[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Gran Torino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 3253523523447547.jpg (97 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
3253523523447547.jpg
97 KB, 300x443
What does /tv/ think of Gran Torino?
>>
>A black, a mexican and a jew walk into a bar.
>Then the bartender says, "get the fuck out of here!"
>>
It could have been Eastwood's swansong. It's a novel idea with tons of promise.

Instead, it underwhelms as a whole (especially the main payoff), and you get the impression all of the supporting actors are intern film students.

6/10. Not awful, but definitely not good. So much lost potential. It's really heartbreaking, he deserved better.
>>
>>62796822
Pretty much this. Well put
>>
>>62796655

My inner pleb wanted him to go all Death Wish on those punk kids, but the way they went in the actual movie makes more sense.
>>
The pay off was shit.

It should of come together with him dying of cancer and crying on his death bed about all the shit he's done wrong after pushing off the priest for the entire movie.

Admitting it to the chinaman I mean, not the 12 year old chubby red head priest.
>>
>>62796655
pretty weak
>>
>>62796655

classic Dano
>>
Shit movie from a shit director.
>>
>What is all this "bro" shit, anyway? Want to be Super Spade or something? These guys don't want to be your bro, and I don't blame 'em. Now get your ofay Paddy ass on down the road.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62796655
Worst adaptation of a racing video game EVER.
>>
>>62796655
great, best of Eastwoods recent movies
also multiculturalism got btfo
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.