[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rewatching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19
File: TheShieldVicMackey.jpg (40 KB, 430x300) Image search: [Google]
TheShieldVicMackey.jpg
40 KB, 430x300
Rewatching The Shield. Favorite moments, guys?
>>
File: 1382322316624.jpg (48 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1382322316624.jpg
48 KB, 720x480
>>62802082
>>
File: samanosuke_akechi_by_brodare.jpg (27 KB, 315x400) Image search: [Google]
samanosuke_akechi_by_brodare.jpg
27 KB, 315x400
Skye is so hot.
>>
File: SPOOK STREET.webm (3 MB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
SPOOK STREET.webm
3 MB, 704x400
SPOOK STREEETTTT
>>
>>62802186
I MERKED THEM SLOBS STRAIGHT UP
>>
AUTISM?
>>
At what season did it all go downhill?
>>
>>62802217
it didn't, Shield is solid gold
>>
>>62802186

LET HIM GO LET HIM GO

Favourite moment probably when Aceveda was comforting that one rape survivor only to later watch the security footage that caught the act and start jerking off to it
>>
>>62802217
>>62802258
Last three seasons = best television
>>
File: VURKMYERKY.jpg (45 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
VURKMYERKY.jpg
45 KB, 720x480
>>62802118
>>
File: This.jpg (16 KB, 256x300) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
16 KB, 256x300
>>62802217
Yeah, The Shield went through the writer's strike and was still boss as fuck all the way through. It's my third rewatch.
>>
File: walter mackey.jpg (117 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
walter mackey.jpg
117 KB, 590x421
My money would be on Vic if he even got a whiff of the blue.
>>
Dutch strangles a cat to feel like a killer.
>>
spic mayor getting mouthfucked and then his wife rape-shaming him was pretty fun
>>
File: shane.jpg (79 KB, 467x750) Image search: [Google]
shane.jpg
79 KB, 467x750
>At the end of the day, you're still just a NIGGER! With a faggot nigger son! And where's the respect in that?
>>
>>62802551
Yeah, I bet that guy wasn't gonna kill him anyway.
>>
>>62802082

>your ex-wife's pussy tastes like sweet butter
>>
>You ID me you'll be stone dead 15 minutes after you leave the station.

>O hai Dutch
>>
File: margos.jpg (82 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
margos.jpg
82 KB, 620x400
>delicious feet
>>
File: 1444382568165.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1444382568165.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>
>>62802567

Is there a webm of Vendrell fucking that hot slut in the interrogation room?
>>
JUST ANOTHER DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
>>
Did The Shield have the best pilot in television history? I think so.
>>
YOU'RE GODDAMN SORRYY
>>
>>62802599
god i hated that lazy eyed negro, his acting was so good i genuinely got angry whenever he was on.
also
>The Shield Thread
Fuck yes
>>
>>62803274

DAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDB4xiA4dbc
>>
>>62803386
yeah, also not many shows manage 7 seasons without fucking up
>>
>>62802765

mmm Tulips
>>
How is this compared to Sons of Anarchy? Sutter is a shit writer, stupid hack, but i like cop shows, and the shield looks interesting
>>
>>62803584

The Shield completely annihilates Sons of Anarchy in every way.
>>
>>62803584
its pretty good desu senpai
>>
>>62803584
The Shield is like pulp noir fiction.
Sons of Anarchy is an edgy cartoon.
>>
>>62803762
>>62803711
Thanks, compadres
>>
How am i supposed to watch a cop show where people don't swear? it completely turns me off
>>
File: 1436086582903.jpg (30 KB, 400x438) Image search: [Google]
1436086582903.jpg
30 KB, 400x438
>mfw i actually liked the black cop
>>
Bd release when?
I own the first 4 seasons in DVD but never went to rewatch them.
>>
>>62803803
They swear a lot, actually.
>shithead
>asshole
>nigger
>cocksucker
They just don't say fuck.
>>
>>62804037
Totally unnatural, who doesn't say fuck? specially in their situations
>>
>>62803825
the gay one or the one Shane's psycho wife sends to the hospital?
>>
>>62804146
tavon
>>
the moment where vic Keks someone
>>
>>62802217
>>62802258
season 4 is fucking terrible, the woman captain ruined it, and antwon mitchell was terrible antagonist. it becaume godlike again in season 5
>>
File: shield.gif (216 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shield.gif
216 KB, 800x600
>check /tv/
>Shield thread

JUST
ANOTHER
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
>>62803490
I thought he did a great job.

HE'S JUST PISSING ALL OVER YOU
>>
>>62804280
that's what the guy said

Amazing character. He's so unlikable but he's righteous as fuck and Him vs Vic was always entertaining. The guy who plays him does a great asshole type guy. I wish he's in more good stuff.
>>
Assinvader: "Going undercover as dirty cops? Think you can pull that off?"
Vic with stupid grin on his face "We can tryyy"

That whole episide is goat...they just keep pissing on ass-invader, literally no respect for him what so ever.
>>
>>62803836

BD and 4k coming 2017. Confirmed by Shawn Ryan.
>>
>>62804605
I'm not sure how good 16mm is going to look on Blu-ray.
>>
How is the story different from the wire? Has been on my watchlist for ages.
>>
>>62804699
considering the dvd releases are trash (they even released seasons 3-5 in 4:3 in Europe) they can't do any worse... right?
>>
>>62804908
It's like a mix of The Wire and The Sopranos. It does characters study over the whole show and has some commentary here and there. Also it's ballsy as fuck so expect some no-nonsense heavy shit.

It has a lot of white cups going really hard on minorities so don't expect any of the stuff in The Wire.

Really just watch the pilot.
>>
>>62804214
LIKE SWEET BUDDAH
>>
>>62804908
the cops actually shoot perps
>>
>>62802082
acaveda being made bitch by that thug with missing teeth
>>
>>62804379
I loved that intro, I like how the shield can pull off all the smarminess without gettinf annoying
>>
S4 when Shane goes to Vic for help with Antwon, and Vic tells him to take the shot
>>
But it seems such a long time ago ;_;
>>
>>62807971
>baw wit da ba dabang da bang diggity was unoriginal a badass cool,fresh song in the pilot
>>
>>62808099
unironically*

;_;
>>
That time when Dutch was Hungry

Like the Wolf.
>>
When they were looking for a peeping tom, and find one, but inside the house he's just getting kekd.

I like the miniplot of the fat white girl who was playing two black guys off each other for her, only to get killed by one.

Billings arranges for Dutch to get kekd.

Billings dyke lawyer is actually qt.

The perp is running up a hill that has razor wire on top, and they stop chasing him, just to let him fall down.

Ronnie is doing a sting at a strip club and he starts talking about his golf game.

Shane fucking up that black guy, and then tricking him into feeling guilty.
>>
>he's hungry
>like a wolf
>>
>>62808612
>no vic shoots their suspect of Lemansky's death infront of Shane
>no Vic gets a knife into the cage
>no armenian train robbery
pretty weak list f am tb h
>>
File: latest-2.jpg (30 KB, 400x501) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
30 KB, 400x501
Great show. Cant pick a single scene, but there is tons of cool small moments when you see how badass Vic really is. Only a fraction of the pressure thats on him in the later seasons would have given me the worlds biggest panic attack.
>>
Last episodes and the whole fucking finale. "I've done worse" .. damnn
>>
I always liked the end of the first season where Vic breaks down in the kitchen after finding out his wife has left him and taken the kids. It's a great performance.
>>
>>62811554
Supposedly, he started acting the panic attack then it turned into a real one, he wasnt acting
>>
>>62811554
>>62811623

Yeah; I remember Rescue Me ripped that scene off in their finale and Leary took a great deal of shit for it.

>>62804908
The difference between Shield and Wire are straight forward:

The Wire is Charles Dickens; basically about the poor and less fortunate, the cruelty of the city and fate, with the writer ranting at readers about social ills every couple of pages.

The Shield is more William Shakespeare like, especially his tragedies. Think McBeth and Titus Andronicus; Vic Mackey does something obscenely stupid in the pilot and basically it leads to a series of even bigger tragedies that destroys his circle of friends and leaves him irrevocably fucked.

I'd also toss in that Shield doesn't fucking pander to fanboys. The Wire shilled Omar and shilled him hard once they realized fans loved him. Shawn Ryan refused to so for Ronnie (keeping him closeted, changing his iconic facial hair, using him sparingly so that his big moments made fans cum buckets with glee).

Also, while Omar and Ronnie reach bad ends and were both called out for their respective misaimed fandoms by their creators, Shawn Ryan's call-out moment holds more water due to the fact that fans took their berating in strides whereas Omar getting called out gets tossed aside as "things we don't talk about" in terms of discontinuity by Omar fans.
>>
>>62803776
One thing in SOA's defense: it actually has a road map and they largely stuck to it.

The Shield was basically made up as they went along. Hell, even the seven season had to redone from scratch due to actor availability. Not to mention season four and five basically being the result of FX threatening to kill the show (Glenn Close and Forest Whitaker were stunt casting to appease FX executives)
>>
>>62811939

aware me on the fandoms obsession with ronnie
>>
>>62802082
Terrible show in retrospect
>>
>>62802082

I guess enough painkillers can make even the worst kind of hurt go away. The thing you need to know is that Mara was innocent, and Jackson was innocent. They didn't know what they were drinking, and their last moments together were happy ones. They left the way I first found them, perfect and innocent. They were innocent; they're in heaven now, and we'll always be a family. [Pauses] The guilty ones are me and Vic. Vic led, but I kept following. I don't think one's worse than the other, but we made each other into something worse than our individual selves. I wish I'd never met him. I see it all now, there's no apologies I can make, no explanations I can give. I was who I was, and I can't be that person anymore. I can't let myself...
>>
when vic taunts shane by telling him he'll hang out with his son once shane is locked up.
>>
>>62812129
Best description would be Derpy Hooves. Ronnie was the show's version of Derpy Hooves. Background guy who a good chunk of the fans fixated upon when the show began to the point of elevating him to main character status in spite of not getting a lot of screen time.

Part of it was due to David Rees Snell having a mustache*; he was the only guy in the cast with facial hair and it made him stand out. Also helped that the character was the token nerd/normie on the Strike Team, making him the everyman on the show fans could relate to.

Shield debuted when TV show memes were still relatively new but on Television Without Pity and Usenet, Ronnie and his background/what his role in the grand scheme of the things on the series were heavily discussed, as was his change from mustache to beard. On Usenet in particular, since TWOP was all "Fuck FX Network!" and refused to recap their shows, there was a regular unofficial sort of "recap" on one of the main TV recap Usenet boards and the guy doing them would make a note in his recap to have a section where he dissected Ronnie's role in the episode and how he reacts to everyone else on the show's craziness.

*David Rees Snell has openly acknowledged the 'stache's power in his character's popularity as well as his mysterious background. He also joked that had they given him a backstory, fans would have freaked out because of the fact that any official backstory would have inevitably contracted fan conceived backstory for Ronnie and cause riots.
>>
>>62812440

jesus christ dude
>>
>>62812440

Thank you for this crucial background info. Any other interesting things I should be aware of in regards to The Shield fandom?
>>
>>62802082
>mfw ronnie got keked at the end

lawl what a schnook
>>
>>62802186
such a musical people
>>
>>62812561

YOU'RE GODDAMN SORRY?
>>
>>62811939
Well said
>>
>>62812440
Holy fuck please keep talking.

Tell me more Shield stuff
>>
>>62812553
Fandom hate Julian with a passion, because the actor made them abort the storyline with Julian being gay in exchange for him staying with the series (he was supposed to have been one of the dead cops killed in an ambush at the end of season one).

Also fandom is pretty evenly split on which Strike Team members are irredeemable and which ones "just fell in with the wrong crowd". You'll find some who think Vic and Shane are the bad eggs and those who think Ronnie and Lem are the good ones.

Lem in particular has a rather substantial fanbse, especially amongst women. Also tends to get the most white knighting from fans, second only to Ronnie (who has a rather vocal gay fanbase)

Shane has a considerable haterdom. So such so that writers had to go out of their way to make Shane less of a dick.

In terms of shipping, Dutch/Corrine is pretty popular amongst fans as is Ronnie/Lem especially after Lem's death. There are those who also shipped Danny/Dutch early in the series but there are those who find Danny to be kind of annoying (Dutch's verbal smackdown of her in season one is considered a fan favorite moment).

Acaveda does have some fans, in so far as people recognizing him as a magnificent bastard type in the later seasons, when they started having him score victories over Vic and stop being such a jobber.

Also, Monica Rawlings has a decent size fanbase too. So much so, that FX created Damages due to the popularity of the character and the ratings boost Glenn Close brought to the show.
>>
>god tier
Ronnie

>shit tier
everyone else
>>
I didn't understand why Ronnie was popular. He was a complete non character until towards the very end, and it only seemed like his role got expanded because Vic had burned every other bridge and the writers needed someone to work with him for logistical reasons.
>>
>>62802082

Looks like the fat Cenobite.
>>
The last few episodes are probably the best finale to a show I've ever watched.

Vic Mackey is one of the most underrated tv characters of the last 10 years, especially when people praise the arch of Walter White so much.
>>
Cuentan que el...
>>
File: absolutely based.jpg (151 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
absolutely based.jpg
151 KB, 540x720
reminder that based kavanaugh did NOTHING wrong
>>
>>62813578
I enjoyed Walter White more for most of Breaking Bad. The difference is that with Walter they lost their balls at the end and completely cheapens the entire show, whereas in The Shield they ended it perfectly in a way that gave everything that came before even more gravity. The Vic/Shane relationship came to a far more satisfying conclusion than Jesse/Walt too, with breaking bad it felt like no one had any consistency and stuff was just happening because that was what the writers decided would seem dramatic that particular season.
>>
File: gay shirt.jpg (95 KB, 1522x957) Image search: [Google]
gay shirt.jpg
95 KB, 1522x957
>>
>>62813286
Season three is pretty widely reviled amongst fans due to how they split up Danny/Julian and Dutch/Claudette and how Lem and Ronnie were rendered background characters so they could focus on Shane/Vic/Mara. Also, even though it was the only season with more than 13 episodes, the pacing was so bad that they didn't properly use the extra episodes to their advantages.

Lem's death was kept secret due to a considerable amount of work by the cast and writers. Several fake spoilers circulated (one had Ronnie get ambushed and killed by the El Salvadorians, another had Shane through a series of events, having to deliver Danny's baby and due to complications, Danny dying in childbirth) to try and hide Lem's death.

Back before it turned out to be a huge shithole, TV.com had a decent Shield community of fans and it was there that one of the writers posted anonymously on the forum and spilled the beans about the series of events that led to Glenn Close getting cast and the issues boiling with FX and Shawn Ryan, as far as FX threatening to cancel the show after season four and not being happy with the show/willing to write it off once they had IASIP/NipTuck/Rescue Me around. No one knows to this day WHICH writer it was that posted the insider dirt, though most agree it was probably Kurt Sutter.

The ending of season two (Danny getting fired) led to a lot of complaints by fans who feared she was being written out. Ryan jokes about it on the DVDs, the reaction to that and Ronnie getting disfigured, in terms of fan panicking over the fates of the characters.

Co-Pilot is pretty much the most reviled episode of the series since it contradicts previously established canon. Generally speaking, outside the bits about Ronnie and Lem and how they were recruited for the Strike Team (Ronnie being brought onto the team by Vic, Lem by Shane and the origin of Ronnie's mustache), fans don't consider it canon.
>>
File: choppers.jpg (91 KB, 1433x950) Image search: [Google]
choppers.jpg
91 KB, 1433x950
>Are you an idiot?

Lem was such a big ole puppy dog.
>>
>>62813748
Also: the original plans for season seven
-------------------------------
Vic and Shane reconcile to get rid of the Armenian mob, via setting up a war between them and the Mexican Cartel. Ronnie would not agree to this and end up exiled working with Julian as his new partner.

Ronnie and Julian feud; Ronnie doesn't even hide his contempt for Julian and is a huge asshole towards the guy, until they work a case where a lesbian teen went missing and was being held prisoner by her brother, who was having his friends gang-rape her back to being straight. Ronnie flips out, nearly kills the girl's brother when they arrest him and afterwords, reveals to Julian that he's bisexual and was forced as a teen to go to an "adjustment center" where he was tortured until he was "cured" of his homosexuality.

This was supposed to be the pay-off to Julian praying away the gay storyline. The storyline got junked but the basics of the case (brother having his gay sister raped) got carried over as a C-Plot for Billings and Dutch.

Cassidy (Vic's daughter) manages to get her hands on the MAD document Shane wrote up of the Strike Team's crimes. She gives it to Danny, who is suing Vic for sole custody of their kid to tell her it's not true. Danny realizes it is.

Franka Pontente was supposed to have a major role in the final season; she kills the guy who Shane helps take over the Armenians in the season premier and ultimately mid-season gets killed off with the rest of the Armenians. Shane convinces her to spare Vic's life in exchange for dirt from the Cartel's blackmail box while Vic manipulates the Cartel to kill her off after Vic convinces them they stole the blackmail box.

ICE is still around and Vic is angling for work with them if they can bring down the Cartel. However, in this case Vic is overtly trying to get him and Shane work; Ronnie is not included in the plans to fall upwards to new jobs as Feds.
>>
>>62814207
>>Continued

The final third plays out differently:

When Ronnie realizes Vic has reconciled with Shane and won't kill him to avenge Lem, Ronnie tries to kill Shane himself.

Hell breaks loose but Shane (who in this version never encounters Tavon and gets told off by him over how horrible he is) confronts Ronnie and basically they beat the shit out of each other Shane is saved by Vic. Ronnie tells Vic to fuck off and Vic basically tells Ronnie he never wants to see him again.

Meanwhile Vic's relationship with Cassidy is falling apart and Danny files the paperwork to get Vic banned from seeing his son. ICE doublecrosses Vic by only offering him and not Shane immunity/cushy new job and there is a big scene where Shane and Vic finally talk things out and reconcile. However, behind Shane's back, Vic takes the offer for the new job/immunity and sells Shane and Ronnie down the river, not out of desperation but for spite.

The finale would play out like it did; there is a raid on the cartel but they don't find the goods but Vic tortures a guy and finds out where the drugs and stuff are really being held. But ICE won't authorize support for a raid, forcing Vic to go to Ronnie, asking him to help stop the bad guys.

They catch the head cartel guy red handed but Ronnie dies in the raid, taking a bullet for Vic, implying that he still cares for Vic.

Claudette and Dutch find out about Vic's immunity deal and fume over it, Danny reveals the existence of the MAD document. Vic and Shane are summoned to the Barn one last time and Vic gets confronted by Danny telling everyone his secrets and Shane gets arrested/finds out that Vic double crossed him and gets arrested in front of him.
>>
>>62814483
>>Continued

This version of the final season got tossed because Franke Ponte decided to do the four hour "Che" film instead, plus due to FX messing with the production schedule, Walt Goggins not being available for the final third of the season save for a couple of days, due to commitment for a film he was doing.

As such, things were rearranged and fates changed (most notably, Ronnie getting Shane's ultimate fate and final scene) and Shane/Mara forced to go on the run was done to allow them to film Goggins' footage in the time they had him available for filming.
>>
>>62814657

Worked out for the best imo
>>
File: 16lick_your_balls_daddy20.jpg (19 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
16lick_your_balls_daddy20.jpg
19 KB, 720x480
how has this not been posted yet?
>>
>>62814703
Absolutely agree. I find it absurd that the show I consider to be most straight forward in its development of plot and character arcs (ultimately everything coming back to bite Vic in the ass) made up everything season for season like any other show, where you actually notice every second filler episode. Granted, The Shield had a hanger or two, but still. Ryan must have killed himself to get it all done. And ever since it seems to me he stays clean of repeating this demanding time by creating more lighthearted show thst suck and stay on for one season only. Welp, creating one masterpiece is fair enough. I didn't know his relationship with FX was so strained. I was hoping someday he'd go back and create another series like this.
>>
>>62813578
>The last few episodes are probably the best finale to a show I've ever watched.

watch Six Feet Under
>>
>>62815394
The Shield, The Sopranos, and Six Feet Under have the best final four episodes of any show I've seen. Deadwood too.
>>
>>62814703
>no 'suck her tits a little maybe?'
come on /tv/
>>
File: vic-suckhertits.jpg (57 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vic-suckhertits.jpg
57 KB, 720x540
>>62815521
Times sure have changed.
>>
File: The Live Forever.jpg (71 KB, 720x484) Image search: [Google]
The Live Forever.jpg
71 KB, 720x484
"Oh, Shane... When we retire we're going to play golf together everyday."

(._. ) ( ;_;)

season 2 episode 3. They must have planned way ahead for the end of the series.
>>
>>62815910
Why did it have to go wrong!
>>
>>62815563

That was his own child too. Hardcore.
>>
>>62808346
wonder if he ever got a second date
>>
Does anyone else think that shaky cam was a bad idea?
>>
>>62815910
No, Shane killing himself was not planned.

The idea of Shane killing himself was based upon the Chris Benoit murder-suicides, which happened around the time they were writing the finale.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.