[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>misquoting it as "Luke, I am your father" >calling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10
File: 1446804872902.jpg (42 KB, 499x501) Image search: [Google]
1446804872902.jpg
42 KB, 499x501
>misquoting it as "Luke, I am your father"
>calling the Imperial March "Vader's theme"
>saying Bobo/Baba Fett
>"Why don't the stormtroopers look the same? I thought they were all clones?"

These things use to really trigger my autism as a kid. Like straight up, I punched a kid because he didn't stop calling the Imperial March as Vader's theme or the Dark Side song even when I corrected him.

Obviously I've cooled down a lot but when I hear one of these it still makes me cringe, especially when it comes from people my age or people who have been alive since the OT first came out. Did any of you get the same way, /tv/?
>>
who ever called him baba fett?
>>
>>62785745
Dumbasses, thats who
>>
Last is a reasonable question for anyone who isn't an EU sperg
>>
>>62785793
No its fucking not dude. They mention the clones have accelerated aging to 2-3 times that of normal humans. Any person with half a brain would realize they all old men and war relics by ANH. Plus, they didnt have Temuera Morrison redub stormtrooper dialogue.
>>
>>62785861
I'm confused, are you inferring that the stormtroopers aren't clones because the clones died due to accelerated aging? Because I'm pretty sure it's implied that all the stormtroopers and snowtroopers and other variations are all clones that had continued to be manufactured since the Clone Wars.
>>
>>62786001
Nah, Clones were phased out by A New Hope.
>>
>>62785861
Yeah they definitely can't make more clones. That would be crazy
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 510x705) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 510x705
>>62786180
>the darth side
>>
>>62786135
Then why arent officers clones? :^)
>>
>>62786347
what is this webm trying to show
>>
File: 1447575247943.jpg (88 KB, 720x318) Image search: [Google]
1447575247943.jpg
88 KB, 720x318
>>62786180
>Hans Olo
>>
>>62786447
>Anne Solo
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 630x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 630x280
>>62786447
>Princess Leeya
>>
ITT: manchildren arguing over a soap opera set in space made for kids

embarrassing, family
>>
>>62785719
>calling the Imperial March "Vader's theme"
who's theme is it? is it the theme of hans solo?
>>
>>62786535
>Imperial March
>Imperial
>HURR WHO THEME IS IT?

its just a broad theme for the empire
>>
>>62785719

People thought storm troopers were clones when you were a kid? Are you 15?
>>
>>62786658
I was in 4th grade when attack of the clones came out, 22 now
>>
>General Grievance
>Master Yoga
>>
>>62786658
zing burn badum tiss
>>
>>62786447
fuck, I'm gonna pronounce it that way now

and people will never catch me
>>
>>62786658
>clone wars came out 30 years ago
>>
>calling "Duel of the fates" "dun dun dattle at dun dun dattle at....BWAAAAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA"
>>
>>62786658
Clone Wars predates the prequals. Maybe you're not old enough to know that those of us who were old enough to care, also read comic books.
>>
>>62786507
>implying this didn't turn into a top notch wordplay thread within seconds
>>
That's fantastic. Meanwhile I'm making my girlfriend cum for the third time today with my penis.
>>
Calling Shostakovich's theme "imperial match''
TRIGGERED
>>
>>62786864
>third time

Holy shit, are you happy about that, kid? I can make my GF cum five times in about five minutes.
>>
>>62786864
I'm lmaoing at your life kid, I made ur gf cum 4 times in half the time it took you and still ready 4 more, son
>>
File: 1370754189133.jpg (161 KB, 534x627) Image search: [Google]
1370754189133.jpg
161 KB, 534x627
>>62786786
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
File: 1438571254213a.jpg (26 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
1438571254213a.jpg
26 KB, 393x393
>>62786864

>he's taking a break from screwing
>to shitpost on a Star Wars autism thread
>because that's what alphas do
>"Whew! Gotta take a break. Let's see what those 4chin betas are up to!"
>"Okay. I'll be here waiting. When you're ready to make me cum again."

These are things that actually happen. You may not believe it, but they do.
>>
>>62786702

No wonder this board sucks. I graduated college a week before the movie came out.
>>
File: 19gesjajnasatjpg.jpg (572 KB, 750x819) Image search: [Google]
19gesjajnasatjpg.jpg
572 KB, 750x819
>>62785719
the imperial march is Vaders theme, thats why the light harp version plays when he redeems himself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imperial_March

>"The Imperial March" is sometimes referred to simply as "Darth Vader's Theme."

>"The Imperial March," also called "Darth Vader's Theme,"

Also they use it before the empire whenever anakin does anything shady as foreshadowing
>>
>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg
>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness
>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg
>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin
>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu
>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky
>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
Alan Moore
>>
>>62786347
Gahhhhhh... muh triggers.

As for the clone/stormtrooper thing, even after AotC and RotS I always thought it silly that every soldier would continue to be cloned after one guy. Weaknesses would certainly be exposed eventually and there's no real reason NOT to bolster the ranks with conventional soldiers, for cannon fodder if nothing else.

Another theory I've had, which I like and makes a good deal of sense to me, is that even if they continued the widespread use of clones they would find different subjects to use as templates. So instead of having ten million clones of one guy we might have one hundred thousand clones of one guy, a thousand of another, five hundred of another, etc. A clone whose most useful at storming a hill or trudging through snow might not be as well suited for standing firewatch or have the top notch reflexes to pilot a speeder.
>>
File: sheev breaking the 4th wall.jpg (17 KB, 541x559) Image search: [Google]
sheev breaking the 4th wall.jpg
17 KB, 541x559
>>62786180
>lifesaver
>>
File: 1416014789015s.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1416014789015s.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>62785719
>use to
>>
>>62785719
HOTHEAD
>>
File: Darth_Maul_profile[1].png (785 KB, 653x816) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Maul_profile[1].png
785 KB, 653x816
>Dark Mall
>>
>>62785719
this makes you cringe op?

this thread makes me cringe
>>
>>62787739
>>62787323
>>62786507
Oh look, he posted it again.

Action movies are often the greatest movies ever made, but they never receive the praise from 'patricians' because all you so called patricians are simply contrarians that don't enjoy blockbusters. To the guy with the quotes, every single person you've quoted are pseudo-patricians that don't understand film. They (and likely you) think Ebert and Siskel were good critics, and now probably listen to the opinions of someone like fucking Kermode or RLM. You need to fuckoff and understand that the best movies are often those that lack clear intent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulgar_auteurism
>>
>>62788494

Dark Mole
>>
>>62788533
George Lucas and Alec Guiness are pseudo-patricians that don't understand film? Do you know what thread you're in? The kind of people that take sci-fi/fantasy seriously are the people who would punch somebody for not knowing the name of a piece of star wars music. Grow up.
>>
>>62789490
>who would punch somebody for not knowing the name of a piece of star wars music.

Yes I would, because if you are in a debate with me about Star Wars, then you likely made a claim that you are knowledgeable about the topic, if not I wouldn't be debating it with you.

>grow up

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
>>
>>62785719
>people thinking clones come from "El Camino" instead of from Spaarti Cloning Cylinders
>>
>people thought obi wan was actually OB-1 and he was a droid
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.