[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the Mirror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
What did Andrei Tarkovksy want to say with the Mirror?
>>
nothing because he's a pretentious faggot
>>
was the man at the end remembering his childhood angry at his mother?
>>
File: 2deep4u.jpg (87 KB, 758x591) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.jpg
87 KB, 758x591
It was a reflection of his own life.
>>
>>62803148
That much I understood but was it a positive outlook at the life he had lived or was he bitter

Some parts were spooky and some parts felt bitter and angry

>>62803126
No need to be rude.
>>
He wanted you to fall asleep, and did a pretty good job at it
>>
>>62803180
how could one fall asleep to such beautiful photography
>>
>>62803109
Do your own homework.
>>
>>62803165
>That much I understood but was it a positive outlook at the life he had lived or was he bitter
Does it matter? Are you always either completely positive or completely bitter at your own life?
>>
>>62803109
it was a film he made for his mom so we'll never really understand it completely

but to the public it can represent the power of moms to produce such a thing from a master
>>
>>62803231
>>62803231
>Does it matter? Are you always either completely positive or completely bitter at your own life?

When I realized the fact that I will never get back the time I've wasted, been away from my friends, loved ones, from my dreams (unironically crashed down from that Shia DO IT video)

Once I realized that, FULLY realized and actualized it in my mind;

That there are no replays, no new life after death, no load/save options - everything that is past can't be undone it is what it is and I can hopefully salvage what I have left of my time here - that there is just this one time we can live and make something good out of it

That's when my walls came down hard.

I felt so small and insignificant and I just wanted to have good time and not be a depressed sad fuck that bought the misery on himself, nobody made me miserable it was me that made myself miserable

I want to change so much
You can't get it BACK I don't want to be at my deathbed and feel fucking sorry for things I have not done or words I have not said FUCk

>tfw changed my ways.

I think both Stalker and MIrror changed something deep inside me,something heavy was moved away from my mind.

TL;DR my outlook used to be fully bitter, angry and sad and now it's mostly taking life as it comes and trying to do good and spread good around me.
>>
>>62803340
you'll be back to bitter and angry, just wait.
>>
>>62803340
pls show us u r penis
>>
>>62803340
wanting means nothing if you aren't doing. anyone can want something. wanting changes nothing.
>>
>>62803455
>tfw changed my ways.
I did it lad.
>>
>>62803249
>2deep4u
>>
That Georgy Rerberg is a genius?
But seriously, though it's gorgeous, I couldn't shake the feeling that I've enjoyed it more as a cut up video installation at an art gallery. Would have been there in right frame of mind as well. As a film, it failed to engage.
>>
>>62803109
It's his look on life overall by the perspective of his own, like a reflection. And that's it, I see no need to overanalyze.
>>
>>62803340
But why bother? How can you know for certain that you'll provide more benefits than problems in the lives of those whose lives you impose on? Humans are chaotic and irrational, you can't be certain that interacting with them won't preclude their finding a more beneficial way of living if they hadn't been forced by chance circumstance at some initial point to interact with you? You can screw up your own life by following your will, but how can you allow yourself to proselytize your selfish idea of what a good world is to others, and intrude upon their own natural progression towards developing their own sense of life satisfaction that isn't cluttered with arbitrary social influences?
>>
>>62804029
>First question is 'why bother'.
Apathy is cancer to your mind I was there for six years.
>>
>>62803126
pretentious is just another meaningless buzzword now thanks to people like you
>>
>>62804071
But literally why bother?
If you wasted your life doing nothing, who's gonna regret it once you're dead?
I've done nothing in my life, and it sure looks like i won't do anything in the time have left. So be it.
Most people seem satisfied with their mediocre, pointless life. I'm not, but I obviously don't have the will power and incentive to do something really worthwhile of my life, and that's ok, but i don't want to live 85 fucking years like that. Hopefully someday i'll get tired and bored enough of doing nothing and kill myself.
>>
>>62804071
That isn't an answer. Nihilism is the only thing that makes sense, anything else is a willful delusion chosen arbitrarily based on judgement affected by circumstances rather than ideals.
>>
>>62803126
This is the only correct answer and I wish artfags would realize it
>>
File: what's going on here.jpg (150 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
what's going on here.jpg
150 KB, 853x480
>>
>>62804691
hell, faggot is a meaningless buzzword too while we're at it.
>>
>>62804769
but being happy is nice
>>
shut up faggot
>>
>>62804997
So if hedonism and living for present is the only virtue worth pursuing, then why work to achieve anything outside of yourself, without certainty that life will last long enough to achieve anything? Even if endeavouring in self-denial in the present could jump you up an electron energy level of happiness in future and maximize your comfort greater then, why bother when there's no certainty that the system which would reward you will do so, or no certainty that the system will exist beyond the present moment?
>>
>>62804785
>Nihilism means to be apathetic faggot crying about 'why bother'
You got it all wrong it means to discover meaning.
>>
>>62805138
>>62805138
It means there is no great purpose to pursue, and any endeavour is wasted, in pursuit of a goal that isn't there. There is only incomprehensible complexity to the point of irrationality. There is no meritocratic system in place, there is no justice to adhere to, there is only individual human self interest, which is a foolish thing to treat as anything worth following.
>>
>>62806062
Be apathehtic fag if you want, I enjoy spreading good around me.
>>
it's just a bunch of memories and dreams, things that happened that were important to the dude, things he thought about that made a profound impression
it's like literally being inside someone's head when they're daydreaming
>>
>>62806240
Your idea of good isn't good. What you feel and believe as good isn't good in all senses for everyone who is subject to the influence of you extending your will beyond yourself like that. If you want to give up on finding a solid purpose and just live by shifting definitions of things like "good", then that's your business, but don't do it without being aware of the delusion of it, or you could be caught off guard.
>>
File: iron man.jpg (30 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
iron man.jpg
30 KB, 510x510
>>62804919
>>
>>62806423
>If you feel good you aint feelin good
please off yaself
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.