[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
were The Simpsons too ahead of their time? https://www.you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: lisa-the-feminist.png (128 KB, 366x368) Image search: [Google]
lisa-the-feminist.png
128 KB, 366x368
were The Simpsons too ahead of their time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGu3ZLh3lXM
>>
>>62783545
no
>>
>>62783545
>copying your episodes from monthy python sketches
>>
>>62783545
I'm trying to imagine how that scene would go in modern simpsons

>lisa: that's right boys, a girl wants to play!
>flanders: well i don't know, the bible doesn't support the interaction of boys and girls in sports
>bart: yeah lisa, besides, won't these pig skins offend you? oink oink!
>milhouse: look guys, it's ariana grande! what's she doing here
>ariana: I'm just here to say that girls can be every bit as good as boys *does a somersault into a cartwheel and kicks milhouse in the face*
>milhouse: my glasses!
>flanders: well gosh darn it, i'm convinced
>lisa: but i can't support playing sports with pigskins, can i?
>ariana: here you go lisa, it's a 100% synthetic football and all profits go towards supporting planned parenthood clinics
>lisa: wow thanks ariana!
>ariana: no problem lisa. now, who wants to hear my latest single?
>everyone: we do!
>bart: i guess chicks can be cool sometimes
>>
>>62783749
holy shit this does sound like a zombie simpsons episode
>>
>>62783749
You could be a writer for zombie simpsons.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eus2GCvBiKY

Not to mention "your tears say more than real evidence ever could" in "Homer Badman".
>>
File: 1410833846474.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1410833846474.png
342 KB, 394x394
>>62783749

I heard the voices in my head
>>
>>62783848
I'VE BEEN CALLED A GREASY THUG TOO
>>
>>62783545
Football Lisa? Liked it better when I saw Little Giants. That chick was bangable, son.
>>
>>62783773
>>62783816
>Zombie Simpsons
>this dialogue-heavy

As if they can get celebrities for this long. A celebrity would teleport into the scene, make one joke referencing their career, a musical cue would play, then it would cut to the next scene without any resolution.
>>
The other day I watched The Simpsons for the first time in probably 15 years. It was a crossover episode with Futurama. It permanently ruined both series for me.
>>
>>62783545
>too ahead of their time

stop bringing your partisanship into everything, that was just a commentary on the human nature of us all, an attempt to present a more complete and realistic of Lisa's character. I understand how you viewd it as a take on liberal ethics, sometimes humans are like that. What the writers wanted to present was that Lisa was not actually hollier than thou, or even how some people are behind causes to validate their egos.
>>
>>62783848
I hope you realise that Ms. Hoover is the voice of conservatism in that scene. And she was presented as NOT GOOD.
>>
>>62783986
That wasn't a bad episode.

Gimmick aside, it had some good meta jokes (it even referenced Life in Hell) and it was nice to hear the Futurama voice actors again.

Not that it was a good episode overall, but this is what passes for an OK episode of The Simpsons now.
>>
File: 1427322116249.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1427322116249.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
MOOOOM BARTS RAPING ME AGAIN
>>
>>62783749
It's scary how dead on with how hackneyed the show is now that was. But I don't think the Simpsons was "ahead" of it's time by any stretch. I think it was progressive, and what your seeing now is the show being written by a generation that grew up listening to those progressive ideas and running with them way too far.

They had a saying in the writer's room durring the golden years to the effect of "no matter what insane thing happens in any given episode at the end of the day the core of what this show is about is a family that loves each other." And they've really gotten away from that.
>>
>were The Simpsons too ahead of their time?

No. It's called cycles.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.