[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend to like Star Wars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: me me.gif (106 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
me me.gif
106 KB, 260x260
Why do people pretend to like Star Wars?
>>
I like the first 3 movies and a couple of video games
>>
>>62795875
They want to feel special by liking nerd stuff.
>>
>>62795901
Why? everything about them - from the shitty costumes, to the cliched plot and autistic dialogue - is horrible imo tbqh.
>>
>>62795875
Why do people pretend to not like Star Wars?
>>
>>62795925
Star Wars and Empire are solid action flicks with a unique visuals and style that call back on classic styles of samurai films, spaghetti westerns, and old serials to deliver a fun unique memorable product that features a lot of great effort from craftsman
>>
>>62795875
>people like what I don't like
>surely they're faking
Textbook autism
>>
>>62795932
They don't. It's simply unlikable.
>>
People love the brand, they don't care about the films.
>>
>>62795875
because they're shills
>>
>>62796012
i wonder what the average /tv/ userbase is more offended by: accusations of autism or accusations of reddit?
>>
File: Star-Wars_fans.jpg (490 KB, 4800x3015) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars_fans.jpg
490 KB, 4800x3015
>>62796012
actually, liking star wars while being over the age of 12 is textbook autism
>>
>>62795980
>unique visuals

They literally stole all visuals from earlier sifi flicks or shows.
>>
>>62796065
>gets called out for displaying actual traits autistic people hold
>N-nu-nuh uh! No you!
>>
File: empireshot.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
empireshot.png
1 MB, 1920x816
>>62796071
yeah but they combined them in a cohesive way and on a larger scale
>>
>>62795980
That's literally a bunch of buzzwords that you could claim apply to any Hollywood flick.
>>
>>62796029
They do. It's simply likable.
>>
File: autist_tears.png (135 KB, 336x346) Image search: [Google]
autist_tears.png
135 KB, 336x346
>>62796090
>>
>>62796141
so no one can ever like anything or even explain why they like it
>>
Because not everyone is a cool contrarion and can watch a fantasy movie
>>
>>62795875
The Characters. Star Wars had some pretty kick ass characters, all while in a crazy science fiction setting.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.