[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Conversation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Was he morally obligated, after finishing the tape, to attempt to stop what he perceived to be potential for murder?

Also, do you think he was always this OCD or was this an effect of the "controversy" he may have caused years earlier?
>>
>>62783052
>Was he morally obligated, after finishing the tape, to attempt to stop what he perceived to be potential for murder?

Probably.

>Also, do you think he was always this OCD or was this an effect of the "controversy" he may have caused years earlier?

I don't know.
>>
This was THE most boring shit I ever forced myself to sit through.
>>
>>62783167
You just have shit taste anon.
>>
>>62783184
I concur.
>>
>>62783167
have you seen like 10 movies total or something
>>
No, he had no obligation to interact with anyone else in any way. It's about living in cities, you interact with people in disconnected ways as a member of society, but you have no obligation to interfere with their lives. With so many humans in one place, a doctrine of social interference will cause you to inspire more chaos in the lives of others. If you can't be certain your influence will have a net benefit for them, you can't justify intruding up on their freely chosen way to live.

In urban living, you can be forced by circumstances to share the same time and space as thousands of other people. If you share the same degree of separation with all those people, you must interact with them all equally, as the justification for influencing one person's living experience is as momentous as the next. But you can't give equal time to every person with whom you share a degree of separation of that magnitude with, because there are only so many seconds in a day. Even if you could dedicate some time to each person, it wouldn't be enough to get a real sense of who they are, that would take hours in the least. Without that human connection, you have no justification for human concern for each other. You can only justify living your lives in isolation in spite of being forced to share time and space because of arbitrary and meaningless circumstances. To take an interest in another's life based on such arbitrary circumstance is to give up control of your life over to chaos.

Caul's passion was finding the signal in the noise, he cannot bring himself to give over control of his quest for meaning in life over to this chaos.
>>
>>62783254
this desu
>>
File: 1920_blow-out.jpg (418 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1920_blow-out.jpg
418 KB, 1920x800
>>62783052
What is some essential surveillance core?

top of my head

1.The Conversation
2.Blow Out
3.Red Road
4. The Lives of Others
5. Rear Window
>>
File: fuck it all.jpg (13 KB, 605x341) Image search: [Google]
fuck it all.jpg
13 KB, 605x341
>>62783167
I am genuinely sorry to read that you have ADHD.

You have my condolences.
>>
This movie probably has the best build up to a jump scare ever.
>>
>>62783558
the entire time he's at the hotel almost feels like a different movie, like it's a fucking horror film or something
>>
>>62783327
French Connection right up until the car chase
>>
>>62783327
High and Low sort of but not really but meh
>>
>>62783052
I've wanted to see this for a long time. Glad to see it's on Netflix.
>>
>>62783327
Blowup to an extent
>>
>>62783052

fucker ain't getting his security deposit back, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>62783167
Ah, the Marvel generation
>>
>>62783167
>This was THE most boring shit I ever forced myself to sit through.

Isn't there some capeshit out in theaters or Digital HD™ rental for only $5.99?
>>
>>62783327
Enemy of the State
>>
>>62783327
Red Road is goat.
>>
>>62785060
topkek
>>
>first scene is him not letting people into his apartment
>last scene is him tearing up the place

bravo coppola, poetry in motion
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.