[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Perfect movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: addams-family-values.jpg (70 KB, 508x755) Image search: [Google]
addams-family-values.jpg
70 KB, 508x755
ITT: Perfect movies
>>
>>
>>62796485
/thread

There's a reason Burton didn't get his grubby little hands on the franchise in the '10s and it's specifically because he knew he'd never be able to outdo it.
>>
File: mfw57.png (46 KB, 310x315) Image search: [Google]
mfw57.png
46 KB, 310x315
>>62796502
For real. Although I do think another iteration could be done as long as they got the casting right. That's ultimately what made those movies work. Yeah, the sets were great and the jokes were on point, and they paid tribute to the past while making it contemporary for the 90's, but the cast was absolutely GOAT. Each actor was arguably born to play their respective roles.

With that said, some ideas for a new cast:

>Robert Downey Jr. as Gomez
>Meryl Streep as Nanny
>John Rebar as Lurch

I always struggle with the rest. Who the fuck could play Morticia better than Anjelica Huston?!
>>
>>62796485

I actually preferred the first one more.
>>
>>62798409

Eva Green could be at least a step below houston, her character in Dark Shadows was practically in the same vein as Morticia just more bitter.
>>
>>62796485
>ywn go to summer camp with Wednesday

;_;
>>
>>62798429
Certainly could have potential, but she's missing the class and effortless grace that Huston brought to the role. Her Morticia just seemed to float through the movie, stealing every scene she was in. Watching her and Raul Julia together, it's almost like a competition, except they both want the other to win.
>>
>>62798623
Is there a fictional couple with more onscreen chemistry? I've never seen any couple that was so mutually infatuated in fiction or in real life.
>>
>>62798409
>Who the fuck could play Morticia better than Anjelica Huston?!

I liked Bebe Neuwirth in the broadway musical.
>>
>>62798409
>Robert Downey Jr. as Gomez

I... well shit, I could actually see that working.
>>
>>62796485
>The Munsters will never get a film equivalent of Addams Family Values
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>62798711
I know right? I had the thought a little while ago. We already know he can do suave, he suits the mustache, and has fantastic comedic timing. But he needs a Morticia that creates a chemistry as strong as Raul/Huston, but different of course.
>>
>>62798409
Is Liz Gillies too old to play Wednesday?
>>
>>62798702
>Bebe Neuwirt
Thinking more of actors still relevant in Hollywood.
>>
>>62798776

Ricci was 11 in AF and 13 in AFV, so yeah..
>>
>>62798409
>RDJ as Gomez
>Burton will just put Depp as Gomez

fuck this world
>>
>>62798746
>Bryan Fuller's Munster more serious revamp show never got picked up.

I thought it had promise. Eddie Izzard, Portia de Rossi, Jerry O'Connell, cast was pretty good. Then again, we did get Hannibal instead.
>>
>>62798786
I don't care. Wednesday is now a dominatrix. She's only submissive to one man, me. We have unsimulated sex on screen, full penetration. When I start pounding her tight anus her screams wake up all the dead Addams who come to watch. /scene
>>
>>62798806
I think Jerry O'Connell being cast as Herman was what destroyed the possibility of it becoming a show. Absolutely atrocious casting.
>>
>>62798779

Yeah, but if we've learned everything, it's that most films that have an extended cast made of hot bankable A-list talent usually means it's shit in the end.
>>
>>62796502
Well, he did put his greasy hands on Alice in wonderland, and it was shit.
This fucker ruins everything.
>>
>>62798872

It was weird at first but I kinda warmed up to him in the end.
>>
>>62798806
Fuller's Munsters was quite honestly a weird mix of the Munsters and Addams tones. It was weird.

Nice enough pilot
>>
>>62798875
It didn't with these movies.
>>
The best Addams movie was the one about the domineering bitch trying to manipulate Fester
>>
>>62796485
First was better but values still has It's moments. Deb-bie was fantastic. Too bad Raul died so soon....
>>
>>62800279
>Three very different woman, but they all have one thing in common
>MURDER!

>...and they're all the same woman
>>
File: 16p1z.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
16p1z.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>
File: mort.jpg (93 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
mort.jpg
93 KB, 768x576
>>62798409
>casting
fuck you
>>
>>62802215
If you genuinely think she was a better Morticia than Huston then please explain why you think that is, outside of personal preference. Carolyn Jones may have been the original, but Anjelica defined the character.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.