[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the Deux Ex of movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Dxcover.jpg (125 KB, 362x450) Image search: [Google]
Dxcover.jpg
125 KB, 362x450
What is the Deux Ex of movies?
>>
the matrix
>>
Blade Runner, ironically enough.
>>
>>62820318
Well that doesn't make much sense.
>>
>terrible, awkwardly-executed content
>overpraised for introducing retards to ideas in circulation for decades
T2
>>
Ghost in the Shell
>>
>>62820296

Thanks, i've got to install this now.

It's been about 3 years.

There really isn't a movie like the original Deus Ex, while it was inspired by the matrix in its main character design, the actual plot is more illuminati based verge if the world getting fucked stuff.
>>
>>62820346
>nothing to do with political corruption influenced by corporations on a global scale
>muh SJW robotic human rights
>le vangelis owl eyes and meme glow umbrellas

Fuck off idiot
>>
>>62820346
>>62820388
these are the only two appropriate answers
>>
>>62820473
You've never even read Vinge.
>>
>>62820406
Sometimes I wish more movies could get away with the ridiculous shit they pull in video games
>>
>>62820318

pretty much this

very good but still probably overrated
>>
>>62821562
I must be the only person in the world that thinks the Matrix is fairly rated. It was mind blowing as far a visuals when it came out. The story is pretty good too.
>>
Lucy and JC toward the end of their stories run kind of similar. Lucy, of course, isn't dryly hilarious and still has the limitations of an organic, humie brain.
>>
You're pretty much asking what the greatest film is.
>>
the matrix is basically the ultimate ripoff movie

done well, and it's mind blowing because of that and the genre (especially if you don't know what it's borrowing from), but in reality it's just a composite of all the things it steals from, and it's become obvious also that it's uninspired when you look at their movies overall in the years since.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.