[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This seems to be his most divisive work on /tv/. People seem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 304x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 304x300
This seems to be his most divisive work on /tv/. People seem to either love it or hate it. What do you think of it?
>>
I'm too pleb to get it desu
>>
>>62814940
it is superb desu
>>
File: Lost highway Mr Eddy and Renee.jpg (80 KB, 1024x429) Image search: [Google]
Lost highway Mr Eddy and Renee.jpg
80 KB, 1024x429
>>62814940
I loved it. Dick Laurent was a perfect patsy.
>>
>>62814940
Its the only Lynch I havent finished. I fucking hate Patricia Arquette
>>
inland empire would be his most divisive if every response to it on here wasn't DUDE WHAT DID I JUST WATCH LMAO
>>
>>62815472
Inland empire is a fucking masterpiece
>>
A lot of style but not as smart as Mulholland drive. It was like he was practicing for it.
>>
>>62814940
I loved it the first time I watched it, but with each repeat view I like it less & less
>>
As a big Lynch fan I didn't like this at all. It just fucking drags on and on. How the fuck did and does Patricia Arquette get work when she's so fucking awful?

Soundtrack is great though.
>>
I don't think it's divisive.
Regular people like it, Lynchbabies love it, "Film Buffs" who only watch Crime Thrillers and Star Wars haven't seen it.
>>
>>62814940
goat lynch hands down
>>
Its decent. Not my favorite of his films. I love the beginning of it but once it goes to the Balthazar Getty part I lose interest. I'm not a big fan of the casting. Bill Pullman, and Robert Lozia were good but Patricia Arquette and Balthazar Getty were awful in my opinion
>>
>>62815472
This. I fucking love Lost Highway, closest to a traditional horror movie Lynch will do and has a great atmosphere.

Don't care too much for Balthazar Getty though.

Is Inland Empire good? Heard how it was made and didn't like the concept of a freeform movie from Lynch
>>
>>62816046
>Is Inland Empire good?

Yeah it's great. I personally loved how he used the digital cameras. It gives it a whole new layer of strangeness. It's very layered and convoluted
>>
>>62816097
I'll give it a go then, thanks familia
>>
>>62816046
Lynch admitted that he made the plot and script up while they were filming and that kind of was the point. Its his least straightforward and narrative film. Definitely worth at least one watch for the cinematography and performances.
>>
>>62815700
>How does Patricia Arquette get work when she's so fucking awful?
This is my problem with the movie. Most of the cast is made up of hipster actors that "get" Lynch. I feel like Bill Pullman and Patricia are thinking "DUDE IM SO LYNCHIAN RIGHT NOW" in every scene. Watch some interviews with them talking about Lynch and youll see what I mean.
>>
I thought it was pretty meh.

I dont like the way it looks though, the horribly tacky 90's camera bloom just makes me want to vomit, cinematography was pretty lackluster.

I dont think the "weirdness" Lynch is known for is really that weird, it's effect is mostly just eerie or slightly off putting at most.
Same thing with Twin Peaks. I just didnt get it, maybe it's because I dont obsess over the female cast that Twin Peaks threads mainly seem to be about.

I just think Lynch loves to toss red threads all over the place, but he never seems to tie it all together in the end.

maybe I'm just to pleb.
>>
Only movie I've ever seen that had 'Bizarre violence' listed by its MPAA rating
>>
>>62816622

Yeah you're totally right. I watched a documentary about the making of Lost Highway and most of the actors seemed to be doing this shit especially Patricia.
>>
>>62816046
I absolutely hated it.
I did not find any fucking congruence or plot clarity.
Constantly lost and clueless.

Then I watched it again, and began building up a plot. As the movie unfolded, pieces began to fit in here and there, then some things made more sense than others.
I ended up creating my own plot and story from it, which allowed me to see the movie in a whole new light, which is what I think Lynch intended. The meaning of the rabbits, the true identity of Laura Dern's character, the very beginning scene and the end scene, how they connect, how everything connects. It's all a very rewarding experience, but don't expect clarity from it.
>>
Good film co-opted by plebeians.
>>
>>62814940
I like it. Also listening to Slavoj Zizek talk about it made it much more interesting to think about. I did get vague feelings of the actors being a bit too into it like >>62816622 says though. Blue Velvet will probably always be my favourite Lynch movie because the performances are so great. Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet is one of my favourite characters from anything. "YOU'RE DEAD, FUCK!"
>>
Everybody loves Lost Highway, though.

It's obviously his best film.
>>
>>62815637

Except that MD was a watered down, Oscar bait version of LH.
>>
Mulholland Drive should've been Lost Highway pt.II, since it's virtually the same movie.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.