[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? I thought Fassbenders penis was magnificent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: shame-movie-poster-new.jpg (504 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
shame-movie-poster-new.jpg
504 KB, 1125x1500
Thoughts?

I thought Fassbenders penis was magnificent
>>
One of my favorite films

Havent checked out mcqueens other films unfortunately

I heard hunger was good tho
>>
I thought it was incredible. And uhhhh Carey Mulligan HNGNGNGNHNHNGNGNHNGNHNH
>>
>>62812063
Hunger is good, but I'd say it's his weakest. 12 years is fantastic, even though it's an Oscar bait movie it's worth watching
>>
so was it incest?

also I didn't like the ending that much. I thought it would me much more of an emotional punch if she actually died
>>
>>62812180

This, though I'd say Shame is his weakest. Felt the least focused/coherent to me. But then, I'm more familiar with Northern Irish history than sex addiction, so that may be the reason.

12 Years showed me something about McQueen that I hadn't picked up on in his prior work: he has a really astute eye for beauty (in a Malick-like sense) as well as for human cruelty. The way he captured the natural world in the backdrop of 12 Years really worked well juxtaposed with Fassbender's terrifyingly cruel nature.

For some reason that scene with Solomon swinging from the tree, in the shade on a bright sunny day, as the other slaves slowly return to their tasks was really striking to me. It wasn't shocking or in-your-face, but the effect of the length of that shot really started to disturb me. Sort of a minimalist approach, I guess?

I don't really know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>62812143

top tier qt
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 703x803) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 703x803
Carey Mulligans hairy cunt looks like heaven. Fassbender was a kek for allowing his boss to fuck his sister in his own house. Fassbender is beautiful. I didn't see the whole suicide/depression thing coming. Is that poor observation from me or the same for everyone?
>>
File: 7KIMGyNQ_400x400.jpg (8 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
7KIMGyNQ_400x400.jpg
8 KB, 240x240
ding ding
>>
no homo
>>
man fuck white people
>>
a better film made by a better director and actor
>>
>>62812682

jesus what a horrible poster
liked the movie tho
>>
>>62812300
Nice twist with the subway scene though
>>
>>62812534

suicide was clearly hinted, she is standing dangerously close to the subway rails earlier in the movie and Fassbenders boss notices her cutting scars
>>
>>62811997
I too, thought it was inoubliable.
>>
>>62812855
What twist?
>>
File: Jotheph.png (230 KB, 353x645) Image search: [Google]
Jotheph.png
230 KB, 353x645
>>62812682
DROPPED
>>
>>62812935
Ah, I probably didn't pay enough attention then. Will give it another watch soon
>>
>>62812985
Yeah you clearly didn't because it's made abundantly clear that both of them were damaged people
>>
File: 1352363064078.jpg (246 KB, 890x497) Image search: [Google]
1352363064078.jpg
246 KB, 890x497
>>62811997
>he didn't force himself on his sister
>>
File: Dat Ass.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dat Ass.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
dat girl in the subway though
>>
>>62811997

It's absolutely terrible

Steve McQueen is one of the most insidious directors currently out there. Hunger is pretty solid but for some reason he keeps convincing people of his talents merely by virtue of his aesthetic rigor, a talent that might work in his visual art projections (his first foray into art) but makes for shit movies with a dearth of ideas. Shame is just outrageously bombastic nonsense that becomes laughable as it devolves further and further into its own emptiness. 12 Years A Slave is perhaps more offensive because of the atrocity exhibition it parades in front of the audience, closing off any consideration of a thoughtful, deeply considered film by aligning the audience with every tortured image in it without even needing to think about what they're seeing.

tl;dr Shame is terrible and McQueen is an insufferable fraud
>>
It's a masterpiece. I've watched it 4 times now.

>girl in subway at start has ring but Fass doesn't notice it
>after Mulligan fucks his boss he excoriates her for not noticing he had a ring, doesn't believe her
>final scene on subway he notices that the woman has a ring this time

proper use of visuals to develope character. it's amazing how little you see of it these days
>>
>>62811997
Haven't seen it yet, looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1424718078241.png (146 KB, 276x306) Image search: [Google]
1424718078241.png
146 KB, 276x306
>>62812063

the conversation between fassbender and the priest in hunger must be one of my fav scenes in movies from the past 10 years
>>
>>62813104

I think you're being overly harsh, but I agree mostly.

We all know McQueen used his turner to move directly into film making and for nothing else.

In his films, although they are beautiful, he basically stretches the a single idea that would be suitable for a single piece of visual art into a 90+ minute romp on screen which leaves his films as one trick affairs. That's fine if you like the trick, but if not he gets old fast.
>>
>>62812939

you were led to believe she jumped in front of the subway train when actually she slit her wrists
>>
File: Carey-Mulligan-Shame.jpg (35 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
Carey-Mulligan-Shame.jpg
35 KB, 550x367
would you?
>>
>>62811997
is that really his dick or is it a prop?
>>
>>62813803
It's real baby. And Charlize sums it up quite well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6aFRDAcqU8
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.