[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the oldest film you've watched?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: frks.jpg (54 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
frks.jpg
54 KB, 680x478
What's the oldest film you've watched?
>>
that movie creeped me the fuck out
>>
>>62805263
The Matrix
>>
10,000 BC
>>
Probably Le Voyage dans la Lune, if that doesn't count then Birth of a Nation
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dgLEDdFddk

There. Now you can all say you watched a film from 1895.
>>
a trip to the moon
>>
Passage de Venus, 1874

Your move, fucking plebs.
>>
>>62805459
i'm glad trains don't play annoying piano music any more
>>
>>62805459
man when are movies gonna stop with this shakycam bullshit.

literal 1/10

lumiere brothers a shit
>>
This is going to sound like bait but I have never watched a movie from before the 80s
>>
>>62805491
I just watched it. What now?
>>
>>62805568

You are just on my level, but you didn't surpass me.

Work and beat your master.
>>
The star wars movie from the 70s.
>>
The character development is astounding. Solid script too.
>>
What about feature films? Everyone can watch some old shorts on YT.

Cabiria (1914) here.
>>
'Birth of a Nation' from 1915
>>
>>62805459
i felt for that sperg who almost tripped jumping off the carriage. recovered reasonably well
>>
Les Vampires, probably doesn't really count as a movie since it's closer to a serial, I'd say probably Nosferatu.
>>
Spectre
>>
>>62805563
you're a pleb and you should be ashamed
>>
A Trip to the Moon (1902), Metropolis (1927) and Abel Gance's Napoleon biopic (also 1927) are the oldest I've seen.
>>
>>62805459
OMG fantastic!!
>>
>>62805664
I'm more of a television than film guy.
>>
>>62805607
>Solid script

It's Lindelof-tier, pleb
>>
A Trip to the Moon and the Chaplin movies I guess (1921 onward). And some shorties from the era between and before.

http://www.charliechaplin.com/en/films
>>
Sallie Gardner at a Gallop
>>
>>62805664
pls refer to
>>62805688
>>
File: 1888 - Roundhay Garden Scene.webm (189 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
1888 - Roundhay Garden Scene.webm
189 KB, 384x288
>>
The Wizard of Oz
>>
>>62806018

Dat walk.
>>
Triumph of the Will
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.