[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
W/ Bob and David
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: with__key_002_h.jpg (173 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
with__key_002_h.jpg
173 KB, 600x889
What did you think of this? My wife's son liked it, but I never watched the original show.
>>
I never saw Mr. Show but this is pretty much shit.
>>
>>62818389

>my wife's son

Kek
>>
>>62818816
top kek
>>
>>62818389
I watched like the first couple sketches, it was pretty godawful for Bob and David. I might give it another chance when I regain my patience.
>>
>>62818816
>kuk
>>
I watched the first 3 eps so far and I'm completely blown away by how bad it is.

You'd think that Bob and David would have amassed a ton of brilliant sketch ideas over the years, but they got absolutely nothing worth making a new show out of.
>>
Quran salesmen was GOAT tier & Heaven is totes for realz was great, the rest vacillated between not funny and decent
>>
>>62818911
yeah those were good and I think I liked some other ones but I can't even remember
>>
>>62818389
First episode was shite and i don't think i'll watch another, never watched mr show so maybe it's just not my thing
>>
right from the first sketch i knew it was shit . fucking time machine? i was cringing so hard. .. terrible . the bit where he got the call and he had the islamic ringtone got me tho kek
>>
>>62818816
>>62818825

Amazing how you newfags fall for this every single time.
>>
>>62818389

Anyone who is a fan of the original show will like it. It has some amazing moments.

"Also... I'm transitioning"
>>
>>62818911
I thought the one about the skiier was funny.
>>
File: 1441748939589.jpg (29 KB, 269x273) Image search: [Google]
1441748939589.jpg
29 KB, 269x273
>>62818389
>My wife's son

that's a 10/10 bait son, you have a bright future here
>>
I didn't like the first episode, or the good cop/bad cop skit but other than that the second episode made me laugh a few times.
>>
My favourite ep was making of. That was fascinating imo
>>
1st episode was pure nostalgia for me. I loved it. It was probably not as good if I rematch it.

2nd episode was solid, very nice.

3rd episode weakest so far.

4th episode has some bad sketches. But I laughed a few times.

That's as far as I got. So far Mr show is way better but honestly it took them 4 seasons to hit their stride in that show. Pretty much impossible to come out the gate and kill it.

/blog
>>
>>62818989
Did you just call me a f*g? You're one of the most hateful assholes I've ever seen. I heard that this place was bad, but I wasn't expecting to see vicious homophobic slurs.
>>
Best sketch: The Dry Cleaner Sketch
Weakest sketch: Salesman
Cringiest sketch: Know Your Rights

all in all, it was really good. in the making of episode, they talk about trying to keep people from comparing it to Mr Show. but they shouldn't have worried.

this holds up really well compared to the original run of Mr Show. Mr. Show was never bad but not every sketch was great.
>>
>>62819102
Pipe down, faggot.
>>
>>62819092
>honestly it took them 4 seasons to hit their stride
Good point, the OG Mr. Show is really hit-or-miss, no different from every sketch comedy show.
>>
Don't know what the hell any of you are on about. I've only watched the first two episodes out of the four so far but it's like nothing has really changed after all these years. Shit's the real deal down to the links and it makes me giddy that they managed to get everyone back together for this, seeing as they've been busy doing lots of different things. I didn't burst out laughing more than once or twice and it's so far been just constant grinning at the wacky cerebral shit and that's exactly what watching Mr. Show was like so as far as I'm concerned, they know what they're doing. Just keep in mind how the original series started with its first four episodes. It'll take a little while until this has its first "Pre-Taped Call-in Show", "The Audition", "Story of Everest" etc. tier sketch. Warming up and bouncing back after all this time is going to yield some kinks they'll have to work out and I'm kind of astonished they managed to retain the heart of the show as well as they have. It has not turned out like Run Ronnie Run or something as of yet and I have no reason to be anything other than optimistic that it'll get better and better.

Only criticism I can honestly think of is that I wish they'd use the original theme song and a more vibrant stage for the opening/closing segments.

They need to get Dino Stamatopoulos back on the writing team if he isn't. It'd be cool to see Patton Oswalt as well, because he really only got one moment in the original run and it was just him standing there. They've also got to stick Maynard Keenan somewhere in an episode for a second.
>>
>>62819116

If you think Salesman was the weakest get your head checked.
>>
I think it's pretty funny, really faithful to the old show imo
>>
File: image_22.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image_22.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>62818816
> he doesn't know the pasta
>>
Absolute fucking garbage, as expected. I regret ever enjoying it the first time around.
>>
>>62819333
Dino is writing, they talk about how important he is to Bob and David as a team in the doc
>>
>>62819333
Nice trips, but remember that they haven't confirmed a second season. Bob is busy with Better Call Saul and David could kill himself any day.
>>
>>62819333
Kill yourself faggot. Anyone with any faith or admiration left for Le Liberal Comedy Scene needs a helium tank.
>>
>>62818989
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
Too short. It was alright all up, pretty safe honestly, that episode 5 which is them talking about shit behind the scenes they were discussing a few things that didn't make it in that i thought would have been gold.

Not as good as Mr Show, but probably because it's a quarter of the length.
>>
>Comedy At It's Sketchiest ;^)

Wow, what a smirkingy little ukulele-tune of a tagline, so neato ;^) I jutht LUV Paul F Tompkins' little moustaches and dapper little pinstripe suits ;^) The gradual drowning of the formerly-alternative comedy scene into dainty anti-masculinity sure is awesomesauce :^)

Mithter Sho!! gawd I'm sudge a comedy nurd
>>
>>62819546
It's sad that you took the time to type this.
>>
>>62819430
Love you too, generic neckbearded lonely dude.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.