginning
The only option that would have been a totally new idea would be to have him be dead this entire time, and there's no way they would have done that.
>>
>>62886591
>a fresh idea.
This isn't even necessary. Just tell a good story. Ideas are used over and over again because they work.
>>
File: 07+-+hjVHT65.jpg (99 KB, 960x579) Image search: [Google]
07+-+hjVHT65.jpg
99 KB, 960x579
Luke is going to be a cyborg.
>>
>>62886591
Yeah there is. Luke is a now a pansexual transgender and has three force sensitive cats called obi, wan and nob cheese
>>
>>62888158
That would just be even more of an Anakin trope
>>
Luke was always a clone mixture of Obi Wan and Anikin.
>>
>>62886591
>implying the new star wars movie is even gonna be complex enough to deal with moral greys
Luke is gonna be a bad guy
>>
>>62888309
nah hes new yoda. hell be weird and entertaining to the viewer and yet very wise
>>
>>62886591
Whatever he's doing, it's probably going to be more interesting than Han, Leia and the droids repeating their same meme lines from 30 years ago to make nerds clap in the theatre.
>>
>>62888340
>instead of a bad-ass famous hero with a qt redhead wife, he will be an weird autistic hermit
Great
>>
>>62886591
He becomes gay and lives his life in a small iglo house with his partner, giving jedi lessons, part time.
>>
>>62886591
His mocap work in Star Citizen looks pretty good.
>>
He probably spends all his time bonding with his blue ghost father.
>>
>>62889741
Actually, yeah. Luke wouldn't have any Jedi homies but would be able to commune with fucking Qui gon, Obi wan, Yoda, and Anikin.

Which really should be enough to keep from the dark side.

Also this picture always looks like its for his ghost.
>>
>>62890284

He wont be dead. Han/chewie are gonna die and he'll die in the next one
>>
>>62890284
Not Qui-gon. He died before learning the secret to becoming one with the force.
>>
>>62890352
Qui-Gon is the one that taught Yoda how to be a force ghost though
>>
>>62890352
But he's the one that calls back to teach it to everyone else. Plus isnt he in the resdone Lucas edition of ep 6?
>>
What if he's already a force ghost by the time they show him in the movie?
>>
>>62890380
>>62890391
gross.
what a load of schlock those movies were
>>
>>62886647
A New Hope was a good story. How do you feel about VII being ANH 2.0?
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 580x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 580x412
>>62890352
Lucas said something like, "Qui-Gon's got to learn to commune with the force"

I don't know if he taught anyone else how to do it... This is all too complex. The migraines are starting again! AHHH!
>>
>>62890380
Quigon never finalized the ritual, he's kind of stuck in limbo and only informed Yoda that it is possible to be fully one with the Force. Yoda does the full ritual in S6 of The Clone Wars.
>>
>>62890395
Then he could spout expository dialog and sit on tree stumps
>>
>>62890391
>>62890380
>tfw there will never be a scene of Force Ghost Yoda telling at both Qui-Gon and Obi-wan "Told you so, I did"
>>
they could have made him a demi-god that spends his days manipulating a planets entire ecosystem

not for the good or the bad but just because
>>
he'll contract Jeditis and be confined to one of those hover pallets.
>>
>>62886591
I hope they give us a good explanation as to why he became a hermit.
>>
>>62886591
I always liked the idea that he formed a Jedi academy in secrecy and had been training Jedi for years after the death of the Emperor in case the Sith ever returned.

I suppose that's too much to hope for with the new film since it's gonna focus on the new younglings.
>>
>>62888445
Mara Jade was fucking stupid.
>>
>>62890615
Yeha I always liked that in the EU. He didn't teach light side/dark side, because he himself fell somewhere in the middle, and taught a more grey side mentality.

It would be interesting to see that played out but we won't.
>>
>>62890615
They will probably introduce a jedi academy at the end of the new trilogy
>>
File: sw.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
>>62890284
>would be able to commune with fucking Qui gon, Obi wan, Yoda, and Anikin.
And Yadle.
>>
>>62886591
i hope luke is now a dark jedi who has taken kylo ren, han and leia's son, as his apprentice. might be cool.
>>
>>62888420
underrated post
>>
Let me remind you that this trilogy will never have Kyle Katarn appear on screen.
>>
>>62891442
I googled that and apparently it's non-canon EU shit

please go
>>
>>62888158
I'm pretty sure robot man is confirmed for Andy Circus character
>>
>>62891480
Another reminder that the Kyle Katarn stuff is probably a better story taking place in the SW Universe than either the prequels or the new film being a 75% copy of ANH.

At the very least they knew what the OT visuals were, and didn't shoehorn any stupid fucking robots into the setting.
>>
Luke's gonna show up at the end of the movie and go Goku on Kylo Ren's ass and save the day, then he'll die in the next movie to the actual villain but will manage to turn Kylo into a good guy.

Mark my words. It's just pottery.
>>
luke will be a neet jerking off to the memory of kissing leya
>>
>>62891574
you're an idiot
>>
>>62891799
no you
>>
>>62886591
>there's pretty nothing
Wat
>>
>>62890284
He's going to die in 8 or 9.
>>
>>62891902
>Master Qui Gon dies in first of prequel trilogy
>Master Obi Wan dies in first of original trilogy

JJ isnt going to NOT continue the poetry. or maybe he will, i dont know.
>>
>>62891799
your*
>>
>>62891940
He won't. Luke will show up only in the last few minutes as part of the sequel hook.
>>
The big reveal in TFA is that Luke has been dead for years and he appears as a force ghost to Rey at the end
>>
>>62891940
>literally a new death star and a new Darth Vader and "Hey, remember that original trilogy we all like haha? :)" left and right

He's going full pottery
>>
>>62888223
Fuck you, i kekd.
>>
>>62886591
I think Luke as the leader of a new jedi order would have worked out.
>>
>>62888158
That's Luke's body as an evil cyborg after he fell to the dark side. The real Luke (his spirit) died a while back and is a force ghost.
>>
>>62891545
Kyle Katarn was never anything special. Good games, though.
>>
I think they could have done something merging cool.
>>
>>62895820
Have no idea where "merging" came from senpai.
>>
>>62890284
could be ghost or a holorecording
>>
>>62888158
>Luke being creepily obsessed with Vader
One of the dumbest theories ever. It would ruin the end of ROTJ.
>>
>>62868061
I remember feeling self conscious every time I held my coat that way after watching Band do it >>62886591

I think he should continue to be grey as he was at the end of ROTJ. what better way to : bring balance to the force'? He broke the Jedi mold
>>
>>62896290
>Even though Lucas really wanted a bright, upbeat ending, and he fought against killing off any major characters — even Yoda, for a long time — during one story session, Lucas pitched a really, really dark ending. In a nutshell, the scene with Vader and the Emperor unspools the way it does in the final film. Vader sacrifices himself to take out the Emperor, and then Luke helps Vader to take off his famous helmet. And then — Luke puts on Vader's helmet himself. In the transcript of the story session with Lucas and Kasdan, Lucas says: "Luke takes his mask off. The mask is the very last thing — and then Luke puts it on and says, 'Now I am Vader.' Surprise! The ultimate twist. 'Now I will go and kill the [Rebel] fleet and I will rule the universe.'" Kasdan immediately responded, "That's what I think should happen" — but Lucas didn't actually want to go that dark because "this is for kids."
>>
What is Luke is the Maschetta man?
>>
>>62886591
how about washed up middle aged jedi running an intergalactic accounting firm?
>>
>>62896420
And in addition, the line :"now I am vader", wouldve been the dumbest fucking line in any movie ever.
>>
Anakin is a Force ghost.

Luke can go, "Hey Kylo Ren I heard you're a big fan of my dad. I can train you in the Jedi ways so you can meet him!"
>>
>Luke in seclusion like yoda was
>A young jedi wannabe actor will need his guidance
>empire and rebs faff about with colorful lasers and splosions
>Han and Chewsbacka cameo!
>more splosions and references!
>Luke is unsure about the future of the force/jedi
>Cue "Rocky" training montage for said jedie
>Reveal! Kylo masketta is a failed apprentice of Luke's
>lightsaber ballet dance party!
>But theres a super secret master behind him, see ya in ep 8!

Literally the only way its gonna play out
>>
>>62888309
The old star wars movies werent either
>>
>>62891505
I thought it would be Max Von Sydow. Who is that guy playing then?
>>
>>62897259
Evil White Male #243
>>
>>62896580
"Now I am Sheev" would've been 10/10 though
>>
>>62886591

I think grey jedi is still interesting. He wasn't all the way into gray until the end of the movie, so seeing the full, long-term outcome of that transition would be interesting.
>>
>>62896528
kek
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.