[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chances Hollywood will Screw Her Over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: 476948_v1.jpg (152 KB, 550x650) Image search: [Google]
476948_v1.jpg
152 KB, 550x650
So they optioned the rights to Zoe Quinn's memoir to be made into a film. IF any Hollywood executive is actually dumb enough to think this would be profitable to produce, does /tv think they'll just gloss over her wrongdoings like they did for Erin Brockovich or think they might do something she didn't expect & play up her checkered behavior like Phyliss Haver from Chicago? Or I suppose it could be somewhere in the middle like Evita buuuut evenhandedness isn't really en vogue these days.
>>
>>62815804
She's already been screwed
>>
File: 1429380367317.jpg (148 KB, 527x565) Image search: [Google]
1429380367317.jpg
148 KB, 527x565
>>62815849
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 540x960
>>62815804
> Five Guys, the Movie
>>
I doubt this will ever get made, no one that isn't a SJW or MRA give a shit about gamer gate.
>>
>>62815804

>>>/v/
>>
book right always get snatched up, especially if they are cheap early on. Doesn't mean it will ever get made
>>
>Pascal Films (Sony)
I thought she was fired from Sony and that's why she opened up her own studio.
>>
Won't happen, books get optioned all the time with nothing coming to fruition.

unless people keep bringing it up and Sony gets it in their heads that there is money to be made here
>>
>>62815804

Considering how tastefully it was covered in Law & Order, I expect great things.
>>
>casting scarlett to play one of the ugliest women on the planet
this should not be legal
>>
>>62815804

whenever this whole gamergate thing went down is about the time i stopped even browsing /v/
can someone give me a quick run down? is it essentially just anonymoose being mean to lolrandom gamergurl?
>>
If they make a movie about her she will be shown to be in a relationship with that guy she fucked for reviews and didn't even know he was a game journalist. Any flaws she's shown to have will be benign.
>>
>>62815974
lolrandum gamer girl makes a shit vidya, but gets rave reviews
/v/ checks it out and she banged the reviewers

things (like always) get out of hand
>>
>>62815974

>girl makes video game
>has sex with a game critic for a positive review
>autistic gamers lose their shit
>>
>>62815927
I wouldn't mention it anywhere but here where it will be gone in a couple hours tops. Just Hollywood is known for pulling the ol switcheroo on people's source material and it sure would be funny if they did that here.
>>
Hateful people being hateful for a few months until most of them lose interest. Yeah that sounds like box office gold to me.
>>
>>62815997
>she banged the reviewers
>>62816014
>has sex with a game critic for a positive review
This never actually happened, but nice try GG. Now go grow a soul.
>>
File: NEPa7288IOX1SR_1_b.jpg (46 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEPa7288IOX1SR_1_b.jpg
46 KB, 600x316
>>62815804
> evenhandedness not in vogue these days.
Brother, you got that right.This is one of those perfect storms of combined self-interest where a producer sees a way to please the SJW base. If it doesn't make a quick buck, the wooly feelgood social justice angle will pay off dividends in the long run with positive publicity. This kind of thing is always a crapshoot; they went with their gut on this, like with "Truth", same as Erin Brockovich.
>>
>>62815889
Back to /v/ you go
>>
They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know every little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed in frustration? All to later be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where. They think calling us racist, misogynistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challenge when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competitive, hard core, by nature. We love a challenge. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challenge us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
>>
>>62815927
I'm sensing an ironic twist where the benign members of this site continuously bring up this topic, in so far as they bring it up to talk about how little they care about it. This will cause them to make a fucking movie about GG.
>>
That cunt is getting her own movie? Are you for fucking real? Why?
>>
>>62815974
basically what the other two said. One side claiming lack of professional distance from their subjects in gaming journalism, the other claiming systemic misogyny in the community until both devolved into shouting "conspiracy!" at each other.
>>
>>62816014
>>62815997

oh.

i thought that was common practice tho.
>>
>>62816078
I want to see it made so retards will start frothing at the mouth again

It amuses me
>>
>>62816060
Zoey plz go
>>
I honestly can't wait for it, it's gonna brew such a massive shitstorm around here. I don't give have a fuck about the gaming community anymore because everyone involved in it is fucking stupid no matter which side they're on, so it's gonna be fun to watch everyone piss themselves over dumb shit like this.
>>
>>62816102

It is. In any medium really, music, books, movies, etc. Gamers are a special breed of autistic, that's all.
>>
Oh good thing they got Scarlett Johanson to play her. They look identical for sure
>>
>>62815974
From what I can tell
>girl makes game about depression, it's praised to the high heavens
>it's a shit game it's just a choose your own adventure website
>people kind of fed up with games press constantly jerking off these "indie" developers
>find out depression quest girl is a horrible abusive person
>find out she bangs lots of fellas in the indie and press scene
>people call her a shit
>games press unironically falling over themselves to defend her honour online and declaring that the people who called her a shit are in fact shits
etc etc
>>
Remember The Social Network ?

Yeah, me neither.

This movie will be even worse.
>>
>>62816090
Both sides are right
>>
>>62816070
can I get some parmesan with that copypasta?
>>
>>62816147
Could you imagine Scarlett putting on the pounds to be true to the role? Unf.. chubby scarjo meessa like
>>
>>62815804
FUCK /v/, fucking literally tossed endless amounts of money at these B.A in Gender Studies with their endless obsession over them.

Now they can live comfortably in their liberal dens like NY or San Francisco and rake in all the money from their crocodile tears to beta white knights and normie fucks.
>>
It's simple guys, we make a movie that's a spoof on it, we go so ridiculous on it that we cannot be sued. Hell the scene when the boyfriend discovers the 5 guys should have "cut you're not right for this role anymore. Tommy!"

"O hai it's an honour to do this scene for you. YOU'RE TEARING ME APAHT ZOE! WHY ZOE WAAAAAAAI"
>>
File: Dobson btfo v.jpg (346 KB, 600x826) Image search: [Google]
Dobson btfo v.jpg
346 KB, 600x826
>>62815997
>>62816014
>>62816090
>>62816149

should also include how /v/ tried to champion themselves as antigg while Dobson BTFO them. truly one of the worst beatdowns in history lol
>>
>>62816180
I'm on board with that
>>
>>62816204
Everyone's eating 5 guys burgers and fries throughout the movie.
>>
>>62815804
I'm not sure who the Jewish elite are in bed with when it comes to the video game community, so I guess I'll have to wait in see.
>>
>>62816149
Looking back on it I think it's funny that people freaked out in the first place. Some rando indie dev slept with a couple of shitty college journalists to MAYBE get her experimental non-game more press. That's some extremely small-time shit, that's a babby tier scandal.
>>
>>62815804
Zoe's eyes are hauntingly beautiful.
>>
>>62816078
I kind of hope it goes through brother, if only to see /v/ churn out more cringe worthy pasta like >>62816070
>>
File: tumblr_nahpagEPOg1rphc69o6_500.jpg (79 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nahpagEPOg1rphc69o6_500.jpg
79 KB, 500x748
will the movie say anything about these pics
>>
File: Have Mercy.jpg (26 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
Have Mercy.jpg
26 KB, 375x500
Do you motherfuckers understand now? DO YOU? Let me spell it out one more time for the densest among you.

This. Is. Not. Just. About. Video games.

These people want to destroy those of you who speak out and control the rest. You've seen them talk on twitter and tumblr, they will happily put you to death if they could and drink your tears while doing so. Video games is one front of a much larger war. It does not begin or end with video games and if you don't fight you are going to lose so much more than just a hobby. This is the end of the war, they have been winning it for years. Gamergate was a surprise resistance that popped up after our "forces" had been routed and slaughtered on the altar of social justice for decades.

If you want to live in a world where some histrionic pampered brat and her sniveling cohorts can cry harassment and shut down entire websites then yeah sure do nothing just protect the vidya I guess. If that idea disgusts you then it is time to stand up if you haven't already and fight them on every level. Remember Shirtgate? Remember how they made a motherfucking scientist cry on what should have been the best day of his life? Over a shirt? It's not just about video games these people are monsters in human skin. Fight them! While you still CAN fight!
>>
>>62816252
Especially since /v/ already knew game journalism was a joke. They had already been making Dorito Pope jokes without anyone ever getting mad or upset about reviewers shilling for games and companies.
>>
>>62815804
>IF any Hollywood executive is actually dumb enough to think this would be profitable to produce

that's the thing - to a large extant, they value social justice more than profit. that's why they're doing stuff like the ghostbusters remake.
>>
>>62816225
Dobson is a c uck tho.
If you look the definition of manchild you will find a picture of him.
In the other hand /v/ blow the things out of proportion and now is the reason there's going to be a movie and actually gave more money and fame to those guys they hate, not even /tv/ or /co/ failed to put in shame some e-celebs.
>>
>>62816290
disgusting
>>
>>62816070
>>62816291

/cringe

go back to kikechan faggot
>>
>>62816252
It was very small time, which is why nobody knew about it until people started trolling Zoe and she started her twitter storm. That's why everybody thinks gamer gate is about sexism.
>>
>>62816266

You do know she is famous because she sucked like a billion guys cocks to get published and lied about it, right?
>>
File: Mikey.jpg (18 KB, 480x291) Image search: [Google]
Mikey.jpg
18 KB, 480x291
>>62816314

Look at you. Just LOOK AT YOU. Do you honestly think, for even a nanosecond, that your mere words or silly pictures or animations have any effect at all on me? Or any other hardcore gamer? Did you possibly believe that your amateurish attempt at belittling me could have any effect on my psyche after the countless hours I've spent dealing with people far more-intelligent and creative with their insults, than yourself?

I pity you. I pity that you're so unimaginative and have no creative thought-process, whatsoever. I don't even have contempt for you.
>>
>>62816234
But that was never funny to anyone that wasn't a gamergate manchild
>>
>>62816252
She was already hated for previously claiming a site full of suicidal depressives tried to "harass" her in order to get her game (about depression) greenlit on steam.
>>
I wouldn't sleep with 5 guys for publicity that would be wrong, I would sleep with 5 guys and woman for publicity, because of equality and fairness.
>>
>>62816328
In the film it's just artistic foreshadowing of the event to occur.
>>
>>62816252
It helps that she is a pathological liar who got caught in her lies.

But really most of the kindling and gunpowder was set down by games journalists being fucking shit at their jobs, not understanding the core basics of full disclosure, and constant conflicts of interest.
>>
>>62816149
Wasn't Depression Quest a free game anyways so...
>>
>>62815804
LITERALLY WHO
>>
>>62816304

STOP BODY SHAMING FAGGOT. YOU ARE LITERALLY RAPING HER JUST BY LOOKING AT THOSE PICTURES YOU SHIT
>>
>>62815804
Fucking /v/, thanks for nothing.
>>
>>62816291
I want redchannit to leave
>>
She didn't even make an actual game.

Depression quest is basically a personality test.
>>
>>62816386
>It helps that she is a pathological liar who got caught in her lies.

There are girls like that all over the world though, there's nothing special about this one.
>>
isn't Scarlett too old?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 360x450
Will ScarJo go all out to mimic Zoë's appearance.
>>
File: I LIKE YOU.jpg (87 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
I LIKE YOU.jpg
87 KB, 1200x675
>>62816403

I'm from Reddit and I love this place, also. Oh, does that make you mad? So very mad? Oh, you seem quite mad that there are those of us from Reddit who also enjoy coming here and hanging out with you cool guys. We like it. We REALLY like this place. Oh, we're not leaving. We're sitting right here, friendo. You like that one? "Friendo?" It's from No Country For Old Men. I know tv memes lol!

You think this is your own private utopia, your retreat from the world, your clubhouse to hang out with your other rebels, but guess what? We Reddit folk found it. We found it and we like it.

And we're not leaving.
>>
>>62816389
The push it got was really bizarre though. It was treated like some sort of landmark point in the development of video games.
>>
>>62816079
She's a modern day Harriet Tubman. Leading the enslaved female collective to freedom.
>>
>Games
>Journalism

Choose one
>>
We've been through this before.
The internet cannot carry a motion picture, not even the ess jay dubs can make one profit.
The internet as a concept does not interest people, not even tech. Blackhat bombed big-time (which was leejun-inspired), Steve Jobs bombed big-time.

All that happened is that Zeke put out the rights to her stupid book and that dumb bitch from Sony bought it. It will not be made, period.
>>
>>62816102
It is, but you're not supposed to get caught, thats where it become bad.
>>
>>62816398
Scarlett Johansson, she's an actress who revived a lot of early positive reviews for her adolescent performance in Ghost World. Later she again gained attention for her role in Sophia Coppola's Lost in Translation which eventually led to her being cast in the highly successful Avengers movies.
>>
>>62816290
>that face

This is shopped, right?
>>
>>62816436
Never noticed because I never really cared desu.
>>
>>62816160
>painting Zuckerman out as the narcissistic sociopath he actually was
>worse

I can only wish they would do the same with her.
>>
Idont really give two shits about the GG shit anymore, unless its laughing at how fucking stupid Anita Sarkeesian is being.

I just want to play Shovel Knight in peaceTHANKS FOR THAT FUCKING BOSS RUSH, YACHT CLUB
>>
>>62816449
Can I abstain?
>>
File: b7W7NC7.jpg (96 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
b7W7NC7.jpg
96 KB, 667x1000
>>62816473

nope. She did this before the whole video game thing
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 377x372) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 377x372
>>62815804
I'd be funnier if it wasn't an actual idea some big wig jew had.
>>
>>62816377
There's an r where a u should be in your sentence, anon.
>>
>>62816423
Huh-huh-huh-high test!
>>
File: 933.jpg (18 KB, 436x357) Image search: [Google]
933.jpg
18 KB, 436x357
>>62816180
>>62816226
>>62816423
>>
File: disgusted kitten.png (661 KB, 804x451) Image search: [Google]
disgusted kitten.png
661 KB, 804x451
>>62816496
>>
File: BLUUUUUERRRRRGGGGH.jpg (32 KB, 314x320) Image search: [Google]
BLUUUUUERRRRRGGGGH.jpg
32 KB, 314x320
>>62816496
>>
>>62815914
Jews don't get fired, they get "fired" ie; moved around or downgraded.
>>
File: 1446610138095.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446610138095.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>62816225
>Dobson
>capable of BTFO of anyone
>>
File: 1441834623209.png (225 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1441834623209.png
225 KB, 800x800
>>62816490
Sure you can, that makes you less an autist than the hundreds of thousands of redditors from kia or 8-chan who obsess over this meme topic.
>>
>>62816389
It was made free only after Robin William passed away, as a publicity stunt. She actually expected people to pay her for an html page before.
>>
>>62815892
its actually part of the american unconscious at this point, my grandma knows what gamergate is...
>>
>>62816225
Dobson is an autistic furry manchild. Who gives a shit what he says.
>>
File: A New Level Of Fail.gif (3 MB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
A New Level Of Fail.gif
3 MB, 400x255
>>62816567

>he thinks it's just about games
>he doesn't see that it is not about gaming, but about the right to free speech and the right everybody has to tell oversensitive SJW's to fuck off
>he thinks that this issue doesn't affect all of Western civilization
>>
>>62816579
ha, not unless she fucked Zoe too ..which honestly is possible.
>>
>>62816496
She do any hardcore videos?
>>
>>62816465

Well yeah. Why would you pay to see a movie about an internet story when all of the real info is out there for free? A historical drama? A war movie? I get paying to see those. A dramitization of some blogger having a crisis? Fuck that.
>>
>>62816614

no, just these pics
>>
File: FOhXKGC.png (656 KB, 1300x864) Image search: [Google]
FOhXKGC.png
656 KB, 1300x864
>>62816611
Wew lad, you need to get out more.
>>
>>62816465
Social Network did pretty good.
>>
>>62816624
>Why would you pay to see a movie about an internet story when all of the real info is out there for free

because reading is hard and sometimes people like to eat popcorn for dinner
>>
>>62816611
This is bait, right?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
I honestly think that both her and Anita are gorgeous women. I would happily marry either of them
>>
File: 5.jpg (55 KB, 657x360) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
55 KB, 657x360
>>62816611
>making a big deal over childrens games
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 455x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 455x390
Matt Ryan (Constantine) needs to play Milo.
>>
File: 1416342244692.png (64 KB, 617x402) Image search: [Google]
1416342244692.png
64 KB, 617x402
>during gamergate /pol/ discovered that moot was being friendzoned by one of zoe's cohorts like the beta he is
>started calling him a kekold
>butthurt moot spams /pol/ with kekold porn
>it becomes a meme
>now I can't go a day without seeing bestiality on any given board
>>
File: v btfo again.jpg (428 KB, 600x810) Image search: [Google]
v btfo again.jpg
428 KB, 600x810
>>62816225
>>62816299
>>62816603

>that kek, autistic furry manchild still destroyed /v/ with his comics
>his comics still reaches thousands and thousands of his fans while /v/ posts are literally gone in 10 minutes

Face it Dobson BTFOs /v/
>>
>>62816611
>2015
>being this autistic
>>
>>62816667
I agree about Anita. Not so much about the other one. I just think she's incredibly daft.
>>
>>62816667
Jesus no. You can't help what you like to fuck but you have to talk to wives afterward FOR. THE. REST. OF. YOUR. LIFE. Think about that and it being conversations about how ms. pac man is sexist.
>>
>>62816667
You know she doesn't look like that after she wakes up right? she looks like a fucking dog
>>
File: Lost My Shit.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
Lost My Shit.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>62816639
>>62816653
>>62816668
>>62816700

HAHAHA oh lawd, there are people right now, right NOW, that have no idea about the precedent that this is setting. NO IDEA!

These people are SO clueless, completely unable to realise that, if the SJW's win this war of attrition, that the next step is to start censoring people OUTSIDE of the Internet! Ha ha oh sweet MERCY, you losers are retarded!
>>
>>62816252

That wasn't the scandal.

The scandal was that when people told the truth about her and called her a slut, the media rushed to her defense ad companies blacklisted people.

It was a typical case of Liberals being mad at facts.
>>
>>62816697
Don't you have some inflation drawigns to fap to?
>>
>>62815804
>cracked.com
I use to have your website bookmarked...what the fuck happened to you?!
>>
>>62816713

So? Almost all women dont look the same right after they wake up
>>
>>62816693
thank dear leader hiroshimoot for ending the kekold meme
>>
>>62816740
That's fair, but they'd look better than her, that's the point
>>
>>62815804
If they include the photo shoot scene it might be worth it.
>>
>>62815974

Basically some twatty SJW girl with no real talent named Zoe Quinn created a indie Flash game called Depression Quest. It sucked, but it somehow got shout-outs on a few gaming websites and even uploaded for download on Steam. A lot of people thought it was extremely out of place and not up to even Steam's admittedly lenient standards.

A little while later, Zoe Quinn's ex-boyfriend goes public with news that Zoe admitted to him not only was she cheating on him, but cheating on him with five separate people on him.
These 5 people turned out to be owners of moderately-trafficked blog and review-sites, all of which just so happened to ones that gave Depression Quest attention and/or good reviews. The guy provided chat-logs and Skype Text conversation screenshots and things like that for evidence.

Basically, Zoe Quinn sucked and fucked her way to good reviews and exposure.

People naturally reacted negatively to this, as it was a bald-faced example of corruption, sleaze and back-door dealings in the world of videogame journalism, which is already pretty corrupt as it is.

Basically Zoe Quinn and the people that supported her ran damage-control, which took the form of spinning any criticism against Zoe Quinn as "misogyny" and "sexism".
Other more mainstream sites like Kotaku that are already run by leftists took this angle and ran with it, and started making articles to spread this narrative.

Basically idiots bought into this, and were thusly distracted from corporate/personal corruption. Mission accomplished.

CNN even did a segment on how poor and oppressed Zoe was by this supposed evil consortium that supposedly just really hates vaginas, claiming she's received "death threats" and had to move out of the country, funded by her loyal supporters of course.
Anita even went on the Colbert show and lied to the entire nation about how it was really just a conspiracy by "angry sexist males" and totally not an issue of morals or corruption or anything.
>>
File: Tommy The Clown.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Tommy The Clown.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>>62816714
They're probably so retarded, they don't even know what "precedent" means
>>
>>62816320
I choose to believe this is a serious reaction
>>
>>62816667
good luck with the divorce
>>
what did anyone actually do to this girl except say mean things about her on the internet?
>>
File: 4.jpg (49 KB, 443x267) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
49 KB, 443x267
>>62816714
>muh childrens games

>>>/v/
>>
>>62816667
You'd just be asking for your shit to get fucked up.
>>
File: 1405579139108.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1405579139108.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>62816714
>>
>>62816225

>an unironic furry manchild that blames "rich people" for the fact that idiots take loans they can't pay back
>BTFOing ANYBODY

Not in this lifetime.
>>
File: One.jpg (63 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
One.jpg
63 KB, 500x411
>>62816792
Oh you sad, pathetic loser. Get back to me when you even know what "precedent" means. No, strike that. Don't get back to me at all. Just being in your presence would lower my own IQ by 50 points, to 100.
>>
>>62816776

no. we would be together forever. I would probably even let her peg me
>>
Many people are finally realizing that pandering to the SJWs isn't worth it (look at the sales of the new Tomb Raider games) so this movie is likely to never happen.
>>
Well I think they should attack GGers, first with bombs, and rockets destroying their homes, and then when they run helpless into the streets, mowing them down with machine guns. And then of course releasing the vultures.

I know these views aren't popular, but I have never courted popularity.
>>
File: how gg retards see themselves.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
how gg retards see themselves.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2304
they just couldnt let this gay pointless shit go
>>
>>62816818
damn dude, you must have some serious insecurities
>>
>>62816014
>>62816149

You guys are forgetting about how it culminated in one of the most inane episodes of Law and Order: SVU of all time, and the shitstorm that followed on /v/.
>>
>>62815974
This girl fucked people to get good reviews on her shitty indie game

Her ex bf posted proof that she had fucked with 5 guys and posted text and chat logs of her and the other guys talking giving her improved reviews for fucking them

then /v/ called her out on it and then she posted rape threats to herself on 4chan acting as an anon and made fake Twitter profiles doing the same thing. and then screen capped her own posts and asked for donations from the SJW community.

Then she went to UN and asked for better online censorship (think the recent South Park episode with butters filtering out all the mean comments).

She's now getting a movie based on a one sided memoir that she's not even done writing yet. She's getting money for being called a slut on the Internet. She's currently making bank and has no job.
>>
MOOOOOOODS
>>
>>62816225
I don't think I've ever understood a single joke made by Dobson. Is that supposed to be humour? He's like a more extreme version of that retarded joke cartoonist from The Onion. Also there's something off-putting about his drawing, I think it's all the curvy lines used on all of his characters. They look funny but not in a good way.
>>
>>62816840
>look at the sales of the new Tomb Raider games

the first one sold incredibly well, even if it wasnt up to Square Enix's retardedly high estimates. And of course the second one sold bad, they cut out like 75% of the market by making it xbox one timed exclusive
>>
>>62816862
Shitstorm? /v/ thought it was the greatest thing ever since it was so fucking stupid. Twitter and tumblr are the ones that got butthurt and caused a shitstorm about it
>>
>>62816850
are the GGers the skanky hoes who hate freedom of speech or the smelly virgins society has designated to protect it
>>
>>62816070
i wonder if this was written ironically to begin with
>>
>>62816767
Not quite, Kotaku IS one of the sites where she was romantically involved with one of the editors and had been receiving positive press from his articles without disclosure.
>>
>>62816862
GO HOME IMAGEBOARD BOY
>>
File: 1361355184785370906.gif (3 MB, 359x329) Image search: [Google]
1361355184785370906.gif
3 MB, 359x329
>journalists literally in bed with game companies
>people get mad about getting bought reviews
>journalists accuse gamers of misogyny and threats and never substantiate that said threats occurred
>people hate gamers and take the misogyny charges at face value in order to white knight for some inexplicable reason

Guess who won?
>>
>>62816318
That's speaks more of Gaming journalism than Zoe. Gaming is shit partly because of corrupt gaming journalism.

How many went after the writers?
>>
>>62816868
Hey let's be fair, UN Women. Even the joke that is the UN wouldn't take her. So she had to go to the only place that's an even bigger joke
>>
>>62816901
the scientologists
>>
>>62816862
So much fun was had following that episode. The edits alone were a god damned delight.
>>
File: Samus_Brian.png (112 KB, 1022x601) Image search: [Google]
Samus_Brian.png
112 KB, 1022x601
They should've made it about Brianna Wu instead. Like a slow descent into madness type of movie. I'd pay to see that.
>>
>>62815804
So wait, we have to cut out all sexually pleasing women from video games, just because this chaste bitch doesnt like sex? FUCK THAT PRUDISH CUNT, ILL FORCE HER INTO A SLAVE LEIA OUTIFT, AND MAKE THIS ENTITLED FEMENIST BITCH DANCE FOR MY AMMUSMENT!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>62816929
post some for those of us who were still trapped on le reddit and missed it
>>
>>62815804
who?
>>
File: dickwolfisdickwolving.jpg (116 KB, 1077x401) Image search: [Google]
dickwolfisdickwolving.jpg
116 KB, 1077x401
>>62816862
DICK WOLF
>>
>>62816857
>some people start fucking up a thing other like
>surprised when people defend their hobby
>>
File: Think Eddy.jpg (24 KB, 538x476) Image search: [Google]
Think Eddy.jpg
24 KB, 538x476
>all the idiots ITT trying to look "neutral" about Gamergate, thinking it somehow makes them look smart

Someone got caught sucking and fucking in exchange for corporate favors, and when this information was exposed and people made fun of her for it, the media rushed to her defense and labeled everyone involved a "sexist".
It was a BLATANT attempt at suppressing factual information to cover up legally and morally dubious behavior by shitheads championing "social justice".

If you're legitimately "neutral" on this event, you're a fucking idiot or a hardline Leftist hypocrite that is running damage-control.

If such an instance happened in any other medium, you idiots wouldn't be playing the "neutrality" card.
>>
File: fun is a neurological trick.jpg (66 KB, 949x264) Image search: [Google]
fun is a neurological trick.jpg
66 KB, 949x264
>tell gamers they're going extinct to make way for liberal enlightened paradise
>a year later your career is dead

like pottery
>>
I will rape a trans*gendered person because I hate women.
#gamergate
>>
>>62816907
I think "corrupt" is a bit much. I think they're more just ridiculously inept because the work they do is worthless and unnecessary so they have no standards. What kind of retard actually pays attention to them? I knew they were spazzy hacks when I was ten and they were relatively decent back then compared to now.
>>
>>62816870
FAGGGGGGG
>>
>>62816952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Man1oy4Xh_0
>>
>>62816982
And just like that a career is born.
>>
>>62816840

>Many people are finally realizing that pandering to the SJWs isn't worth it

Because they're never happy.

Over the next few years you will see "social justice" icons brought down by the very people that they were trying to speak for because it's all a game of outrage olympics to them. We've already seen it with Joss Whedon and others.

SJW think that if you're the most outraged person in the room you're the best SJW byproxy. These alarmists are wearing down their own momentum.
>>
>>62816881
yeah /v/ was completely and totally level-headed and their butts were so free from hurt

sorry, but I have firsthand experience that says otherwise
>>
File: 983856239507.jpg (220 KB, 1100x850) Image search: [Google]
983856239507.jpg
220 KB, 1100x850
I remember the first thread about zoe and her fucking 5 guys for her game.
I remember everyone banding together to point out how sleezy it is to whore yourself out for video game reviews.
I vaguely remember some deep conspiracies arising, then suddenly losing interest.
I remember it suddenly bursting into this major journalism fiasco about how basically all of them are bribed and it's all marketing, no real reviews.

And now people think GGers are autistic neckbeard manchildren who can't get over their "viddy gam gams"

Where did we go wrong? I stopped paying attention after the 5th day of the war.
>>
>>62816957
Cracked.com, they were a Mad Magazine knock off who became a Maxim knockoff ten years ago before giving up print publication all together to collate lists on the internet that sometimes used to be funny
>>
File: 1431231569959.png (484 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1431231569959.png
484 KB, 582x600
>>62815804
>mfw /v/ will continue to deal with its enemies in a counterproductive manner resulting in them gaining both notoriety and wealth
>>
>>62816881

Yeah, I meant "shitstorm" in the way of "huge reaction".
>>
>>62816907

>How many went after the writers?

Uh, pretty much all of them?
Stop trying to deflect criticism away from Zoe Quinn.
>>
File: 1445509578529.png (257 KB, 415x476) Image search: [Google]
1445509578529.png
257 KB, 415x476
>>62816970
The GG side was obviously in the right if you look for longer than five minutes but fuck getting involved with either side. Both parties were jacked by loud and obnoxious minorities pretty quickly. You might see it as trying to do something about hopelessly bad standards in vidya journalism but to most people it's MRA's and feminists trying to throw shit at each other. There's nothing to be done for it now.

Just stop paying attention to the journalists and once the normalfaggots run off to ruin another hobby they'll all lose their work. Just kidding, normalfaggots are here to stay and vidya is dead because they pay to eat shit. Normalfaggots are the ultimate evil behind everything.
>>
When will /v/ fuck off from /tv/
>>
File: 1411159876483.png (25 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1411159876483.png
25 KB, 800x600
>>62816965
>defend their hobby

you mean gossip like middle school girls 24/7
>>
>>62815974
/v/ worked out a way to drag other people down to their level, shit was funny
>>
>>62817046
Basically it went beyond vidya games and took a major autistic turn to an already autistic issue. Basically this:

>>62816611
>>62816714
>>
>>62815804

>/tv/ 2015
>>
File: I Won't Get Trashed, Again.jpg (78 KB, 832x584) Image search: [Google]
I Won't Get Trashed, Again.jpg
78 KB, 832x584
>>62817083

I'm from /v/ and I love this place, also. Oh, does that make you mad? So very mad? Oh, you seem quite mad that there are those of us from /v/ who also enjoy coming here and hanging out with you cool guys. We like it. We REALLY like this place. Oh, we're not leaving. We're sitting right here, friendo. You like that one? "Friendo?" It's from No Country For Old Men. I know tv memes lol!

You think this is your own private utopia, your retreat from the world, your clubhouse to hang out with your other rebels, but guess what? We /v/ folk found it. We found it and we like it.

And we're not leaving.
>>
>>62817093
Oh, so a group of anonymous persons with no direction tried to form a movement against corruption and the corruption won?

not surprising
>>
File: Wayne.png (501 KB, 851x436) Image search: [Google]
Wayne.png
501 KB, 851x436
>>62817093
>One's right to defend their freedom of speech, and the freedom of speech for others, is "autistic"

You people become more hilarious with every year!
>>
>>62817109
what if hiro makes /film/ and it ends up being /lit/ and /mu/ though?? everyone knows how insecure those boards make /v/edditors
>>
>>62817093
This. It became a culture war between two insufferable camps.
>>
>>62817088
Oh shit an mspaint comic. I bet your opinion is the correct one in this matter.
>>
File: 1447479449367.gif (427 KB, 406x320) Image search: [Google]
1447479449367.gif
427 KB, 406x320
>>62817083
Are you saying that you not only don't crossboard, but that you also feel some kind of board-nationalism towards /tv/?
>>
File: 1434250226061.jpg (31 KB, 318x322) Image search: [Google]
1434250226061.jpg
31 KB, 318x322
>>62817130
>>62817135
>>
>>62817150
it is, and the mods and most of /v/ agrees.
>>
>>62817079
This is the most level headed response you can expect in the entire shitfest.
>>
>>62817160
i'm >>62817130

>damage control
literally what?
>>
File: MAX DAMAGE.jpg (101 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
MAX DAMAGE.jpg
101 KB, 650x650
>>62817160
Oh, I can post pictures, too!
>>
File: glibbitygibbersloseyetagain.png (2 MB, 2040x1606) Image search: [Google]
glibbitygibbersloseyetagain.png
2 MB, 2040x1606
Positive discussion of GooberGabble will not be tolerated.

Crashing this thread.
>>
File: 1267296644021.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1267296644021.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>>62817172
>and the mods and most of /v/ agrees.

Now I know it has to be correct
>>
File: 1312479872314.jpg (84 KB, 495x417) Image search: [Google]
1312479872314.jpg
84 KB, 495x417
>>62817158
Are you trying to start a problem, outsider?
>>
>>62816061
EVEN BETTER if you can convince a gaggle of "uncool" people to bitch about it 24/7 for months giving you free publicity and setting yourself in opposition to perceived intolerance and lameness.
Its perfect.
>>
>Talentless right-wing hack with an incredibly sketchy past that somehow became a film-maker ends up getting exposed as someone who literally sucks cocks in order to get contracts.
>People on the Internet naturally start making fun of them.
>The media immediately jumps to that film-maker's defense, churning out articles about how the people criticizing him "just hate men", and that the anyone making fun of him is "sexist" against men.
>Anytime you mention the guy negatively on 4chan, you get disparaging remarks from faggots going "Lel! You care too much about movies, neckbeard! 'MUH MOVIEGATE!' You're all just sexist against men like they said on CNN!"

Take a look at that scenario.
I somehow doubt it would ever happen.
And yet, here we are, with the same situation, just with videogames instead of movies and with the sexes and politics reversed.

That's how disgusting this scenario is and how hypocritical Leftists are.
>>
The harassment was real and undeserved. Only an idiot or a liar would suggest otherwise.

Because you insist on being idiots and/or liars, there is no room for real discussion. I can't say "hey what Zoe did was kinda shitty" because she's all "OMG HARASSMENT" and you're all "THERE'S NO HARASSMENT YOU LYING BITCH" and I'm lumped in with you and you're the scum of the earth. So Zoe is an untouchable angel thanks to you.
>>
>>62817224
all harassment was orchestrated by individuals who saw a cause and sperged out, not /v/ itself.
>>
>>62817240

>seattle washington

What is it about liberal la-la land here that is making all this shit happen.
>>
>>62817135
Free speech is a tool of white male hegemony, haven't you been following the college protests?
>>
>anything to do with videogames

But I'm not 12, why should I care about this?
>>
>>62817224

yes the harassment was real but they acted like cunts so i dont know if it was undeserved
>>
>>62817265
Fine, but nobody cares.
>>
>>62817192

>Kicking out an anti-censorship group.

Wow, that made you look REAL GREAT, Calgary Expo.
>>
File: gamergate-17.png (1 MB, 2480x1125) Image search: [Google]
gamergate-17.png
1 MB, 2480x1125
Who should play Vivian James? My vote goes to Bryce Dallas Howard.
>>
File: Fuck yeah, Cossacks.png (683 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yeah, Cossacks.png
683 KB, 1024x768
>>62817317
Because video games are fun!
>>
File: 1279912858073.jpg (69 KB, 471x500) Image search: [Google]
1279912858073.jpg
69 KB, 471x500
>>62815804
If you really didn't want it to make money, you'd stop shilling it here you gay asshole.
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 1500x996
Gamergate went a little overboard but they were right. She just false flagged /v/ and is getting donations higher than most of our paychecks monthly from SJWs just for being "harassed". It's ok if you're not supporting GamerGate but don't defend the SJWs.
>>
File: anita.jpg (467 KB, 720x1512) Image search: [Google]
anita.jpg
467 KB, 720x1512
>>62817224
>cyberbullying
>real

Oh fuck off, I've gotten death threats for insulting people's waifus.
>>
>>62817356
Maybe it's just me but as soon as I turned 19 they started becoming progressively less fun. Not sure if me or the quality of games are to blame .
>>
>>62817341
nobody cares about anything. that other anon somewhere up the thread was right that it's all about one-upmanship outrage. Remember when that dentist shot a lion? Me neither. Although to be fair, no one said people were sending him death threats just because he's a man.
>>
The entire movie will show the internet doing everything wrong, and SJW's doing nothing wrong.

It'd be such a waste of time.
>>
>>62817353
>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1447724233741.jpg (417 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447724233741.jpg
417 KB, 2000x1000
>>62817291
>Brianna
>woman

Kek
>>
>>62817353
Do you remember when 99% of comics on the internet weren't remotely related to politics of any kind? I once looked up a walkthrough for a twelve year old game and it had a link to a comic the writer made on the end. I was deeply moved when I read it purely because of how simple it was. It was a handful of characters and little Calvin & Hobbes type scenarios. Now it's all dank memes and strawmanning.
>>
>>62817348
not only that, but the entire group was all women.
>>
>>62817368
Other way around, idiot.

It's okay if you hate SJWs but don't support fucking #gg.

All hash movements are cancer.
>>
>>62817368
Who the fuck has dark grey eyes? How can one man be so cool looking
>>
>>62817088
>implying the average person want to play a click and drag game about transracial demi-quadriplegic horse trying to marry his dog-bicycle pansexual boyfriend
>>
>>62817224
>muh words hurt so much!
>>
File: aed.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
aed.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>62817365
OP here, hahaha yeah right because some Anon is rushing out to reserve tickets for this shit because I made them aware of it
>>
>>62817427
Lol fag.
>>
File: 2fjLE7mO_400x400.png (232 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2fjLE7mO_400x400.png
232 KB, 400x400
So what happened to this stupid faggot?
>>
>>62817453
rode off into the sunset with his thai ladyboy
>>
Friendly reminder to those that don't know what's going on:

Literal legbeards from tumblr/leddit are here and have been here for ages since they still think 4chan is gamergate headquarters for some reason. They will viciously shitpost in any thread with generic comments like

>go back to le 8gag goofy goobers
>Umm, you're like, manchildren...you know?
>lol nobody cares about your misogynist hate group

And so forth. Basically, people who play games are the only people who consume media at this point with testicles and who don't just let kykes/hipsters/feminists shove garbage down their throats and get away with it. They told the shithole media to fuck off and they didn't like it, so we've had over a year of smear campaigns by asspained journalists who don't like their shitty agenda questioned. ZQ is a dumb useless professional victim who cares deeply about depressed people unless she's throwing them under the bus to promote her choose-your-own-adventure text game, and she's only relevant to this shit because she and her journalist pals keep bringing her up over and over again because a crying woman is a great shield to hide behind. Is this whole thing stupid and unworthy of a film? God yes.
>>
>>62817426
GG was good to begin with then became oversaturated with retards.

The general idea is not to support SJWs, but there was a time when GG wasn't full-retard.
>>
>>62817452
Enjoy your warning there fagtron? Stay classy.
>>
File: 1360652520152.gif (3 MB, 485x300) Image search: [Google]
1360652520152.gif
3 MB, 485x300
>>62817438
They wouldn't even hear about it if you didn't shill for it.

>actually thinks the rest of us are stupid enough not to know that any publicity is good publicity
>>
>>62817385
I know that feel. It's much, much harder for me to get impressed but I can still really enjoy video games. It's like with movies, I hate many more movies than I used to but I also think that I enjoy them more overall. Most video games always have been shit and that's more true now than ever but there's still fun to be had. Hotline Miami 2 was loads of fun and Fallout 4 is actually really engrossing provided that you ignore Bethesda's disgusting writing and treatment of the lore and think of it as a spinoff.
>>
File: Brianna Wuu.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Brianna Wuu.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
I love how the SJW's that constantly whinge about GamerGate are INVARIABLY fucking hideous rat-faced trolls and goblins.

Every collective has ugly people, but fuck, I never thought an entire group could be SO exclusively fucking hideous.
It was fucking invariant. There wasn't a single normal-looking human among them that didn't look like a burn-victim, tranny or a flesh-boulder.
>>
>>62817476
It was never good, don't delude yourself just because you believed the hype l. Twitter movements are cancer by design.
>>
>>62817381
wow... i never cease to be amazed how little scruples these people have.
>>
>>62817423

Holy shit, really? Where were the articles calling them "misogynists"?
>>
>>62817453
disappeared for a couple months and came back with a new name.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfYbb7nga6-icsFWWgS-kWw
>>
>>62817381
Entirely possible that Anita saw it on her phone (which gives you a ding whenever someone tweets at you, hence seeing it only a few seconds later) and got on a PC where she wasn't logged in to screencap it.

There, I've run rings around your logic.
>>
>>62817504
I was in thread #1, I know what it was about at first.

It WAS about corruption. Then the snowball rolled down the hill and gathered mud.
>>
>>62817453
He realized GG was a retarded waste of time, and told everyone to fuck off.

https://youtu.be/lfhseUDFI04
>>
>>62817385
I agree. Everyone uses the same engine. Shooters. You are unable to own the game you purchased.

You as a gamer are not allowed to own the game you have purchased!! This should be what you are fighting about!!! Your basic rights as a consumer.
>>
File: Exito-meme.jpg (30 KB, 550x313) Image search: [Google]
Exito-meme.jpg
30 KB, 550x313
>>62817438
First off, shameful display

Second off, I'll buy tickets in the bulk

Third off, check these digits
>>
File: 1447632211763.jpg (657 KB, 1000x2876) Image search: [Google]
1447632211763.jpg
657 KB, 1000x2876
>>62817493
All white women are disgusting trolls, doesn't matter what they believe.
>>
File: meanwhile.png (525 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile.png
525 KB, 560x500
>>62817523
>It WAS about corruption.

Okay, buddy.
>>
>>62817511
I know Mark Waid lost his shit at them and spent hours on Twitter bitching about it. Does that count?
>>
>>62817511
Self-hating women. It's a sad thing.
>>
>t-there is no conspiracy to socially engineer the populations of the west involving big players in the media, hollywood and the rest of the establishment
>i p-promise
:)
>>
>>62817543
I'm not your buddy, pal

nice meme btw
>>
>>62817523
Actually it was about a vengeful boyfriend.
>>
>>62817543
You could try to prove him wrong anon.
>>
>>62817504
>>62817523
what is it about GG now that's so bad?
>>
>>62817543

So what was it about, then? Muhsorgeny, just like MSNBC said?
>>
>>62817559
It's clearly this. This catalog spot could be displaying some superior bbc or le just man, but instead it's wasted on GG sluts movie having a .01% chance of happening.
>>
So the movie will be Scarjo with newly-colored hair in every scene and retarded tattoos all over her arms sitting at a computer screen purposefully looking for comments about herself in between checking on the amount of money she's getting from Patreon for doing nothing? Maybe she'll pause long enough to fuck a few guys, and then head off to take a picture of herself looking sad. I guess they could re-enact the time someone tried to hurt Zoe in real life, except that never happened. What an epic film, worthy of Best Picture.
>>
>>62817564
Because it invites off-topic shit flinging on other boards. Like this thread very thread.
>>
>Chloe Moretz plays the little mermaid
>Scarjo plays Grimace

Fuck this faggot planet
>>
>>62817511
Yeah they're called the Honey Badger Brigade.
After they got kicked out, the con still harassed them. They decided to hold their own little show or whatever in a local park and that Con called the cops on them. Good news is they're suing the con over this.
>>
File: 1411701074854.gif (65 KB, 633x2500) Image search: [Google]
1411701074854.gif
65 KB, 633x2500
>>62817564
It was literally cancer and yet another reddit movement that channers where gullible enough to follow lockstep behind and shit up all the boards.
>>
>>62817478
Test
>>
>>62817564
Oh I hate Gamergate, more than you and me,
Gamergate stole my goldfish and unplugged my TV!
>>
>>62817621
shut the fuck up you stupid kike

god, it's like the journalists are in this thread right now
>>
>>62817621
Piss and shit.
Real edgy, faggot niggercunt.
>>
>>62816423
So hot.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.