[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /tv/'s thoughts on this flick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 183728373545.jpg (529 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
183728373545.jpg
529 KB, 1000x1500
What are /tv/'s thoughts on this flick?
>>
>>62881990

YOU ARE ALL FREE NOW
>>
File: legend-of-riki11814gif-0d281c.gif (2 MB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
legend-of-riki11814gif-0d281c.gif
2 MB, 260x173
>>62881990

>YOU'RE ALL FREE NOWWWWW

>YEYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Thanks Spooby!
>>
>>62881990
It's fucking awful, I know that's the appeal of it but it's legit just terrible.
>>
File: 1415689574378.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1415689574378.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
one of my all time favorite movies

it has no qualms about being as ridiculous as it is, and for that I love it.
>>
>>62882042
Fag, I bought it on DVD because I know people like you exist. I bet you think this movie is the same as Sharknado.
>>
>>62882176
I don't know what that's meant to mean but you're allowed to enjoy what you enjoy, my friend.
>>
>>62882042
You probably like the Dawn of the Dead remake way more than the original, fag.
>>
>>62882203
I haven't seen the original, I don't watch many zombie movies. I thought the remake was alright though.
Would you say it's worth watching for somebody not too into the genre? I've been meaning to check out something new.
>>
>>62882166
I love how surprised Riki looks sometimes. It's like he's shocked by his own strength half the time.
>>
>>62882193
And I have to enjoy it twice as hard because some people out there don't realize how great it is.

>>62882232
OG Dawn of the Dead is 10/10 Americana kino. George Romero is underrated as fuck. If you want more after this watch Day of the Dead and then move onto Lucio Fulci.
>>
>>62882232
It's my favorite film of all time. There are three versions - theatrical, extended, and European. A fan-made supercut of all 3 has been made, but I'd suggest starting out with theatrical.

And I'm not one of those faggy gorehounds who goes to horror conventions. It's just a legitimately great movie. Day of the Dead is equally is great, imo. Just misunderstood.
>>
>>62882296
I'm glad you mentioned the gorehound thing, I'll take your suggestion but the reason I didn't like Riki-Oh was because it just seemed like retarded random violence and not a solid movie in any sort of narrative sense.
>>
File: brofist.gif (1000 KB, 440x208) Image search: [Google]
brofist.gif
1000 KB, 440x208
>>62881990
Best fucking live-action FOTNS adaptation.
>>
>>62882311
>seemed like
Did you actually watch the movie?
>>
>>62882346
Yes, I had it lying on my hard drive and my goth friend picked it out. I think he's a big fan of old B-movies.
I've seen worse, I don't mean to shit on it too hard, just really not my cup of tea.
>>
I haven't seen the movie , though I want to, however I have read the manga that this movie based on. And The manga goes on to even more contrived wtf bullshit if you can even imagine it. This movie seems be based on the first arc of the manga where Riki's in Jail.
>>
>>62882425
True, although there are a few flashbacks telling the viewer how he got there.

But none of that matters. Just enjoy the goofy characters, practical gore effects and nonsensical plot.
>>
Top shelf practical effects.
>>
>>62882425
They might not get to incestuous time paradox space nazis but the movie's still pretty goddamn awesome. I don't think that the spirit of the Seinen genre has ever been captured as faithfully in live-action as in Riki-Oh. It's miles better than that piece of shit Ichi the Killer.
>>
>>62881990
It's pretty based

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOtHM7E3ZvI
>>
Best movie ever to come out of Asia.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.