[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All memes aside, what did /tv/ think of Locke?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: locke.jpg (59 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
locke.jpg
59 KB, 400x300
All memes aside, what did /tv/ think of Locke?
>>
>>62794944
I enjoyed his performance, and his character's dedication to taking responsibility.
>>
>>62795011
I agree familia, honestly wonder why so few people know about it.
>>
>>62794944
Some of the writing wasn't that great and I didn't really feel that excited to see what would come next or how he'd figure things out. So basically, the only thing that stimulated me was learning about his backstory and whether or not the baby was gonna die or not just cause that was like the only thing that could've made things more interesting.
>>
>>62794944
>>
>>62794944
Performance was great
Story was okay but I understand that it needed to be what it was because of what this movie was supposed to be.

Overall good not great. Hardy shines a lot more than the script does. A less talented actor as Locke and the whole thing falls right on its face.
>>
Hardy was great.
>>
>>62794944
Overrated as usual. Hardy tried too hard, but the filmmakers didn't give him much to work with and they were pretty lazy, you can see the Range Rover camera car multiple times. TopGear is shot better.
>>
It was pretty boring. I've seen and enjoyed movies like this before but this one just wasn't very interesting. Also, Hardy fucked up his accent completely, he sounded more Indian than Irish. That was jarring throughout the entire movie. Should've just stuck with his normal accent.
>>
>>62794944
> puts memes aside
> It's not me starts playing
>>
>>62795751
He pulls this shit in every movie. Halfway through Mad Max, he starts talking like Bane.
>>
>>62794944
Very good film.
>>
>>62795751
>Irish

he was Welsh you twat
>>
>>62794944
piece of shit
>>
>>62794944
>>
It was great. Considering the whole thing took place in a car it really presented a simple yet effective story. Great performance and comfy atmosphere as well.
>>
I think it might be Hardy's best performance so far.
>>
>>62794944
Bored me to fucking tears.
>>
>>62795751
>Irish
You're either supremely stupid or a gay troll.
>>
It was very "writerly" and learning that Knight directed as well as wrote it didn't help. He's a solid writer, but unchecked he has a habit of crawling up his own ass, and some of the monologues(especially the ones where he's talking to his father/the backseat) were prime examples.

But overall I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>62794944

We think he is a BIG MAN
>>
>>62800654

FOR YOU!
>>
>>62794944
Even I can drive a fucking car. What were they thinking?
>>
>>62794944
there were memes about this film ?.
anyways i really liked that the whole movie is one car drive , they did constraint themselves ut that added a lot to the movie .
best performance i've seen from hardy
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.