[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have to admit, even if you think Family guy was always bad,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
You have to admit, even if you think Family guy was always bad, it used to a very different, more innocent type of bad.

I don't think there's any show that changed more than this one, other than maybe the Simpsons.
>>
>>62817367
Old Family Guy is funny in a 70s alternative comic way

And I loved it
>>
>Brain Griffin

>you can actually hear Chris yell "GO BRAIN!" amongst the crowd in the stands

Always cracks me up.
>>
pretty much the same shit to me, just more stale

you probably just got older
>>
the problem is once it got cancelled seth and the writers changed their style, so when it was brought back they made it simpler and 'edgier' to keep the average person interested and stay on the air. obv it worked but at the expense of the quality of the first few seasons
>>
>>62817367

What about South Park?

Family Guy still does the same cut away gimmick multiple times an episode. There was a time where it made up more of the episode then whatever 'plot' was unfolding.
>>
>>62817793
it changed they style because all the writers took different jobs the second time it got canceled so they had to hire a new writing staff
>>
The first 3 pre-cancellation seasons were okay. Nothing really special though.

I liked them when I was 12 because they said dirty words.
>>
Ladies and gentlemen... Mr. Conway Twitty.
>>
>>62818044
that's when i had enough and when they would spend two or more minutes with just audio and no animation just blinking listening to someone on the phone or some shit.
>>
>>62818044
Oh god. The time they did that and played the entire song. Fuck I almost killed myself
>>
>>62818044
I SEE THE WANT TO IN YOUR EYES
>>
The reason it changed was because the good writers left and started to write for american dad
>>
>>62817367

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Every show hits a peak. A peak of greatness. That peak is almost always seasons 3 through 7. Seasons 1 and 2 are just getting their footing, and after the 7th season the writers are out of ideas and just want a paycheck.

Family Guy is no different.
>>
>>62818044
>WOW SO DIFFERENT

You mean writers literally giving up to kill time?
>>
Other than the current season and last season I still thought the show was pretty funny. Definitely very different from the first 2 seasons but I still got at least a few good laughs from almost every episode. That's more than I can say about most comedies on the air right now.
>>
>>62818180
who are you?

So when i quote you I can give a proper citation.
>>
>>62818180
>Every show hits a peak. A peak of greatness.
This is patently false.

Do you seriously think every show ever made has hit a "peak of greatness"?

How about Wanda At Large?
>>
>not watching american dad which has arguably increased in quality
Shig
>>
>>62818435
Don't be so literal, if a show is shit from the beginning then it doesn't have a peak.
>>
>>62817367
>remember the x y and z happened
These were the 'jokes' from the start. None of them funny in the slightest. 5 minute long fights with a chicken or Griffin holding his shin for a whole minute
Amazing( totally not wanting me to kill everybody involved in making this steaming pile of shit )comedy.
>>
>>62818466
But the writing has gone from humorous dialogue to nonsensical moments. That newer one with the Asian guy and the hotels or something I cannot watch. I don't get the joke and I don't want to.
>>
>>62817367
Was always shit
>>
>early seasons
Simpsons clone but with more fantasy elements (talking dog and baby for instance)

>middle seasons
A unique style of zany, politically incorrect comedy that carved out its niche by being spontaneous and utterly unpredictable while being willing to cross the line. As >>62818180
put it, the show's peak.

>later seasons
DUDE REPUBLICANS LMAO and other sociopolitical preaching mixed with nauseating attempts at dark dramatic "serious" storylines
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.