[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No bullshit, no needless crap, just pure action Why aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: dredd.jpg (180 KB, 840x1200) Image search: [Google]
dredd.jpg
180 KB, 840x1200
>No bullshit, no needless crap, just pure action

Why aren't there more movies like this?
>>
>>62810521

Because it flopped.
>>
>>62810531
That was the marketings team fault, tb.h
It did great on DVD when people actually heard about it
>>
>>62810521
there are, but don't expect the media machine of hollywood to throw them into your face. you'll actually have to do some looking.
>>
>>62810521
>Movie has all action and no plot
>WTF THIS MOVIE HAD POOR WRITING AND I COULDN'T CONNECT TO THE CHARACTERS

>Movie has some action, some plot
>WTF JUST GET ON WITH THE ACTION!!!
>>
>CGI blood splatter
Back to /v/ you go, hot pocket man.
>>
>>62810582
Mad Max was full of meme action and it was one of the most heavily shilled hollywood shitfests in some time.
>>
>>62810685
It's like an entirely different language at this point
>>
>>62810521
Because its no fun if there arent any memes in it.
>>
Dredd was surprisingly good.
>>
its a flick
>>
File: 1441990963984.jpg (25 KB, 1223x1240) Image search: [Google]
1441990963984.jpg
25 KB, 1223x1240
>>62810521
>Tfw i saw it in theaters but i skipped out on shilling a few extra dollars to see it in 3D
>>
I would burn all capeshit to the ground for a Dredd trilogy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-iZgkkGuME
>>
>>62812321
>I hate capeshit A but love capeshit B
If I was in charge I'd put a bullet in the head of every writer, director, actor who has ever participated in a comic adaptation. I'd also kill every single person who enjoys comic book movies.

The only way to save cinema.
>>
>>62810685
It made bad money though
>>
Please, this movie has so much unnecessary bullshit.

Like all those "look this is in 3D!"-scenes with the slomo-drug. So pathetic
>>
>>62812785

I don't recall that part.
>>
>>62812385
Nevermind:
>tween horror romance in the apocalyptic future
>sandler tier comedy schlock
>haunted possession spooky house ghost 55
>reboot 2: cash grab boogaloo
>household name movie franchise being beat to death boogaloo 2: the awakening

SALVATION BY TERMINATION OF THESE PLEB ENTRIES INTO MY PERFECT ART FORM
>>
>>62810521
Because high-octane thrillers don't attract general audiences. Nowadays, you have to include female viewers, hence why there's even more romantic elements in action films nowadays than they're used to be.
>>
>>62812901
Are you joking, what about all the romantic bullshit in movies like Top Gun.
>>
>>62813101
>Top Gun
>action film
LOL, it was homoerotic mind games between Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise (the volleyball game anyone?) set in Reagan-era Cold War gung-ho.
>>
>>62810521
the visuals in this movie and the action were quite impressive.
>>
>>62812894
I'd destroy all "entertainment" cinema but Capeshit is the highest priority threat at the moment.
>>
this movie was bretty good. i ignored it for a while then decided to watch it and i didnt regret it.
>>
OP, have you seen The Raid yet?
>>
>>62813305
>LE TOP KEKE REDDIT MAYMAY THE MOVIE
Fuck off with that faggot shit. Literally reddit maymay the movie. This is a thread about Dredd. I'd beat any person to death who likes that ching chong rip off with my bare hands. I'll break your fucking face you stupid redditor cunt.
>>
>>62810521
Dredd was absolutely gorgeous. It was unapologetic to the audience for what it was, and never tried to shy away from its source material yet set out to make its own story.
>>
>>62813340
Nice bait, cunt.
>>
>>62813305
its a good movie both 1 and 2.

this guys is just a faggot.>>62813340
>>
>>62812321
>The movie that isn't afraid of the source material
>No one goes to see it
>>
>>62810521
This movie was so under rated. it was glorious this movie.
>>
>>62813373
Theres a certain rawness to The Raid 1/2 that really works, and the same can be said for Dredd.
>>
>Muh Raid
>Muh Dredd

ok flicks but seriously overrated. Probably the most overrated recent action movies of all time.
>>
>>62814240
>recent
>Of All time
>>
>>62814240
They were until Mad Max Fury Road came out.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.