[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Batman Begins the best Nolan Batman? >Gotham actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Batman_Begins_Poster.jpg (47 KB, 272x402) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Begins_Poster.jpg
47 KB, 272x402
Is Batman Begins the best Nolan Batman?

>Gotham actually has its own feel and atmosphere instead of being a generic American city and it actually has a crime problem, we see its dark alleys
>Batman actually has a fight with the main bad guy in the end
>his voice isn't as annoying as it will get in the next movies and even uses it in his most famous scene (and it works)
>although overshadowed by Joker and Bane
>Batman takes down Scarecrow's goons one by one in a way which he's the best known for (and which we don't see too often on film sadly)

Basically it's the one which feels like a Batman movie. Not like Burton's films but it's still ok. And I liked Ra's and Scarecrow in this although they were later overshadowed by Joker and Bane.
>>
>>62882224
It's the superior flick in the trilogy.
I think it'd have been better to let Nolan go after this like he wanted and then make another batfilm that wasn't all "muh realism"-fucking shit all is realistic about these movies anyways. Maybe no HLJ, but maybe that would have been a good thing.
>>
>>62882224

Best of the trilogy and my favourite Batman movie so far.
>>
>>62882224
The movie is less interesting once he captures Falcone.

Ra's Al Ghul is just a guy that wants to spread a gas/mist throughout the city because that's what every superhero movie villain does.

Also Batman just lets him die, but whatever, Nolan's Batman lets that rule kind of slide when he wants. Like when he guns down Talia.

Overall though, it's my favorite.
>>
I wish the two sequels kept a similar tone, especially with Gotham. Nolan's was a pretty good mesh of Burton Gothic and modern. Toss in a few more gargoyles and it would have been perfect.

I still think TDK is the highlight of the trilogy simply because it touches on (albeit very minimally at times) just about everything that makes Batman what it is.
>>
>>62882224
It was his best batman flick, and my personal favourite batman of all time. probably my favourite capeshit flick all around. except maybe tobey maguire spideyman 1. but its not Nolans best.
>>
>>62882224
The second one is much better. The first one has two weak villains and some terrible pacing problems.
>>
File: 1428761163406.jpg (259 KB, 920x1385) Image search: [Google]
1428761163406.jpg
259 KB, 920x1385
I think this and TDK are the only Batman films where he actually does some detective work, though admittedly not very much.
>>
>>62882224
It's probably one of the best conventional superhero movies ever made, but it doesn't really escape from the genre. The whole "I won't kill you but I will leave you in an exploding train falling off a bridge" thing tells me that they weren't really ready to let the series take itself seriously enough to mean anything. Also the fight scenes were completely and totally incoherent. Dark Knight is better, but this is still good even if it lacks CIA.
>>
>>62882490
I think that it's important to have Gotham represented correctly in a Batman movie. Gotham really is a character of it's own, and I think Nolan understood that in Begins, but I'm not sure why he went for the Chicago-ized Gotham in the sequels.
>>
>>62882641
Burton still can't be beaten in this regard. At least so far. Even in his first shot of Ghotam City. But even random establishing shots or scenes where the camera moves really fast. It's all great. No wonder why Arkham games took the inspiration from his movies.
>>
>>62882629
this x1000
>>
File: 1359827937995.jpg (34 KB, 299x376) Image search: [Google]
1359827937995.jpg
34 KB, 299x376
>>62882224
Yes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.