[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the whitest movie about Ancient Egypt yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: aids.jpg (220 KB, 800x1233) Image search: [Google]
aids.jpg
220 KB, 800x1233
>And here it is, the first trailer for upcoming fantasy epic Gods of Egypt, and wow is it white as hell. Directed by I, Robot director Alex Proyas, the film loosely follows the mythic conflict between Set and Horus, two gods vying for the throne of Egypt. Starring Games of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and P.S. I Love You's Gerard Butler, the film promises to be an orgy of terrible acting and awful CGI.
>But did I mention that this movie is exceedingly white? Because it is. For a movie taking place in Egypt, whose ancient people were, scholars agree, by no means close to our modern idea of whiteness, you'd be forgiven for thinking this took place somewhere on the playa during Burning Man. To quote our own Casey Newton, "There are episodes of The Brady Bunch that aren’t this white." That fact manages to be both hilarious and infuriating. I thought we learned this lesson from Exodus: Gods and Kings.
>And the worst part? Why is the one black man in this trailer literally cowering? This movie's principal cast is largely white and the one dude they save for the trailer looks like he pissed himself? How is this acceptable?
http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/17/9750270/gods-of-egypt-trailer-white-hollywood-nikolaj-coster-waldau-gerard-butler

WE WUZ KINGS N SHIT
>>
>>62809456
>"Directed by I, Robot director Alex Proyas..."
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: profile.jpg (13 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
profile.jpg
13 KB, 215x215
>>62809456
>Kwame Opam
>>
>>62809456

>Making a thread about a film destined to be shit being shit

It's called a studio blacklist, you should have one.
>>
>>62810329
People thought Jurassic World was going to be shit and look what happened.
>>
>>62809456
>the film promises to be an orgy of terrible acting and awful CGI.

Then why do you even care?
>>
>P.S. I Love You's Gerard Butler

Seriously? You don't know him from any other movie?
Tells you the intended audience.
>>
File: nigger.jpg (417 KB, 726x649) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
417 KB, 726x649
>Why is the one black man in this trailer literally cowering?

What are they trying to imply?
>>
> whose ancient people were, scholars agree, by no means close to our modern idea of whiteness

They were no means close to blackness either.

Ahistorical people ought to be executed. They don't even WANT to comprehend the truth.
>>
>>62810540

Why are you like this? This is not a good kind of person to be.
>>
File: Oh ffs.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Oh ffs.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>62809456
>Terrible acting and awful CGI
Bet neither the acting or the CGI would be a problem if niggers replaced Nikolaj or Gerard.

Give me a fucking break. Talk to me when Heimdal is White.
>>
this is gonna bomb so bad, the cgi is 3/10 and the acting the same
>>
>>62810660
You mean space alien Marvel Heimdal? Why does he have to be white?
>>
>>62810766
what's the point of playing dumb anon? you ain't fooling anyone
>>
>>62810629
Why are you like this? Tumblr is not a good kind of person to be.
>>
>>62810766
Because the comic book character was.
>>
>>62810891
And?
>>
>>62809456
>implying egyptians are white

>w-who cares they weren't black! so ha!
>>
>>62810917
I'm mad that they don't stay true to the comic. Nick Fury should've stayed white too.
>>
>>62810943
But Fury is black in the comics
>>
File: Egyptian_races.jpg (81 KB, 435x331) Image search: [Google]
Egyptian_races.jpg
81 KB, 435x331
>>62810941
Truth of the matter is, egyptians were sand niggers, brown.

Pics related, Libyans/Nubians/Syrians/Egyptians (left to right)
>>
>>62810975
>Ultimate version
>>
Getting butthurt over a movie is still less lame than making a big deal out of some literal whos getting butthurt over a movie.
>>
>>62811009
Nubians were slaves though.
>>
>>62809456
Yeah, just like tumblrites started shit when Rami Malek was playing a pharaoh. Too white for an egyptian they said
>>
>>62810418
It was?
>>
File: asgardenriched.jpg (42 KB, 608x229) Image search: [Google]
asgardenriched.jpg
42 KB, 608x229
>>62809456
I thought it didn't matter when you change a character's race? After all you'd have to be some sort of manbaby to cry about a fictional character getting his race changed right?
>>
>>62809456
>This is the whitest movie about Ancient Egypt yet
DO YOU FUCKING REMEMBER EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS
>>
>>62809456
>Gender and race swapping all the time in movies that it shouldn't happen
>The one movie where there shouldn't be white people and it's nothing but white people
>>
>>62809456
>Directed by I, Robot director
You should know it's shit by that fact alone.
>>
>>62809456
>casts the only black guy as the god of knowledge
>will literally be a magical negro imparting wisdom and advice to others

And people say hollywood is PC
>>
>>62809456
>scholars agree
so we're calling liberal arts majors scholars now?
>>
>>62810162
Underrated post. First thing I thought when I read through this
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.