[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All the TV plebs who seriously thought the avengers was going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
>All the TV plebs who seriously thought the avengers was going to make more money than this, or that this wouldn't be the highest grossing movie of all time

seriously how could any of you think that ? it's one of the biggest pop culture phenomenon's ever, bunch a plebs.

this will be the biggest box office smash bar none.
>>
Can't beat Avatar
>>
>one of the biggest pop culture phenomenon's ever
>literally unknown in the most important market
weow
i want sheltered redditors to leave
>>
>>62880055
Strong opening,yes. Once the reviews starts popping up, and everyone realizes what a bland piece of shit it is, it's going to drop dramatically.
>tfw based Cameron wins everytime
>>
>>62880143
>most important market
You mean foreign market?
>>
i fucking hate preorder culture
>>
>>62880055

I don't think it'll be the biggest by a long shot. People are overselling it waaay too much, but I agree that anyone who thought that Avengers was going to be bigger than a new non George Lucas written/directed Star Wars were either dumb fucks or denial fucks.
>>
File: 1446074568676.jpg (21 KB, 248x189) Image search: [Google]
1446074568676.jpg
21 KB, 248x189
>Jar-Jew Abrams
>beating James 'Based Jim' Cameron
He could get all his jew buddies in hollywood to help market this shit and he still won't win.
>>
>>62880055
I made a prediction months ago that Star Wars would clear $2 billion at the box office easily, and probably smash all known records beyond that, but you know how /tv/ is
>m-muh Cameron!
>>
The only possible way it will be the biggest is if it is insanely re-watchable and word of mouth around the water-cooler is "you HAVE to see it in theaters". Think about it.

Titanic: Teen-Girls re-watched this a ton and even Grandma went with them cause it was from her times.

Avatar: The 3D and very cool neon forest of Pandora had people seeing it with friends who had not seen it.

I just don't see this happening for TFA. My guess is like 1.2 billion World-wide.
>>
>>62880369
>I made a prediction
Oh i guess that clears everything up then
>>
>record breaking advance ticket sales
>first movie to really go full bore with that
>more than half of them are on ebay (and not selling, lol), half of what remains are going to be scalped at the doors
>still is only around $50 million

... Yea. They're jerking off this bit of press kinda hard.
>>
>>62880433
> Think about it.
I like how this never follows anything intelligent or that requires any sort of thought.
>>
>>62880055
It will get no where near Avatar, the number one movie of all time.
>>
>>62880524
The thought would that Star Wars doesn't have the "It" factor. It needs something special to attract people that normally don't go to movies but for something unusual they will. Get it now?
>>
>>62880089
lol, i hope you're joking
>>
>>62880550
but it will smash it out of the park though
>>
>>62880524
if you had the capacity to think you'd realise those movies became an event

that wont happen for star wars
>>
>>62880615
But it won't kid. Not even close.
>>
>>62880580
>>62880631
>>point out how "think about it" always follows something moronic or obvious
>they elaborate further in effort to look smart

>>
>>62880697
oh so you agree

it's not obvious to everyone anon, maybe for you it is.
>>
>>62880055
It will probably win Best Picture too. James Cameron BTFO
>>
>>62880433

idk m8

that people vs george lucas documentary had fans claiming that they saw the phantom menace 5 or more times despite not really enjoying
>>
But its going to be SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
>>
We all know Star Wars has hardcore fans who preorder shit.

Which game do you think had more pre-orders: CoD:BO3 or Fallout 4? Which will sell more copies? Yeah, exactly.
>>
>>62880972
Even if diehards saw it 10 times it won't make it to #1 or even #2.

You have to get jaded Bob from accounting who calls all movies "Hollywood shit" to see the film and Madden playing Jake who thinks Star Wars is for "pussy nerds brah" to watch it. I don't see that happening, but I could be wrong. Just a guesstimation.
>>
>>62881964
>there are still hardcore Star Wars fans

How?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.