[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Last Kingdom general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: ubbabugga wer da saxon women at.jpg (443 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ubbabugga wer da saxon women at.jpg
443 KB, 1024x576
So, was it just me or was the last episode pretty shit
>>
File: 68524.jpg (108 KB, 309x475) Image search: [Google]
68524.jpg
108 KB, 309x475
I just wish they'd do Cornwell's Warlord Trilogy as a mini-series.
>>
>>62780010
Personally I thought the whole Uthred being enchanted by this random shadow queen to be completely unbelievable. Furthermore I couldn't believe how Uhtred was naieve enough to think he could speak to Alfred and not face the consequences of his crime. And what is with this whole duel to the death? This episode reeks of bad writing
>>
>>62780616
You wouldn't fuck a Welsh girl, anon?
>>
>>62780759
I thought she was Cornish
>>
>>62780828
I thought she was from Powys and had been kidnapped, but Cornish is close enough.
>>
Uhtred is a pretty uneven character. In one episode he cares more about seeing his wife and son than claiming credit for winning a decisive battle. In another episode he doesn't give react the slightest when his wife and son leave him and seems to care more about getting rich and getting his lands back.
>>
>>62780828
>>62780887
Mind informing the rest of the class as to some of the notable differences between these two?

Only experience with Welsh is that they innately sound Downsie and that their native tongue has more vowels than the human tongue was meant to chain in a single sentence.
>>
>>62780960
I sort of understand how his priorities change, it just feels like they've crammed them into too small time period. This episode alone seemed like something that should've been events happening over multiple episodes.
>>
File: charlie.jpg (17 KB, 180x245) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
17 KB, 180x245
Who wouldn't?

I would
>>
File: a9r9X1.jpg (137 KB, 879x577) Image search: [Google]
a9r9X1.jpg
137 KB, 879x577
It fucking sucked, the first couple of eps were OKish but the shitty costumes were a red flag, now it is just gone completely shit.

Why is Uhtred even stupider in the show than the book? Did the budget not stretch to a single fucking boat for them to go raiding in?
What happened to Uhtreds tenure as commander of Alfred's fleet? Why was the Cornish village like a fucking new age hippy commune full of dreadlock manbuns and tie-dye khaftans? Why completely change the events at Peredurs hall? Why is language totally ignored, when it is pretty important in a deception like pretending to be Danes? Why replace Svein with Skorpa? Why replace Haesten with Athelwold? Why is Athelwold a short ugly unlikable prick? Why merge Steapa and Leofric?

None of this is streamlining, its either totally arbitrary or completely detrimental to future plot events.

Vikings annoyed me because of the historical inaccuracy and timeline, I thought a Bernard Cornwall adaption would be OK, but if anything it is even worse.

Uhtred having to teach saxons to make a shield wall? A three tier shield wall? SQUARE SHIELDS? KITE FUCKING SHIELDS!?
>>
>>62780010
Shit show, good books
>>
>>62780616
>couldn't believe how Uhtred was naieve enough to think he could speak to Alfred and not face the consequences of his crime

Why? He has done this in every single episode since meeting the man. He never learns anything. He has the mentality of a fucking child he still acts the exact same way he did when he was 10.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.