[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Room General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 24
File: room1.jpg (489 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
room1.jpg
489 KB, 1000x1500
>>
>I don't have anything to discuss, please entertain me
fuck off
>>
>>62795005

You should start with some content OP, something. How's your sex life?
>>
>>62795103
ahahaha
>>
Anyone got any Wiseau reaction images?
>>
File: 1438300342677.jpg (94 KB, 1332x720) Image search: [Google]
1438300342677.jpg
94 KB, 1332x720
>>62795381
>>
>>62795448
whiskey mixed with vodka, my favorite
>>
File: room script 1.jpg (100 KB, 701x960) Image search: [Google]
room script 1.jpg
100 KB, 701x960
>>62795448
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyeXCItkow&t=2m59s
>>
File: Reddit.png (41 KB, 1280x427) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.png
41 KB, 1280x427
>>62795005
>"I love irony guise"
>>
File: cap wiseau.jpg (110 KB, 686x748) Image search: [Google]
cap wiseau.jpg
110 KB, 686x748
>>62795381
>>
did you just watch it for the first time or something?
>>
File: 11401102.jpg (21 KB, 500x297) Image search: [Google]
11401102.jpg
21 KB, 500x297
>>62795513
>>
>>62795488
Jesus fucking christ that's terrible.
>>
>>62795540
Just thinking about it randomly and laughing to myself
>>
>Probably the most wasteful and pointless aspect of The Room’s production was Tommy’s decision to simultaneously shoot his movie with both a 35mm film camera and a high-definition (HD) camera. In 2002, an HD and 35mm film camera cost around $250,000 combined; the lenses ran from $20,000 to $40,000 apiece. And, of course, you had to hire an entirely different crew to operate this stuff. Tommy had a mount constructed that was able to accommodate both the 35mm camera and HD camera at the same time, meaning Tommy needed two different crews and two different lighting systems on set at all times. The film veterans on set had no idea why Tommy was doing this. Tommy was doing this because he wanted to be the first filmmaker to ever do so. He never stopped to ask himself why no one else had tried.
>>
http://vmashup.com/0hA8Px3v
>>
Greg Sestero seems like a pretty shitty friend to write an entire book about how you're batshit insane and then sell off the film rights.
I don't really blame him, but it just doesn't sit quite right with me mang.
>>
>>62795611
Truly the greatest cinematographer of this generation.
>>
My college had a full interactive showing of it.

It was actually great
>>
reddit general?

spoons XD
>>
>>62795804
Don't worry, Tommy's writing a book with his side of the story. It's going to be called The Disaster Artist.

Not even joking.
>>
>>62795893
source
>>
anyone else think lisa is sexy as fuck?
>>
>>62796239
It was an answer he gave someone who asked what he thought of the book and what his side of the story was on reddit. It's never coming out of course.
>>
>>62796265
only you and tommy, buddy
>>
>>62795893
>>62796239
>>62796278

Disaster Artist came out a couple of years ago. Are you people actually fucking retarded?
>>
File: TDA by Tommy Wiseau.jpg (52 KB, 695x251) Image search: [Google]
TDA by Tommy Wiseau.jpg
52 KB, 695x251
>>62796382
No you're the actual retard here. Tommy Wiseau literally said his counterpart to Greg Sestero's The Disaster Artist would be titled The Disaster Artist.
>>
>>62796497
What the hell are you even saying? The Disaster Artist book already came out. TWO YEARS AGO in fact.

Oh wait a minute is this one of those "hurr i'm pretending to be retarded" moments? Doesn't make you any less of a retard.
>>
File: Tommy 420.jpg (36 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Tommy 420.jpg
36 KB, 640x640
>>62796537
How high are you right now?
>>
>>62796537
He saying both will have the same title.

Though Tommy's post could be read as he's writing his version of The Disaster Artist
>>
>>62795804
Without Tommy Greg Sestero would have absolutely no fame, that goes for the entire cast of the room, the entire cast owes any fame or success they have to Tommy.
>>
>>62795611
Where did he get the money for it?
>>
File: Ryan_Dunn_s_Big_Gay_Puppet_Show.jpg (118 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Ryan_Dunn_s_Big_Gay_Puppet_Show.jpg
118 KB, 640x640
>>62796537
I can't believe you're this retarded. It's magical.
>>
>>62796704
Maybe he's being disingenuous in order to seek attention.
>>
>>62796622
selling jackets to korea
>>
File: CreepyFatherJohnny.webm (278 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
CreepyFatherJohnny.webm
278 KB, 960x540
>>62795381
>>
>>62797957
Any cool stories about Denny from The Disaster Artist? He was probably the second funniest character
>>
File: AllChicken.webm (151 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
AllChicken.webm
151 KB, 960x540
>>62797970
He was the oldest person after Lisa's mom and Tommy bizarrely, but he was asked to play a 18-22 yr old (his age wasn't actually stated iirc). Mostly just did his scenes.
>>
>>62796537
he is right you bozo, just look at the fucking reddit post
>>
>>62795005
So over rated.
>>
>>62798012
according to the book that is the exact moment Sestero lost all hope in his acting career
>>
>>62798084
At least he's "The guy from The Room, no the other one" instead of a total nobody
>>
File: StupidComments.webm (208 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
StupidComments.webm
208 KB, 960x540
>>62798084
Can you blame him? Look at that fucking scene, that isn't out of context at all.
>>
'you're a lion. I nearly hit you'

what message was he attempting to articulate by this?
>>
>>62796497
>24/7
>several days a week

His AMAs are about as well thought out as his scripts. Don't know what I was expecting.
>>
>>62796537
It did come out two years ago. And possibly another book of the same title will come out, this one written by Tommy.
>>
>>62798113
aw c'mon, he was in that one puppet master movie, and got to be an extra in patch adams
>>
>not reading the book

seriously dark read. movie i'm sure is shit
>>
>>62799735
>been meaning to get it for ages
>just remembered torrenting books is a thing
Thank you based digital age
>>
Bear with me, the word limit is a pain, but this is totally worth it

The makeup chair was Tommy’s favorite place to learn his lines and he always insisted I stay near him when he was running them. Between sips of Red Bull, Tommy recited the first line of the first scene he wanted to shoot that day: “Oh, hi, Mark.” He did the line with different spins and emphases (“Oh, hi, Mark,” “Oh, hi, Mark,” “Oh, hi, Mark,” “OhhiMark”) until he was sure he had it. Amy, the makeup artist, was working on Tommy throughout this process, dabbing at his face while he gestured. Tommy, satisfied with his “Oh, hi, Mark” delivery, moved on to a moment later in the scene, which involved Johnny and Denny. He read the line woodenly: “You can love someone deep inside your heart. There’s nothing wrong with it.” Then he turned to me and asked, “How is my voice today? I know I do something wrong. I’m losing my mind. Can you correct me?”
“You’re doing fine,” I assured him.
Sandy wandered over to find out what Tommy wanted to shoot first. “We are shooting roof scene with Johnny and Mark,” Tommy said. “Don’t worry. We ready in five minutes.” Sandy lumbered off, certain that Tommy’s “five minutes” meant more like an hour and a half.
The Room’s costume designer, Safowa, had ducked out for a moment to run some wardrobe errands because Tommy was so late. Of course, the moment Tommy learned that Safowa was no longer around, he decided he was ready to get dressed for his scene. He began to panic. “We need her now, not tomorrow!” he said. “I don’t hire her not to be here! I’m not doing her job.”
>>
>>62799760
dude the book is almost ENTIRELY in the room. rough read. really good though
>>
>>62799822
Amy told Tommy that Safowa would be back any second, but Tommy, unsatisfied, headed directly to wardrobe and dressed himself. He probably could not have picked a worse outfit had he been blindfolded: an ill-fitting navy blue sport coat over his favorite black tank top and sand-colored cargo pants, the pockets of which were stuffed with lotion bottles, antiwrinkling gel, purple scrunchies, hair clips, and cash. He looked like an aging metrosexual commando.
Safowa returned from her errand, took one look at Tommy, and nearly fainted. I believe the word she used to describe his outfit was “unfilmable.”
Tommy, of course, refused to change. “I keep my stuff, sweetie. You are late. Please don’t do this again.”
“Tommy,” Safowa said, “you can’t just pick things off the rack at random and start shooting.” Sensing she wasn’t going to win this argument, she turned to grab her camera. “I need to get a Polaroid of your outfit for continuity.”
“Continuity,” Tommy said, stopping her, “is in your forehead.”
“Would you at least empty your pockets?” Safowa asked. “Can we agree to that?”
“I cannot,” Tommy said. Safowa briefly looked like she was about to punch him. Tommy, noticing this, put his hand on her shoulder. “You are very sweet, and I push you little bit. But don’t hate me yet.” From Safowa’s expression it was clear that Tommy’s request was several seconds too late.
>>
>>62799831
The scene Tommy wanted to shoot was my first with him that didn’t involve other cast members. We started with the master shots of the conversation Johnny and Mark have after Johnny spontaneously storms onto the Rooftop, denying that he’s hit his future wife, Lisa. The ensuing conversation concerns women, mostly, and the possibility that they are evil. When Johnny tells Mark that Lisa is “loyal” to him—remember, Mark is banging Lisa pretty regularly by this point in the film—Mark says, “Yeah, man. You never know. People are very strange these days,” which is one of the most majestically odd lines in the whole film. Mark then tells Johnny a story about a woman friend of his who enjoyed the company of “a dozen guys.” Unfortunately, one of these surly gentlemen discovered his lover’s promiscuity. “He beat her up so bad,” Mark tells Johnny, “she ended up in a hospital.” To which Johnny responds: “What a story, Mark!”
For reasons neither I nor anyone else could gather, every time I got to the part in Mark’s story about the woman being beaten up, Tommy would laugh warmly before delivering his line. It was unsettling. It was disturbing. Take after take, Tommy/Johnny would react to the story of this imaginary woman’s hospitalization with fond and accepting laughter.
After a few takes Sandy took Tommy aside and, as though speaking to a child, told him that this beaten-up-woman business was not funny, not at all; it was, in fact, a very sad line; and maybe Tommy should shoot for a response that was more, shall we say, emotionally involved. Sandy went so far as to demonstrate for Tommy what Johnny’s “concerned body language” should look like. It was as though Tommy had never bothered to contemplate what the line he wrote actually meant.
>>
>>62799845
Tommy laughed again during the next take. Sandy stepped away from his monitor, looked at the ground, and said, “Okay. Not funny, Tommy! No laugh there! Remember, be concerned!” Sandy’s eyes were bleak with false enthusiasm and his voice sounded like a cable getting ready to snap. We’d been shooting this idiotic conversation for more than an hour.
Tommy and I did the exchange again. This time Tommy didn’t laugh. Instead, he said his line—“What a story, Mark”—with absolutely no emotion at all. This effect was, improbably, even weirder than the takes he had laughed in. Sandy gave up and we moved on.
Then it was time to do the coverage shots of our individual closeups. In an attempt to loosen Tommy up a bit, I changed the line that had been provoking his laughter. Instead of “He beat her up so bad, she ended up in a hospital,” I ad-libbed, “He beat her up so bad, she ended up in a hospital on Guerrero Street.”
Of course, there is no hospital on Guerrero Street, but Tommy’s San Francisco condo was located there. I knew full well that anything having to do with Tommy’s personal life was a matter of national security, but the reference was so obscure that I couldn’t imagine him being worried about it. No one involved in The Room even knew that Tommy had lived in San Francisco, let alone that he had a condo there. This was going to be a ridiculous scene no matter what, and I guess I was trying to remind Tommy to approach it more playfully. Attempting to mine Tommy’s scenes for authentic or plausible emotion was never going to work. You couldn’t make these scenes realistic, I figured, so why not have fun?
Tommy laughed again, more ghoulishly than before.
When the cameras stopped, Tommy dragooned me into a quiet place, away from the crew. “Are you insane completely?” he said. His eyes were all dancing panic. “You must be crazy in the head! Now we can’t erase this information from thirty-five-millimeter film!”
>>
Disaster Artist is one of my favourite books. It delivers the most bittersweet ending.
>>
>>62795488
>He sits up
>>
>>62799859
I tried to calm him down. “Tommy, it’s a street name. Nobody knows what I was referring to.”
Tommy gave me a hard, cold look. “I’m not happy about your statement.” He was even less happy when the only usable audio from all of the coverage happened to be in the take where I ad-libbed the Guerrero Street line, which was why it wound up in The Room at all.
We filmed the first part of Tommy’s and my scene—Johnny making his dramatic entrance onto the Rooftop—last. To shoot him doing this, the crew had to rearrange the Rooftop walls and push into place the tiny, tin-roofed outhouse that was doubling as the Rooftop’s access door.
Since the outhouse was so small, there was no room inside to create the illusion of continued movement. This meant that anyone being filmed exiting it had to stand perfectly still while waiting until action was called. Coming out of that thing, you stumbled into your scene.
>>
>>62799760

Although I don't recommend audiobooks, this one in particular is great since it's read by Greg and he does a perfect Tommy impression.
>>
>>62799874
In the original draft of the Room script, the stage direction reads: “JOHNNY OPENS THE DOOR TO THE ROOF ACCESS. MARK IS SITTING THERE.” Tommy had decided this wasn’t dramatic or emotional enough, especially now that he’d rewritten his script to include scenes in which Lisa claims to others that Johnny has abused her. To establish that Johnny is incapable of abuse, Tommy concocted a new opening for this scene, in which Johnny steps onto the Rooftop saying, “It’s not true! I did not hit her! It’s bullshit! I did not.” After which comes this: “Oh, hi, Mark.” There are seventeen words in this sequence. Eleven of them are nonrecurring; only one carries the burden of a second syllable. In other words, these are not terribly difficult lines to learn.
Sandy had blocked the scene so that Tommy would emerge from the outhouse; hit his mark on the second “I did not”; look up; nail his eyeline; say, “Oh, hi, Mark”; and walk off camera to where we, the audience, imagine Mark to be sitting. Most school plays contain scenes that pose bigger technical acting challenges.
Tommy couldn’t remember his lines. He couldn’t hit his mark. He couldn’t say “Mark.” He couldn’t walk. He couldn’t find his eyeline. He would emerge from the outhouse mumbling, lost, and disoriented. He looked directly into the camera. He swore. He exploded at a crew member for farting: “Please don’t do this ridiculous stuff. It’s disgusting like hell.” Sandy stood there so openmouthed that it looked as if he were waiting for someone to lob something nutritive at him.
>>
>>62799887
Finally Tommy commanded me to sit off camera, hoping that my becoming his living eye line would help him. It didn’t. Everything became infectiously not-funny funny. People were turning away from the set, their faces constipated with laughter they dared not release. Tommy didn’t notice any of this. He was locked into a scene and a moment he couldn’t bring to life. It was as horrifyingly transfixing as watching a baby crawl across the 405 freeway. We were all waiting for a miracle.
It took Tommy thirty minutes to feel comfortable enough to walk down the outhouse’s two steps without staring at his feet. It took another thirty minutes for him to take those two steps while also remembering his lines. With time, and effort, he got the walking-talking aspect of the performance down, but doing all this while hitting his mark and looking at me remained a grand fantasy. Sandy kept saying, “Now you need to look up when you say hi to Mark.” Tommy would nod. Yes. Indeed. Exactly what he needed to do. He would try, and try again.
Tommy/Johnny: “I did not.”
Sandy: “Look up!”
Tommy/Johnny: “Oh, hi, Mark.”
Sandy: “Up! Up!”
Sandy stopped everything and took Tommy aside. He tried to reason with him, as though Tommy’s understanding and not Tommy’s ability were the real problem. “You have to look at Mark when you say the line, okay? Because right now you’re looking down.”
“Okay,” Tommy said.
He’d rehearsed this moment for half the day and this was the result. Soon the cameraman was laughing so hard that his camera started to shake during takes.
Sandy decided to watch some VHS playbacks, to see if there was anything—anything at all—usable. I was still sitting off camera, feeling as though I’d been dosed with something potent. Tommy came over to me, looking worried. “How am I doing?” he asked. “Give me the feedback. Something.”
>>
>>62799906
It was a genuine request. I felt sorry for him at that moment. I knew how hard he was trying. I also knew that being a dramatic actor was the most important thing to Tommy. Everything he’d done in life was to get to this point. How could I help him? I had no idea.
“You’re doing great,” I said.
But the obvious peril Tommy was in—that the whole production was now in—had broken through his vanity. For once Tommy wanted something more than chummy assurance. “How,” Tommy asked again, more insistently, “am I doing? Don’t pull my legs!”
I looked around, thinking, Props, because props always helped Tommy; they took his mind off trying to act. I saw a nearby water bottle and grabbed it. “Here,” I said, handing the bottle to Tommy. “Use this. You know what you’re supposed to do, right? So do it. What do you always tell me? Show some emotion.”
Tommy smiled in pure, holy relief. “Why didn’t you tell me emotion? My God! That’s easy part! Now you see why I need you here? These other people don’t care.” He immediately started peeling off the water bottle’s sticker, because nothing scared Tommy more than having to pay someone for permission to use a logo. Tommy is probably the world’s single most copyright-obsessed human being who does not also have a law degree.
Sandy joined us on the side of the Rooftop set. He looked for a long time at Tommy’s water bottle before speaking. “What’s this?”
“Water bottle,” Tommy said.
Sandy took in a lungful of deep, calming breath. “Yes,” he said. “I know. What are we doing with it?”
“I need to throw something, dammit. During scene.”
Sandy turned away, removed his glasses, sat down, and rubbed his eyes.
>>
File: tearingapart.jpg (34 KB, 446x371) Image search: [Google]
tearingapart.jpg
34 KB, 446x371
>>62795381
>>
>>62799918
Tommy headed back to the outhouse, his water bottle in hand and his script hidden in his breast pocket. I sat down. Sandy stood by the monitor. “Action!” The door flew open and there was Tommy holding his water bottle and stepping out of the outhouse and hitting his head on the doorjamb so hard that it took twenty minutes to ice the bump and conceal it with makeup. I heard one of the cameramen say, desperately, “How are we ever going to get this? It’s impossible. We’ll be here forever.”
Then, just for comic relief, Don and Brianna arrived on set to pick up their checks. Tommy, sitting in the makeup chair while Amy iced his forehead down, ignored them at first. Brianna talked to Juliette as Don ginned up the courage to approach Tommy. Their brief, chilly exchange ended with Tommy signing two $1,500 checks. Don, I could tell, was a little relieved not to be doing The Room. Really, he was surprisingly decent about the whole thing, even telling me that someday we’d be able to laugh about this. Tommy had deigned to acknowledge Don, but he wouldn’t, for whatever reason, talk to or even look at Brianna.
I gave Brianna her check. “Look at him,” she said, holding it as though about to rip it in half. Tommy was still sitting in makeup, pressing an ice pack to his forehead. “He won’t even acknowledge me. He’s such a pussy.”
Tommy noticed me idling too long with Brianna and called me over. “Greg! I need you here!” He wanted to continue running his lines. It was hopeless. He still couldn’t remember them—and now, to make things worse, it was possible he had a concussion.
>>
>>62795005
That chubby chick had a nice pair of boobs.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>62799934
Sandy and I huddled together and came up with a handy formula for Tommy to remember. When I returned to Tommy I said this: “Okay, so here’s what you do: ‘I did not,’ mad, mad, mad, throw the water bottle, stop, notice me, look up.” Tommy asked that I repeat the formula. Several times. “Show me once more,” Tommy said. By now his bruise had been buried beneath a beige snowdrift of concealer. He was, finally, ready. He took a breath, returned to the outhouse, and did the scene. At long last we got the shot. It took three hours and thirty-two takes, but we got the shot.
If you can, I implore you to watch this scene. It’s seven seconds long. Three hours. Thirty-two takes. And it was only the second day of filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5utc5TOPNbo
>>
>>62799948

fuck now i have to read the book
>>
>>62800047
It provides a lot of insight into The Room and is at times genuinely emotionally impactful. It's also fucking hilarious.
>>
>>62799831
>I cannot
died laughing>>62799831
>>62799831
>>
>>62800114

Do you have the passage where he has the pen with Tommy's World or whatever written on it?

I wasn't interested in the books originally because I thought it would just be laughing at how retarded Tommy is but from the few passages I've read it seems like Greg doesn't have any disdain towards him and actually even respects him in some weird way.
>>
>>62800187
They're relationship is, putting it mildly, a little complicated. I think at the end of the day Sestero does care for Wiseau a great deal despite how much of an obnoxious asshole he could be at times.

"Yeah," he said, looking up. "I see this big thing and big light and big events with stores and hotel and movie. All these things all together. It will be spectacular." He reached for his glass of hot water but hesitated before lifting it to his mouth. Tommy peered at me from beneath his large protruding brow. "And you can live in my planet, if you decide. Maybe I let you stay for a little while."

1/?
>>
I bought Wiseau's overpriced Blu-Ray...I don't regret it.
>>
>Tommy letting Greg into an apartment complex
>door requires a passcode
>Tommy takes out a piece of paper that says "123"
>Greg asks Tommy why he needs that
>Tommy says he always forgets the code
>>
>>62800268
What did I think of living on Tommy's planet? I wasn't sure. What I was sure of was that Tommy had something I'd never seen in anyone else: a blind and unhinged and totally unfounded ambition. He was so out of touch, so lacking in self-awareness, yet also weirdly captivating. That night there was this aura around Tommy--an aura of the possible. Stick with him, I thought, and something WOULD happen, even if I had no idea what that something might b. Maybe that was it: Tommy made me listen to the right voices in my head. This big, childish vision of his-- what was it if not every actor's secret dream?
>>
I feel bad for Tommy in some sort of weird way. Even though it was terrible, he worked really hard for this movie and now everyone just shits on it so much to the point where he acts like he did it all intentionally
>>
>>62800309
My own planet was increasingly icy and lonely and minor. And while I did not rule out the possibility that Tommy's Planet was a civilization-ending comet headed my way, what if it wasn't?

"Here," Tommy said. "I have present for you." He handed me a red-white-and-blue pen, the casing of which bore the Street Fashions USA logo. He gave it to my as though it were a sacred scepter, as though I'd passed some test. When I looked more closely at the pen, I saw something else: a tiny globe with the words TOMMY'S PLANET printed across it.
>>
I read the book and even read the second draft of the script that's based off it and it was very okay. It moved oddly and I hate to be that fucking dick but it is missing the heart of the book. Sure, its got Tommys weird little quips like ordering hot water at restaurants and the memorable scenes from the movies and the catastrophic filming days but the emotion between Greg and Tommy is too messy. Hopefully they polish it a bit and Franco nails Tommy perfect.
>>
I want to fuck Tommy Wiseau in the ass.
>>
Tommy is a true patriot

Ps.

When the fuck is this supposed to come out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1aZxFbq8HU

the imdb page it came out on sunday, but I haven't heard a peep from the makers or anyone else.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4177972/
>>
>>62797457
...laced with...?
>>
File: 12 megabytes of ram chandler.png (948 KB, 959x700) Image search: [Google]
12 megabytes of ram chandler.png
948 KB, 959x700
>>62795488
>mfw I actually bought the script
>mfw it came with a pair of TW designed tighty whities
>mfw the tighty whities have a small pocket in them

Apart from the underwear the script is an interesting read. It has a lot of scenes that didn't appear in the movie. Claudette's cancer is actually mentioned in an another scene and in the alley football scene Mark comes in with a basketball.

Chris R. and Denny also toss a ball around in the rooftop scene before Chris R. flips his shit.
>>
>>62800712
all documentaries that explore something from the perspective of the fandom "phenomenon" are complete shit

The Room deserves a documentary exploring the testimony of the people directly associated with the movie
>>
>>62795865
People have been fans of the movie far before reddit.
>>
>>62800758

That is actually interesting. I have the undies too, signed so I feel weird wearing em, but i'd get the script.
>>
>>62798084
>>62798012
The way he barely moves his arms tells more than a thousand words.
>>
>>62800806
>The Room deserves a documentary exploring the testimony of the people directly associated with the movie
I would love to hear more from the people who were on the crew.
>>
File: back 2 reddit LOL.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
back 2 reddit LOL.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
tee hee this movie is so bad
>>
>>62800806
The documentary is gonna have interviews of all the actors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG02v_3fmxI
Holy fuck Denny is old

Bonus: Kyle Vogt (Peter) in an old spice ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PD4f5uTOU
>>
>>62800928
Uh. But it is, you fucking outsider.

>>62795513
>>62795865
>more /v/edditors
>>
File: the room greenscreen.png (181 KB, 472x312) Image search: [Google]
the room greenscreen.png
181 KB, 472x312
>>62800806
>The Room deserves a documentary exploring the testimony of the people directly associated with the movie

Yep. It should be a documentary of The Disaster Artist pretty much, using Greg's template with talking head interviews and some of the extensive footage from behind the scenes. I'd much prefer that to Franco's feature.
>>
File: tommy wiseau.jpg (11 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tommy wiseau.jpg
11 KB, 400x300
>>62800838
>signed
Luckily only my script was signed. Haven't worn the undies desu, I'm more of a boxer briefs kinda guy.

and yes, the script is really interesting. Its also very specific. The weird pizza Lisa orders wasn't improvised, it was in the script. Also the drink Lisa makes Johnny drink is vodka (or scotch, can't remember which) + hot chocolate.
>>
>>62795611

I just found out yesterday that most of this thing was filmed in the back lot of my company's old building.
My boss, the owner of the rental house, said Tommy invited the employees to the premier and they were the only ones there besides like 4 crew members. Tommy kept circling the block in a limo waiting for the photographers he hired to set up so they could get him on the red carpet. Gets out with two blonde chicks my boss assumes were escorts.
>>
>>62800944
I know, but the narrative of the documentary is gonna be centered around the fan phenomenon, this means it won't actually be a movie for people that already love The Room

this is exactly what happened with Best Worst Movie, Lost Soul and the documentary of Superman Lives

too much "omg this was the worst movie ever!" but with nothing insightful about the origins

I'd love to see somethink like Jodorowsky's Dune. Just Tommy himself talking about concepts, about his creative process.
>>
Lisa has nice tits desu.
>>
>>62800998
Speaking of the Franco film, do we know who's gonna play Tommy?
>>
>>62801029
>Jodorowsky's Dune with Tommy

Jesus christ just open a Kickstarter already.
>>
>>62801081
Franco
seriously
his brother will play Sestero
>>
>>62800944
Michelle is still a total qt
>>
>>62801121
You're right anon
>>
the room is quintessential normiecore. normies love it because it's so Quirky and Weird and Out There.

normie: have you seen the room
me: yes. it's bad movie.
normie: no way, man! it's hilarious! it's so bad! tommy wiseau is a genius!
me: ....
>>
>>62801282
>normies love it
I've never met a normie who has even heard of it
>>
>>62801302
You're the normie
>>
File: 1285747592232.jpg (38 KB, 214x216) Image search: [Google]
1285747592232.jpg
38 KB, 214x216
>>62800998
>some of the extensive footage from behind the scenes.

Why isn't any of that in the Blu-ray?
>>
File: normeme.jpg (188 KB, 500x567) Image search: [Google]
normeme.jpg
188 KB, 500x567
>>62801302
you're the normie, bro. sorry
>>
>>62801376

Tommy's probably embarrassed by it. He had someone document the entire production process, and later had him film even more to spy on the cast and crew. Most of that footage is probably Tommy looking like an incompetent asshole and people talking shit about him.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find a pdf of the book?
>>
>>62802750
Is this the first time you're on the internet?
>>
>>62802807
No

But I can't find it anywhere, only the audio book
>>
>>62802824
The audio book is excellent, anon. Greg Sestero immitating Tommy's accent is fucking hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K40IToeN51Y
>>
>>62803023
I agree but I was hunting for the PDF, too

Oh nevermind, I'll just go buy the damn thing. It's worth it for Greg.
>>
>>62803038
Have fun, it's a great read.
>>
>>62803117
I still can't believe some of the shit Tommy did
>>
>>62803023
That impression is unreal, god damn.
>>
>>62803023
>tfw Greg won't be playing himself in the movie adaptation
>>
>>62803023
>"we have moment to moment acting in my film"
>"words are secondary"
>>
File: tommy wiseau the room feels.png (15 KB, 818x145) Image search: [Google]
tommy wiseau the room feels.png
15 KB, 818x145
The last couple paragraphs of the disaster artist gave me some serious feels.
>>
>>62803654
Damn
>>
>>62800758
>In the alley football scene Mark comes in with a basketball

Consequences would never have been the same if that scene was left in.
>>
>>62803969
Indeed. The basketball isn't thrown around though.
>>
>>62803654
That's powerful
>>
>>62801015
>vodka and hot chocolate

Wtf
>>
>>62804510

Doesnt sound bad tbvh
>>
>>62804510
>>62804573
Atleast its not Scotchka.
>>
>>62800735
Doggies
>>
>>62796622
Tommy ran a fairly successful clothing store chain in San Fransisco that sold brand name products with minor faults in them (bad seams, missing belt loops etc.). He also owns several buildings in San Fransisco.

source: the Disaster Artist
>>
File: 9T1kgIr.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
9T1kgIr.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>62798084
>his face when
>>
>>62804682
This. I tried it once out of curiosity. It tastes like gasoline.
>>
There's a series on youtube of Tommy playing video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxp83CimT0w
>>
>>62803023
is he the actual Greg narrating the whole thing?
>>
>>62805972
Yes.
>>
>>62805611
awesome
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.