[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some stand up comedians who's sets have remained
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: shoeslol.jpg (56 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
shoeslol.jpg
56 KB, 976x549
What are some stand up comedians who's sets have remained consistently good?
>>
https://youtu.be/4n_FJ5RAlnc
>>
>>62804148
Literally reddit the comedian
>>
>>62804073
pls no
>>
>>62804073
mmmmmgreat
>>
>>62804167

How so, I wonder?
>>
>>62804272
Oh I'm just using buzzwords to fit in
>>
>>62804148

I've seen Tony Clifton before too!
>>
>>62804073
Personally I hate stand up comedy, I just can't stand it, it makes me feel awkward and my eyes start to get teary, even when the audience is laughing you know it's all fake laughs, stand up comedy is not funny and people should just stop, please.
>>
>>62804390
you should go to an amateur improv show if you want to see awkward

my college did a "whose line is it anyway" show with the drama club.
A lot of dudes yelling "MY PEEEEENIS" over and over and generally not knowing how the games work.
>>
>>62804167
Hey come on, he has cancer.
>>
>>62804295
>I've seen Tony Clifton before too!

That's cute, anon. You know, Kaufman didnt originate that archetype either.
>>
File: 1362345703346.jpg (14 KB, 280x275) Image search: [Google]
1362345703346.jpg
14 KB, 280x275
>>62804433
>if you want to see awkward
But I don't, I want to avoid it, it hurts I can't stand awkwardness.
>>
>>62804548
I find awkwardness hilarious, reason I love the Office UK version.
>>
>>62804073
Who is this fluid druid?
>>
>>62804610

One of Britain's top new comedians, I forget her name?
>>
No such thing. There are a few consistent ones but it almost invariably ends becoming a weak imitation of itself
>>
>>62804073

Seriously, though, what IS up with shoes? I literally can't even ...
>>
vocaroo.com/i/s0UClPPrbyBi

;)
>>
>>62804073

Bill Burr

Seen his specials, dying for another.
>>
DUDE SHOES LMAO
>>
>>62805137
LMAO
>>
Louis C.K.
Bill Burr
Bill Hicks
Maria Bamford
Patton Oswalt
Mitch Hedberg
>>
>>62804073
Hannibal Buress
>>
>>62804073
https://youtu.be/xBAZFJnpcV4
yours and this one. i dont really enjoy anyone else's comedy
>>
>>62806541
>Bill Hicks
>Maria Bamford
>Mitch Hedberg

get the fuck outta here
>>
>>62806541
All of those comics sucks besides Bill Burr who is GOAT.
>>
Maria Bamford
Gregg Turkington/Neil Hamburger
Chris Rock
Bill Burr (he's more whipped lately but his glorious philly rant is excellent)
Mike Macdonald if you're a canuck
>>
>>62804073
NORM
>>
>stand up comedy
>same fucking jokes about the same shit over and over again

lowest form of humor
>>
>>62806672
>>62806706

Burr is undisputed GOAT but don't hate on fucking Mitch Hedberg man. He has a style no one can emulate.

Also, Patrice O'Neal.
>>
>>62806672
>he doesn't like bill hicks
>he's a contrarian
elige dos
>>
John Mulaney
Dara Ó Briain
Stewart Lee
Mike Birbiglia
>>
Sam Hyde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9qTl2y-aes
>>
>>62806706
>>62806672
Bamford is great, her CDs more so than her acting and Netflix special. It's a weird style that I didn't care too much for my first time hearing it.

Also, Norm MacDonald
>>
>>62806826
Stewart Lee is GOAT brit comedy, genius
>>
File: 23.png (82 KB, 284x211) Image search: [Google]
23.png
82 KB, 284x211
>>62804073
She is terrified.
>>
>>62804073
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkSMSbFV_q0
>>
>>62804073
none. stand up comedy is fucking trash
>>
STEWART LEE
Dylan Moran
>>62807575

stand up comedy is whatever joke you can write.
>>
She really makes you think
>>
>>62807825
or for Stewart Lee, it's whatever abstract setup you can use to make a joke out of people's expectation that you would tell a different joke, or their reaction to you not making a joke, or ranting about something unrelated. how does he fucking do it.
>>
Doug Stanhope
>>
>>62807825
>>>/int/
>>
>>62806631
He's good, but the more famous he gets the less it seems he can talk about relatable things the way he did early on. It's hard to write things people making $25-$60k can relate to when you're making ten times that. A lot of comics have that problem.
>>
>>62806826
>John Mulaney
His new special proves he's 100% still got it. Dude needs to seriously just focus on his stand up though- he's really gifted at that and has a really well developed voice, but that show of his was an abortion.
>>
>>62808047
http://youtu.be/tGTDS6ftK_U
>>
>>62806793
makin a person laugh with only ur voice and body is a fuckin art dude, respect the skills!
>>
>>62808158
I dunno, wasn't his most recent special the one with the Eddie Griffin ticket price bit? I also like the way he talks about meeting celebrities now that he's famous. He doesn't do it in the OH WOWEE I'M FAMOUS NOW GUYS CAN'T YOU TELL LOOK AT ALL THESE CELEBRITIES I CAN NAMEDROP way that Aziz Ansari does, he gives more of a sense that he kind of conned his way into that position that makes it a little more relatable. His bit about working on 30 Rock and getting an Emmy for it is a good example of that.
>>
>>62808235
I didn't enjoy his new special nearly as much as New in Town or Top Part. It wasn't awful but none of it was as funny as even his average jokes in the older specials.
>>
>>62808235
Agreed. His style just doesn't really work in a sitcom setting. I wish he'd come on Comedy Bing Bong more often.
>>
>>62806793
>lowest form of humor
I'd argue it's one of the highest forms of art in a certain sense. As a medium it's a lot like a haiku. You have complete freedom of self expression, literally no topic is off limits, but you're bound by one ridged hard rule that you can't disobey: whatever you do must be funny. A haiku can be about anything in the world, it can be beautiful and thought provoking in it's brevity, or it can be complete and utter dog shit. The one thing it can't be is anything of there than 5 syllables followed by 7 syllables followed by another 5. If it doesn't do that it ceases to be a haiku. Stand up has a lot of potential to be very important art when done correctly, it's your own fault for only listening to the
>same fucking jokes about the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>62810105
>of there
*other
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.