[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the closest we will ever get to see a miyazaki live-action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 47ronin.gif (970 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
47ronin.gif
970 KB, 500x280
is this the closest we will ever get to see a miyazaki live-action movie?
>>
File: witchfu.gif (622 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
witchfu.gif
622 KB, 500x240
also this
>>
File: witchfu2.gif (960 KB, 400x191) Image search: [Google]
witchfu2.gif
960 KB, 400x191
and this
>>
>>62806955
>>62807010
kuchikuchi
>>
File: witchfu3.gif (1 MB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
witchfu3.gif
1 MB, 500x293
>>
>>62806715
>>62806955
>>62807010
>>62807165

>gif

disgoosting
>>
>>62807165
>chinese
>blue eyes
>>
>>62807453
I will just assume you have some sort of retardation
>>
my favorite trilogy is a chinese ghost story
>>
>>62807453

Her character was a shape changing witch, anon.
>>
>>62807453
kill yourself
>>
Reminder that 47 Ronin is the biggest box office bomb of all time.
>>
>>62806715
i really disliked the movie.

>wooeden keanu
>all hurr durr forgettable
>>
LOL at the producers of this movie who thought people care about Japan anymore. It is all about China now.
>>
>>62808454
it's all about getting the Chinese to watch your film, not people caring about China.
>>
>>62808395
it was cringe horrible all along, but I couldn't help but enjoy it.

>>62808491
that argument doesn't make sense, japanese are still a very big market, not as many people as china, but more people (%) who can afford a movie ticket.
>>
>>62808395
SO MUCH FUCKING THIS. FUCK KEANU FUCK HIM.

This is uber autist shit on my part but god dam is he disrespectful! He takes the place of a Ronin in actual history who was given the chance to live, as he was young.

There is so much wrong with this movie, so much important themes which are intrinsic to the story!

>Each of the forty-six ronin killed himself in Genroku 16, on the 4th day of the 2nd month (元禄十六年二月四日?, Tuesday, March 20, 1703). This has caused a considerable amount of confusion ever since, with some people referring to the "forty-six ronin"; this refers to the group put to death by the Shogun, while the actual attack party numbered forty-seven. The forty-seventh ronin, identified as Terasaka Kichiemon, eventually returned from his mission and was pardoned by the Shogun (some say on account of his youth). He lived until the age of 87, dying around 1747, and was then buried with his comrades. The assailants who died by seppuku were subsequently interred on the grounds of Sengaku-ji, in front of the tomb of their master.

The well scene for a year is also a huge point of argument for actual historians, the Ronin took a year to take out their revenge, which degrades the validity of their revenge as they didn't attempt to take revenge straight away, which they should have, even though they would have most likely lost the exchange and died, it would have been MORE honourable.

Seriously, fuck this movie which turned an awesome event of human honour and sacrifice into some shitty fucking scholck fest.

/Autisim, tip me all you want.
>>
I liked the movie but I don't know why.
>>
>you saved the princess and the country from evil
>you win group suicide, congratulations!!1
japanese are so weird
>>
>>62806715
Movie was bad, that scene was fun
>>
>>62809780
what abou "the dutch island"?

since you're clearly a weebo, tell me, was such a thing possible?
>>
Any one else wonder what the original cut look like before the massive reshoots?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.