[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Universal is rebooting the classic monster movies yes >Alex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: creature3.jpg (1 MB, 2820x2200) Image search: [Google]
creature3.jpg
1 MB, 2820x2200
>Universal is rebooting the classic monster movies

yes

>Alex Kurtzman in charge

fuck
>>
>>62806149

>Creature won't get a reboot movie because he's not as easy to rework as the others

fuck. honestly, throw in some lovecraft origins and have them be an army of these things raiding towns and dragging women back under the sea to their underwater breeding camps
>>
>>62806218
That's racist anon. They're not ALL like that.
>>
>>62806149
>get to see Charlotte Johansson in tight swimsuit
Can't wait desu senpai
>>
File: bridepretorious.jpg (28 KB, 550x418) Image search: [Google]
bridepretorious.jpg
28 KB, 550x418
>>62806149
Theyre just going to be boring cash grabs that will try to imitate whatever is currently popular. Probably all gonna have action scenes for no reason. Sucks because I would watch the fuck out of a well done remake of the Bride of Frankenstein movie.
>>
>Kurtzman
>Orci
>Lindelof

How the fuck do these hacks keep getting high profile jobs despite being the weak link to every project they manage to fuck up in one way or another?
I mean, David S. Goyer I can understand, seeing how he revolutionized a genre with Blade and Batman Begins, but these three jokers should be penalized for their bullshit instead of rewarded.
>>
>>62806264

Wolfman pls go.
>>
Well Dracula Untold was fucking great so we are off to a good start.
Yeah the Bat Punch was cheesy and makes him a bit overpowered, but Luke Evans gave a fantastic performance.
We got Dance manipulating everyone, the original edit of the film had him playing Caligula in the final film his lair is just a simple cave, while there is shots in the trailer where it looks like the ruins of a Greek temple.
No idea why the fuck they changed that, the set for the ruin looked fucking badass.
>>
>>62806218
I would watch this.
>>
why the fuck don't they get people like Joe Dante & Fred Dekker on board
>>
>>62806380
>every project they manage to fuck up in one way or another?
The only way Goyer may have messed up in Man of Steel was the time skip between the destruction and the drone scene if that was in fact his doing.
The Tornado scene wasn't his fault, it was Snyder's for drawing it out and making it overly dramatic, it should have happened much quicker, Clark should have hesitated only for a second and its already too late, as it was filmed he was standing there for what seemed like forever.
>>
>>62806380
>nepotism and they still sell lots of tickets
>>
>>62806589
>still sell lots of tickets
Literally name me one project or movie where the draw were them and not the directors or the stars in it. But yeah, nepotism is too rampart in Hollywood. Didn't used to bother me, but I'm more than sick of it at this point.
>>
>>62806218
Doesn't need to be reworked, just have the exact same origin, and fuck no there should only be one Creature, and not army, that shit has been explored already, this is Creature from the black fucking lagoon, NOT fucking Humanoids from the deep.
If it was up to me for the remake iIwould drop him being attracted to human females all together, have him just be a predator protecting his territory, yes redo the swimming together scene but be more out of animistic curiosity at a creature he has never encountered before rather than sexual appeal to him.
>>
Really hoped we would get a sequel to the 2010 Wolf Man with Hugo Weaving dealing with being a werewolf and being a cop at the same time.
>>
>>62806768
That movie was a real anomaly.

I liked it and it was good, yet somehow forgettable at the same time.

It's the closest I think a film ever came to being a dream I've ever experienced.
>>
File: 119wjdw.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
119wjdw.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
> Kay (Julie Adams)
#1 - Haley Atwell
#2 - Kelly Brook
#3 - Deborah Ann Woll
#4 - Elizabeth Olsen
> David Reed
#1 Michael Fassbender
#2 Idris Elba
> Mark Williams
#1 - Aaron Eckhart
#2 - Woody Harrelson
> Carl or Dr Thompson (mabye merge the characters)
Donald Sutherland
> Lucas the boat captain
Ian Mcshane
> The Creature
#1 - Andy Serkis
#2 - Christopher Gordon (koba)

- Film is rated R
- Swimming scene is done again, but whatever actress is cast, must do it fully nude, skinny dipping.
- Drop the love triangle between Kay/David and Mark.
- Keep the same origin for the creature none of that toxic waste bullshit that was rumored some years ago.
- Drop the Creature falls in love with Kay angle, just have it be a predator protecting its territory.
- Use a suit and practical effects primarily, mabye touch up the face with cgi just a bit.
>>
>>62807346
>#1 - Haley Atwell
Sadist bitch has already said she will never do nude scenes just for the sex appeal.
>>
>>62807461
Regretfully dropped.

Shame really.
>>
>>62806149
They've tried it twice already with Wolfman and Dracula: Untold and failed both times. Their planned Mummy reboot has already been delayed until 2017.

I'm not hopeful.
>>
>>62807346
>le consider the following
Into the trash. Nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: 1395432265074.jpg (22 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1395432265074.jpg
22 KB, 265x265
>Everyone is trying to copy the MCU because it makes so much money
>>
>>62807823
>Wolfman and Dracula: Untold
Wolf man was good but forgettable, Untold was great.
>>62807867
Why?
>>
>>62806674

>If it was up to me

You mawfuckas would stop comin' up to me, with your hands out, lookin' up to me, like you want something free
>>
How would they get along?

Wouldn't they kill each other?
>>
>>62806218
Alan Moore why are you posting on /tv/?
>>
>The Wolfman 3/10
>Dracula Untold 2/10
>I, Frankenstein 3/10
In resume, all literal shit

Going nice, I see :^)
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.