[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wurst case scenario for this flick ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: IMG-20151105-WA0000.jpg (527 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151105-WA0000.jpg
527 KB, 1600x1600
Wurst case scenario for this flick ?
>>
>>62807577
It's mediocre. Not good, not bad, just forgettable
>>
>>62807577

People make a single thread to discuss it.
>>
It succeeds financially and they contract JJ to do 5 more
>>
>>62807577
>Wurst case scenario
You mean like the movie is a box of hot dogs?
>>
>>62807577
Worst case scenario:

ISIS bombs your theater and you die watching something like the plane scene.
>>
Jar Jar Binks being revealed as Darth Snoke
>>
>>62807609
Arbys: we have the meats
>>
File: vader.jpg (52 KB, 383x263) Image search: [Google]
vader.jpg
52 KB, 383x263
>>62807607
>>
>>62807607
Too late, they've already commissioned at least 5 more and JJ is coming back for none of them.
>>
Financially, worst case scenario is it takes the third highest grossing movie ever. Best, it beats out Avatar as the highest grossing movie ever.

You can't really predict the critical consenus, apart from the handful of trailers we've gotten, it at least looks good.
>>
>>62807577
No one brings Bavarian beer because German sausage is shit without any German beer to wash it down.
>>
>>62807647
>JJ is coming back for none of them.
mediocrity confirmed!
>>
File: hackery.jpg (845 KB, 4217x593) Image search: [Google]
hackery.jpg
845 KB, 4217x593
The worst has already happened
rogue one and episode 8 are the only chance this franchise has now
>>
worst case scenario is 1 billion and you know it.
>>
File: gone_with_the_wind_poster[1].jpg (223 KB, 700x660) Image search: [Google]
gone_with_the_wind_poster[1].jpg
223 KB, 700x660
>>62807652
>Avatar as the highest grossing movie ever.

love this meme!

it's unlikely that it will even surpass Titanic, let alone the original Star Wars or Avatar
>>
>>62807710
The "new death star" is what kills it for me.

I know it's a "star killer" that blows up suns to wipe out entire star systems now, but still it's been done to death.

It shows that they're just plain out of original new ideas.
>>
>>62807810
honestly I don't think JJ is out of ideas, but he looks extremely lenient towards executives who want to play it safe, and probably agrees with them
>>
>>62807665
That's how I feel. I guess they're going for an MCU type thing where different directors will be given a story bible to tell an overarching story over the course of multiple films. But you KNOW the continuity is going to suffer from having a shit ton of the cheapest directors they can find, since they have a movie a year planned for the rest of eternity.

Of the directors they've announced for the franchise aside from JJ, the only one I even recognize is the guy that directed Looper. I think he's doing either Episode VIII or that spinoff movie that comes out next year.
>>
>>62807810
it's not just a boring idea, it also makes the villains into morons.

literally what is the advantage of blowing up a star and destroying a whole system, over taking out one planet at a time. there is none at all.

a normal Death Star with a longer effective range would be more useful in literally every way imaginable.
>>
File: 1372994510896.png (167 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
1372994510896.png
167 KB, 299x299
>>62807577
>flick
>>
Anyone else hoping for some mass shooting or terrorist attacks the day it opens up?
>>
>>62807933
my point was that if they didn't throw money at JJ to get him back for subsequent films, it strongly suggests they weren't blown away by what he produced.
>>
>>62807738
I thing it has a big chance to be the highest grossing movie of all time (unadjusted to inflation of course) since the tickets now are fucking 100 dollars and also 3d
>>
>>62807980
Shit, you're probably right about that.

There's evidence to suggest that Rian Johnson will be directing both Episodes VIII and IX. (Confirmed for VIII, apparently wrote a treatment for IX.) JJ must have been so bad they replaced him for the rest of the trilogy.
>>
>>62807577
>Wurst case scenario for this flick ?

the phantom menace
>>
>>62807710
thats not a trench, ITS A FUCKING WALL

look closer
>>
>>62807609
HAHAHA HAVE AN UPVOTE
>>
>>62808035
>tickets are $100
those are tout prices, though, Disney isn't seeing that money, though

movies make top dorrar with massive repeat business - and not just from nerds. TFA will only make Avatar money if it's honestly a wonderful cinema experience (which Avatar was, fuck you).

if it's mediocre and tired, it likely has a cap at around $1.8 billion regardless of the release hype.

it IS positioned to make #1 movie of all time money if it is genuinely great, but it probably doesn't have the ingredients to be at this point.
>>
>meme actor of the mont, Oscar Issac, not even on the poster

/tv/ btfo
>>
>>62808155
You're underestimating just how big Star Wars has gotten, plus the huge amount of marketing they've put out for it. Fucking everyone is going to watch it.
>>
>>62807577
princess leia nude scene
>>
Jennifer lawrence and bob deniro are in it
>>
>Wurst case scenario

Certain scenes display a rare combination of sound and colors that cause 75% of the audience to enter a fatal epileptic seizure and the other 25% to lose control of their bowels.
>>
>>62808114
So what you're saying is, it's an inside-out trench...
>>
>>62807940
A completed Deathstar with bendy exhaust ports would be best.
>>
>>62808206
you could be right, for america. but I'm not and no one I know is that engaged. a couple of people at work are fans and will see it.

you're underrating the importance of word of mouth. the presale tickets represent the huge built-in audience, but if the movie isn't that great we will know about it almost immediately and most of the hype will be negated. the hype has basically already reached it's maximum impact.

plus you're underrating the value of actual new ideas. Disney and literally every Star Wars fans is convinced that putting basically the same stuff in a movie will = the same result. that doesn't even really work for capeshit. I fucking still believe in Art goddammit and you will not dissuade me you zealot! ;)
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.