[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, this is unexpectedly good. Anybody else watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (359 KB, 1541x1157) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
359 KB, 1541x1157
Holy shit, this is unexpectedly good. Anybody else watching? What's your opinion? I expected some low-tier shallow trash made only to cash-in on pop culture obsession and I got a pretty cool little show?
>>
It's fine.
>>
The demon in the latest episode was great
>>
It's pretty good. I hope they just do one little self contained season instead of dragging it out or anything though.
>>
>>62783373
Its already renewed for a season 2. Theres rumors the next season'll cross over with the remake.
>>
>unexpectedly
huh? why wouldn't it be good with Raimi's heavy involvement? It's everything i hoped it will be - funny, gory, scary, etc.

>>62783365
Yeah, design was done 100 times before, but those little movements that he was making were cool as fuck. Pretty great use of practical effects as well, when they were summong it i was afraid it'll be some CGI shit
>>
Based Bruce
>>
>>62783504
How often does reviving a dead franchise with an aging actor turn out well?
>>
>>62783504
IMO the second and third episodes are better than the pilot that Raimi worked on.
>>
>>62783285
I agree with this. Pretty good show so far.
>>
>>62783285
>unexpectedly good

but its shit though?
>>
File: eligos.png (199 KB, 638x361) Image search: [Google]
eligos.png
199 KB, 638x361
>>62783285
>Anybody else watching?
Of course I'm fucking watching.

>>62783413
Holy shit seriously? Because I remember they were planning for a movie with that, but that was back when they were also planning on a fourth movie with Ash, before they'd decided on a series.

I hope this is more than a rumor.

>>62783504
>why wouldn't it be good with Raimi's heavy involvement?
I'll be completely honest with you, his Spider-Man movies weren't exactly what I'd call "good."

This has been great though. I mean, to be fair, Campbell was the best thing about those movies.
>>
Someone post webms of the demon.
>>
>>62783504

The demon was too slow in cooking their brains, looked pathetic. A true demon would snap his fingers (or other appendages) and the victim's head would explode instantly.
>>
>>62783616
Nope, it's great. Stop posting you fucking moron.
>>
>>62783704
Well, like they said, it was supposed to be the weakest fucking demon they could find.
>>
>>62783534
>How often does reviving a dead franchise with an aging actor

Even with out the aging actor part, just trying to revive a dead franchise tend to flop..

Ash vs Evil Dead has turned out great. It kind of sucks that I'm sure starz is going to keep it locked away on their shitty little network ondemand or whatever.
Just means less will be able to see it. It's not a ground breaking level show or anything but it is a fun to watch.

30min time limit helps too. They don't have a lot to work with here so better to have Ash kick some ass quickly and move on to the next ep.
>>
I'm don't have an impression one way or the other of right now.
Could probably go either way.
>>
>>62783704

Anyone else find the shots of their brain cells getting killed creepy as fuck. Just the idea of shit like that being done to your brain nopes me way more than pretty much anything.
>>
>>62783648
>>62783534
Even if you don't like his big-budget stuff, his horror sense is still great, Drag Me to Hell was a blast. The second guy in episode 3 started drawing pentagram on the floor i knew it's gonna be good because exorcist scene in Drag Me to Hell was fucking hilarious
>>
How would this be for someone that found the films ok, but not amazing like everyone says
>>
>>62784032

You like Bruce Campbell regardless? Well he's worth the price of admission.
>>
>>62783998
But that's exactly what happens when you drink or smoke weed though.
>>
>>62783717
>likes Evil Dead: The Starz Series
>calls other people morons

Wow you really are stupid
>>
>>62784032
It's enjoyable if you're not a huge fan of the movies, show is really fun
>>
>>62785941
>posts contrarian thoughts on an image board for the sake of it
I hope your dog gets hit by a car and takes long, agonising hours to die.
>>
File: flick.webm (3 MB, 852x478) Image search: [Google]
flick.webm
3 MB, 852x478
>that one redditor who posts in every ash thread about how he hates the show
way to bump the thread :)
>>
>>62783534
Rocky Balboa turned out pretty good and Creed looks promising. On the flip side you have the terminators and just about everything else I suppose.
>>
>>62786297
I don't get it, the blood around his neck looked fine, but the blood that jumps at the screen when she uses the knife looks totally fake. This show is shit.
>>
>>62785895
>smokes weed
>summons demons
>loses brain cells

Pottery
>>
File: colbert.webm (3 MB, 746x418) Image search: [Google]
colbert.webm
3 MB, 746x418
>>
>>62786637
Nailed the mannerisms, now all he has to do is be painfully unfunny and he could take Colbert's job right now.
>>
i really really really like this show so far :^)
>>
great series so far, all the women characters except Lucy Lawless need to go asap
>>
>>62786710
If you watch the video he actually is pretty unfunny. He was put on the spot, but still.
>>
>>62783704
You have autistic anime teenager sensibilities. More is not better.
>>
I for one would like to welcome our vertigo nausea overlord back.
>>
It's kinda meh. Humour can be very dumb and cringeworthy and the supporting cast (the mexican guy and the jew girl) is pretty bad.
But I watch it.
>>
As a diehard fan of the movie series I thought the show looked like it was going to be garbage. I was very wrong. It's much better than I thought it would be. It's not pure horror like the original, but that was to be expected. It does have plenty enough horror though, with interesting demon designs. Also, for the first time, Evil Dead is making me laugh. Sure, ED2 and AoD were full of one-liners and occasionally had chuckle worthy moments, but this show actually has jokes. I'm very impressed with the show.
>>
>>62789133

It's sad because you can totally see the change of director from ep1 to the later ones.
It's still good though.
>>
File: 1434412087895.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
1434412087895.gif
174 KB, 299x240
I like it a lot, so many physical effects. Though some of their choices for digital blood/gore is a little stupid. Still really enjoyable television.
>>
Just posting to recommend If Chins could kill audiobook by Bruce Campbell. Has a lot about the production of evil dead and its great
>>
>>62789206
>the mexican guy and the jew girl

they are the best part of the show, fuck off.
shit would be boring otherwise
>>
>>62786637
https://youtu.be/lbuMPeuUZlM

Kelly's actress is pretty good at impressions as well. Hubba.
>>
>>62791841
keked at julia lewis
>>
>iolaus from hercules is directing several episodes this season
>joe loduca is doing the background music
they really did get the entire xena crew back together
>>
>>62783534
Twin Peaks is gonna be at least weird.
I trust David.
>>
>>62783285

The series seems aimless so far.

I hate shows where there's a monster of the week and never any plot advancement.
>>
>>62783285
good show
brings entertainment
but the pandering to sjw is not necessary and kind of cringe
>>
>>62792890
how are they pandering?
>>
>>62793105
It's not.
>>
>>62786637
Colbert does a good Donald Rumsfeld as Liberace.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.