[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a movie that will fuck me up or trip me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: The-Holy-Mountain.jpg (214 KB, 560x292) Image search: [Google]
The-Holy-Mountain.jpg
214 KB, 560x292
I'm looking for a movie that will fuck me up or trip me out. But in a well done way. I'm thinking Salo or The Holy Mountain. Which one? Any other recommendations?
>>
>inb4 "oldboy"

no, that shits weak.

heres some p good movies

Irreversible
Martyrs
Enter the void
>>
The Holy Mountain
then Fantastic Planet
then Viva La Muerte
then I Will Walk Like a Crazy Horse

then you will achieve enlightenment or Panic
>>
>>62817364
Would it be worth waiting until I have time to watch them all in one sitting?
>>
File: hehtoad.jpg (45 KB, 524x356) Image search: [Google]
hehtoad.jpg
45 KB, 524x356
Salo is boring as fuck and The Holy Mountain is one of the greatest films ever made so I would say The Holy Mountain
>>
>>62817362
Seen Enter The Void, I liked it. That is the right idea though as far as what movies I'm looking for
>>
>>62817384
No, but watch the last two in that order because they're by the same director and go from weird to "what the shit is this"
>>
NATURAL BORN KILLERS

SPEED RACER
>>
Is watching The Holy Mountain high a good idea?
>>
>>62817413
ok OP then heres more (these wont necessarily trip you out or fuck you up but theyre good movies nonetheless and youll get weird feelings watching them) :

The Dreamers
Kids
Her
Christiane F
>>
>>62817464
Yeah, but watch Beyond the Black Rainbow, instead. Its way better.
>>
>>62817488
Yeah, I saw that high. Didn't really enjoy it as much as I hoped.
>>
The Holy Mountain is like someone who takes acid and thinks they are intellectually superior because of it.
>>
>>62817362
Any other Noe movies worth watching?
>>
Playtime.
>>
>>62817526
Subtext probably went over your head. Here's a video to explain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztaZo-qsrTE
>>
Eyes Wide Shut
>>
Holy Motors
>>
>>62817554
yeah except there's an entire scene mocking people like that in The Holy Mountain
>>
The frog scene from the holy mountain made be think of Pepes getting eating by the lizards.
>>
>>62817587
Perhaps. I might have just been too high, and probably really tired. I think I was almost falling asleep. I'll watch it again and then watch that video. Thanks.
>>
>>62817554
some people are effected in positive ways from an acid trip, have you ever taken it?
If not, then why you can even judge
>>
The One I Love
>>
>>62817609
THIS
>>
>>62817576
They're all with it imo
>>
>>62817647
Pardon the guys monotone narration t the video will clear up any questions you might have, and then rewatch it stoned, see if you don't enjoy it more

If not, yeah, holy mountain is great, there's lots of imagery from it that's in beyond the black rainbow, so that's cool
>>
>>62817554
That's pretty much the exact opposite of the impression the movie gave me.

>>62817303
Seconding Speed Racer and Beyond the Black Rainbow, they're both aesthetically awesome and interesting in their own ways. As for more stuff:

>Manhunter
80's as fuck with a cool soundtrack, very well shot and a great weirdo character.
>The Red Spectacles + Stray Dog: Kerberos Panzer Cops
Everyone hates these movies but me, but they might be what you're looking for. They're both experimental psychological thrillers about cops.

>Hard Rock Zombies
I still have a hard time believing that this movie was real. I've never seen anything else like it and I doubt I ever will.
>>
>>62817748
Its pretty much the go to response of plebs who can't understand relatively straightforward satire and visuals
>>
File: p20483_d_v7_aa.jpg (104 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p20483_d_v7_aa.jpg
104 KB, 480x720
Pic related is some spooky shit.

Plus, the soundtrack is god-tier.
>>
>>62817609
This was a very good movie that I can't really recommend to anyone outside of threads like these, even though I think more people should see it. There just isn't really a place for it other than psych threads or people who take hard drugs (and none of the people I know who do them don't watch movies like these)
>>
>>62817701
>>62817576
>>62817413
There is a 720p rip of Love on kickass, If you didnt already know.
>>
>>62818026
how is that even possible...
>>
>>62817668
Yes I have taken it. If you get intellectual enlightenment out of it then you don't understand reality.
>>
>>62817303
Cube.
>>
>>62818009

I feel that outside of recommendations from threads like these the only way someone would watch a movie like that is if they just happen upon it somehow. That's how I discovered it. Most of the trailers and synopses are just too vague, and understandably so.

I watched it on a whim one night since it was on Netflix. Had no idea what the flying fuck I was watching but I was still thoroughly entertained.
>>
>>62817303
The Cell
>>
>>62817303
Pink Flamingos

specifically the chicken sex scene
>>
>>62818536
Less psych, but The Fall is beautiful too.
>>
>>62818357
No true Scotsman, huh?
>>
>>62817488
FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE THERE'S NO COMPARISION
btbr is a pile of horseshit

>>62817587
if it's so "sub" nobody gets it and you need an autistic video, it's badly executed.
>>
>>62817303
watch Threads if you really want your shit to get fucked up
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.