[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok anon enough time has passed. You can admit that even with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: intersellar2.jpg (4 MB, 3695x5269) Image search: [Google]
intersellar2.jpg
4 MB, 3695x5269
Ok anon enough time has passed. You can admit that even with a meh story you loved this film from the visuals alone.

It's old news now so you don't have to fear being made fun of.
>>
It's only worth rewatching in (imax) theaters.
>>
theres a gif of mcconaughey falling and its really surreal and trippy, kinda like 2001, i wish someone would post it

kinda sums up how i feel on drugs
>>
>>62790602
>>62790602
I did.

Saw this with my friends in a crowded IMAX (a real one) and we were all blown away. One guy said he had dreamed of some of that stuff. Gave me a good escape from reality, and made me think a bit too.
>>
Look back, there isn't much substance to it.
>>
>>62790602
Wait, that's not a screenshot from Mad Max.
>>
>>62790671
Into the black hole?
>>
>>62790602
I absolutely, unironically love it, and so does everyone of the dozen or so people I've watched it with. The only people I've heard talk shit on it are anonymous memesters on the internet (and movie critics but movie critics are full of shit anyway)
>>
Yeah it's science shit to the max. Which is an issue because in the realm of science fiction we always jump straight into the max. It's never LETS JUST GO TO SPACE.

No we have to go into a quantum vortex and transcend time and hyper cubes and shit. Which is great and all don't get me wrong, and of course seeing this film in imax is a visual master piece beyond anything. Point being when we take shit to the "quantum level" things start to get and or sound retarded. Since Q-physics and mechanics only play a role in theory and the real large hadron collider. Otherwise it all sounds made up.

Of course though, we can't have those nice visuals- Oh wait we can without making a story that A) makes little too no sense without deus ex machina B) black science man has to come and ruin it C) makes you feel super smart when in reality not even the people who made it, let alone the scientists them selves understand what in the fuck is going on. (See: Theory)

Now OP as for you, and this is just personal. Meh isn't a word, it's not a "feeling" it's just something faggot teens came up with to describe their mundane twinky little lives in the early 2000's. If I ever see you use that word again I personally find you and carve it into your fucking chest. If you want to "it was boring" or "didn't really draw me in" that's fine. But the next time I see you use the word Meh, I will find you. and I will hurt you. But go a head and reply.
>>
>>62790998
I know a few autistic kids but they usually don't go on this long
>>
File: 1446723692911.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446723692911.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>62791435
Oh sorry man. Let me give you the typical response.

BLACKED.
or uh wait F A M
or uh. Rare sad frog
or uh here's your reply. Faggot.
>>
Interstellar is the greatest movie ever made desu
>>
>>62790602
>Ok anon enough time has passed. You can admit that even with a meh story you loved this film from the visuals alone.

Seeing Saturn in Imax was spectacular, yes.
>>
>the visuals
that's some textbook pleb-speak right there
>>
I watched it on my girlfriend's 15" laptop and thought it was beautiful. With a more cohesive story it could have been GOAT
>>
>>62790602
The only good visual was the beginning of going through the wormhole. The part inside the wormhole was absolute bullshit, but the change in perspective while entering was completely accurate and badass.
>>
I think the Martian made me appreciate this gem so much more

That flick was fucking garbage
>>
>>62791669
This to be completely honest family.
>>
File: cotd_email_1440446063_00063.jpg (27 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
cotd_email_1440446063_00063.jpg
27 KB, 390x219
>>62790760
the tesseract part, heres a pic, not the webm or gif i was looking for though
>>
>>62790602
Contrary to the memes, I actually like Interstellar until those last thirty minutes or so. That last act was retarded as fuck, but until then the film was actually pretty good.
>>
>>62790602 that scene of them docking the ship was GOAT desu senpai
>>
Nolan's visuals are cold and sterile at best, and only look good superficially and technically, if at all. They are never actually meaningful, expressive, or tied into the theme or story. He makes glorified blockbusters with thoughtful premises, but nothing, including the visuals, makes any of his movies remarkable.

Any director who's actually *known* for his visual acumen shits all over Nolan.
>>
>>62790998
shoehorning in quantum mechanics into anything science related has been a hollywood meme for a good while now.
>>
>>62791623
>>62791633
ooh let's double down on pleb-speak reddit-tier criticisms
>plot matters
>scientific accuracy matters
>DUDE VISUALS LMAO
>>
Fuck hans zimmer for copying phillip glass
>>
Nah, movie is still shit for reddit fags
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.