[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bill Burr's new cartoon on Netflix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: f-is-for-family.jpg (100 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
f-is-for-family.jpg
100 KB, 446x299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFzrvMS6P8g

thoughts? i love bill burr and everything he stands for, but this looks horrible. 1 episode in and this will be stale. i expected better from bill.
>>
>>62785736
As a successful standup comedian you only star in a TV show just to say you "did one" these days. If it's a massive success, more power to you, but there's very little chance of it working.
>>
Looks pretty bad to me. Might get good like some Netflix shows do, but eh. I'm kind of thinking Netflix should focus on making sure fewer shows are better than just having a ton of middling shows.
>>
>>62785736
I trust Burr so I expect this to be good. I think the way the trailer was cut doesn't give it credit.
>>
Bojack Horseman didn't look like something I'd like based on the trailer, but I watched it and enjoyed it. I'll hold my judgement until I've seen one or two episodes.
>>
>>62785851
Shame about the art style though. Why not do live action if they don't have strong cartooning?
>>
>>62785832
>just having a ton of middling shows
i think this is something they''ll have to learn the hard way over the next decade. they're greenlighting shit left and right, and their main motivation isn't quality, but a "fuck you" to network/cable.
>>
File: edd funny face.png (320 KB, 674x668) Image search: [Google]
edd funny face.png
320 KB, 674x668
>>62785736
I kekked. Am I horrible and stale?
>>
>>62785968
it's very possible that you are
>>
File: 1426360558841.jpg (19 KB, 356x437) Image search: [Google]
1426360558841.jpg
19 KB, 356x437
>>62785913
>he thinks Bojack Horseman was enjoyable
>>
File: Go back to reddit.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
Go back to reddit.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>>62785979
Hello reddit.
>>
Why did they animate this?
It could of easily been a live action, multi camera sitcom.
>>
>>62785736
>Bill Burr's new cartoon

Did he ever made cartoons before?
>>
>>62786002
>he's a pleb
>>
File: le pun boy.png (272 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
le pun boy.png
272 KB, 560x560
>>62786026
You mean "could have"?
>>
>>62786020
you're sensitive today anon
>>
nia will kek the show, i guarantee it
>>
>>62785923
So they can do an LSD episode with real actors for le trippy woah dude effect.
>>
>>62785736
Why do all netflix meme cartoons have the same ugly art style?
>>
His character looks like Peter Griffin.
>>
>>62786522
Which looked like homer simpsons.

A rip off of a rip off.
>>
File: lyl.jpg (26 KB, 440x311) Image search: [Google]
lyl.jpg
26 KB, 440x311
>>62786550
>stealing your jokes from the simpsons
>>
>>62786550

But now Homer acts like Peter Griffin.
>>
I want to like it because of Bill Burr. I'll give it a grace period even though it looks like Family Guy in the 70s.
>>
was bill writing for this?
>>
>>62785736
>laura dern and based rockwell

Might give it a watch
>>
>>62786728
yeah he mentioned on the podcast about eating junk food in the writers' room
>>
>>62786584
time has made this doubly retarded.

first, American Dad has carved out its own identity, and has won over people who hate Family Guy.

second, Family Guy is now much much better than current Simpsons. hell, Family Guy has been better than the concurrent Simpsons season since FG s4/Simpsons s17. I'm no FG fanboy, but FG is generally easy to watch and is at least sometimes funny. Simpsons is completely unwatchable.
>>
Anyone else thrown off by the animation? The mouth does not match up to the words well at all.
Hopefully it just looks shit for the trailer because they haven't cleaned it all up yet.
>>
>>62786518
don't knock Lisa Hanawalt*. she's the reason I actually gave Bojack a shot

*for her art. do knock her for her dumb liberal opinions
>>
>>62786756
It's not the mouth animations so much as it is their whole faces. It's all just lazy puppet animation so there is no variation in their expressions.

I bet the lip syncing was even automated.
>>
>>62785736
>stupid title
>father is dressed like Peter Griffin
>>
File: get le out.png (35 KB, 680x516) Image search: [Google]
get le out.png
35 KB, 680x516
>>62786165
Get out, reddit.
>>
>>62785736
F IS FOR FAMILY GUY
>>
>>62786002
>>62786097
>fail to form explained reasoning for hating a show
This is why /tv/ is shit
>>
File: rap battle gif.gif (429 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
rap battle gif.gif
429 KB, 320x240
>>62787643
>I don't know common sense
>>
all you desensitized fucks are gunna ruin this for us civil folk, hopefully this can replace the simpsons
>>
>>62785736
LOL REMEMBER MY CHILDHOOD?
>>
>>62785736
I wish the King of the Hill creators made a new film
>>
>>62788789
This but you know it'll work. It's been working since at least happy days.
>>
>>62785736
probably an assortment of lowest common denominator jokes to draw interest included. i'm not sure what original ideas some of you are looking for. probably drawing idaes from his own childhood of growing up in boston suburbs with a hardass dad himself. who the hell watches adult comedy cartoons for high quality animation? i like burr's shit so i'll give it a shot.
>>
This looks great though
>>
>>62788749
>all you desensitized fucks are gunna ruin this for us civil folk, hopefully this can replace the simpsons
this looks awful
not as bad as current simpsons
but this is life with louie tier bullshit
This is going to go in the "shit cartoon" pile along with The Goode Family, Allen Gregory, and Little Bush
Don't think that because people are reacting to the Dad's overly traditional masculine style of parenting that it's going to be good, because you know, if it makes progressive liberals mad it MUST be good
>>
>>62785923
He is doing one for FX
>>
Visuals look decent (animator here, yeah I have to say that now because cocksuckers jump down my throat because it's not Akira) it's a nice style.

As for the humor? Lets watch it play out. Look when Bob's Burgers came out I thought it was going to be shit JUST from the art style. But then I heard John H. Benjamins voice and it changed everything and the characters became lovable and things were good for a bit. But it became repetitive and I stopped watching it.

This from the trailer looks like
>Yeah REMEMBER MY CHILD HOOD
>Crazy WHACKY references to the 70s
>In show CRAZY WHACKY 70s PREDICATIONS THAT COME TRUE IN THE FUTURE BUT ARE FUNNY BACK THEN BECAUSE AYYY
>pseudo "coming of age plot line thinned throughout"
>Dad learning how to be a dad
>Mom following the norms of the 70s

Now like people are saying, Bojack turned out to be pretty decent season 1 (season 2 killed it pretty hard as well during some pieces)
The Bojack test is simple if you want to get into it; get past the first three episodes and then you're golden.

Yeah I know you shouldn't have to do that but hey.

Anyways Netflix is now a chosen kid because it doesn't need to follow time slots or dead lines really. It's kind of amazing for animators. It's a real shame that in terms of animation for quality animated features this isn't being taken advantage of, I mean if One Punch Man went on Netflix? Not trying to weeb out here, but it could be one of the best animated features of this decade. It's already incredbile because the team is dedicated unlike fucking DBS. Fucking bullshit anyways I digress. Netflix adult animated comedies are hit and miss, but more hit than miss you know?
>>
>>62785736
It's probably going to be shitty for a while and then shift into phenomenal in the middle of it's first season
>>
>>62791298
FUCK you
>>
>>62786755
To be fair, that pic is from 2005 Simpsons. Back when it was somewhat okay.
>>
>>62785736
Holy fuck this looks bad.
>>
>>62791445
Take it back man, that wasn't COOL.
>>
>>62790578
the goode family was pretty good
>>
>>62786749
AH it's fuckin' BRUTAL

DUDE

I'm TELLIN' you

BRUTAL
>>
I'm looking forward to it. Freckles can do no wrong in my eyes and the animation is pretty standard Adult Swim tier but that's not what I'm looking for here.

Even if it's just Bill venting his "I had a shitty childhood" stuff then it has potential because nobody does venting better than Old Freckles ovah there.

I just wish they hadn't used Guardians of the Galaxy theme for the trailer.
>>
>>62791704
I'm sorry
I didn't realize you've been diagnosed with shit taste
>>
I'll check it out bc I love Bills stuff. It doesnt look that good, but it doesnt look horrible either like everyone is saying here
>>
>>62786749
I

go tah tha gym

every day
>>
>>62792088
eh what're you gonna do
>>
>>62786002
Season 1 was probably the most overlooked gem of the last decade.

Season 2 is admittedly shit.
>>
Why do ya lie to the girl was the funniest part. You can't just throw fuck into bad dialogue and make it funny billy boy.
>>
>bill burr
>sam rockwell
>laura dern
>justin long
Not one notable voice actor, but a good cast for a live action deal. Did Dern do some voice acting before this?

Anyway, this show will stand or fall on the writing. The draw of the names involved can only bring an initial audience, after that, it has to be well written or it'll bomb.

I have faith in old Boston Billy, the redheaded cartoon cunt. He's always been funny enough in the past, and this trailer looks pretty cool.
>>
>>62792201
DUDE FUCKIN TOM BRADY LMAO
>>
>>62785736
ahhh cant be smart enough to make comedy welp better put it in some old timeline...
>>
>>62786098
That wasn't a pun you Mexican
>>
>>62785736
Seems fun.
I like the 70s ascetic. I like the realistic family dysfunctional vibe. And I like the comedy.
>>
DUDE BAD WORDS LMAO
>>
>>62785736
>there will never be a cartoon about banter between Nick DiPaolo and Patrice O'Neal that is actually good

It hurts :^(
>>
>>62792773

it was called shorties watching shorites and it sucked

Tough Crowd was the best there ever was though
>>
>>62785736
>>62785736
The Sam Rockwell line was decent and I actually kekked at the "I will throw you through that fucking wall" line.
Everything else was not great.
>>
>>62792773
>it was called shorties watching shorties

I know, that's what I was referring to.

Those two were so funny together, but that show was abysmally awful. Such wasted potential.
>>
>>62792687
>Seems fun.

I'll give it a shot. I'm not a huge fan of 70s based shows but it might work being it's animated. Plus it's not much of a commitment time wise to watch something on netflix anyways.

not like I have to plan or anything, just click and watch.
>>
>>62792870
meant for
>>62792819
>>
>>62785736
I chuckled once, but only because Sam Rockwell is a national treasure
>>
>>62792884
Seems like an easy weekend show. 6 eps a night.
>>
>>62791298
The style is shit. Bob's Burgers had style, these designs are boring and lazy as shit. It's the exact same style of that shit show Tosh had; and while this might not be as trashy, it looks just as unfunny.
>>
>>62792819
Ill always hate comedy central for canceling Tough Crowd
>>
>>62792088
Cuz I do wanna be big ol' fattie
>>
As much as I like Bill Burr I have to admit this looks mediocre. The entire premise and source of all humour looks to be "Hey look how different the 70's were? Remember this?"
>>
Comedy looks mediorce, just a slightly more negative sitcom than usual

none of these people seem like they are used to voice acting

the art style is shit

the animation is shit

I least Bojack has the more emotional and depressed shtick going for it, this will either copy that or just be lame and generic
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.