[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since some fucking underage janitor decided to delete the Peanuts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: the-peanuts-movie.jpg (263 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
the-peanuts-movie.jpg
263 KB, 1200x627
Since some fucking underage janitor decided to delete the Peanuts Movie thread, here's another. I though this movie was adorable. What were your thoughts on it? Wish it would've used more of Vince's music than the generic score it did use. It's really unfortunate because content-wise it was a very respectful tribute to the classic material.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
BANE!!
>>
File: pe501108.gif (61 KB, 900x187) Image search: [Google]
pe501108.gif
61 KB, 900x187
>>
saw it with my nephews, relatively enjoyed it

good voice casting btw, i think every voice was spot on
>>
>>62791518
Cute as fuck.

The music ranged from bland to fucking atrocious.
>>
>>62791518
In all seriousness this movie was GOAT

At least, in terms of how awful it could have been. The only time they really pandered was with the pop music, and it was just so sweet and cozy. I would go as far as saying that it was my favorite movie of 2015, even better than Inside Out
>>
>>62791561
Casting actual kids for Peanuts is a tradition. They picked basically the best possible kids for the voices. Everyone was spot-on for sounding like the established characters.
>>
File: FeelsComfy.jpg (92 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
FeelsComfy.jpg
92 KB, 409x409
>>62791518
A really comfy movie. I'm not the biggest fan of Blue Sky's work but I tell they love the original material and I can't thank them enough for delivering a pretty faithful film.
>>
>>62791658
I wasn't a huge fan of Peppermint Patty's voice actress, but the rest were fucking phenomenal.

I dunno, felt too grown-up for me.
>>
File: you_know_what__not_bad.gif (879 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
you_know_what__not_bad.gif
879 KB, 245x230
>>62791518
Much better than expected, but it didn't really capture the spirit and atmosphere of the peanuts that well
>>
>>62791830
It captured the spirit just fine. The atmosphere was largely obfuscated by the junky music, though.
>>
Have I ever seen a full episode of Charlie Brown? I don't know. Do I know the theme song, and the name of the christmas special? probably so
>>
File: Snoopy-Happy-Dance.jpg (55 KB, 315x410) Image search: [Google]
Snoopy-Happy-Dance.jpg
55 KB, 315x410
I want a Snoopy movie :3
I also loved how true they stayed to the comic style with little things like the dashed lines and pic related
>>
>>62791518

charlie brown is literally 4chan, the character, of course we would love it
>>
>>62791969
The scene where the lines and stuff stood out to me was when Charlie Brown was in the nurse's office with that little kid, for some reason.

I fucking loved the animation there, but it was great everywhere else too.
>>
File: 1416384365945.jpg (919 KB, 2200x1400) Image search: [Google]
1416384365945.jpg
919 KB, 2200x1400
Lifelong Peanuts fan, I adored it. I didn't find the music as distracting as I thought I would, and I thought bumping up the pace from your typical Peanuts special/movie a little served the story well.

My biggest complaints about Peanuts specials/movies in the past has been shoddy animation and bad voice acting, and this movie went way above and beyond in fixing both of those.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.