[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Anon? It&#
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12
File: crazy-ex-girlfriend-poster.jpg (220 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
crazy-ex-girlfriend-poster.jpg
220 KB, 440x640
Why aren't you watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Anon? It's fucking phenomenal, best new comedy in years, probably since Rick & Morty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIJKuxzWAGs
>>
bumpity bump bump bump

seriously it's so fucking good
>>
>probably since Rick & Morty.

Thanks for saving me the 45 minutes, buddy.
>>
>>62780005
Fuck off, the first season of Rick & Morty was mostly excellent, and there's been a dearth of genuinely good comedies in recent years since the NBC comedies died.
>>
>best new comedy in years
>best since a comedy from a year ago
>>
>>62780169
1. Rick & Morty premiered in 2013, bro.
2. That's not the point bro.
>>
>>62779362
No thanks I don't watch basic cable garbage aside from Arrow Flash and Gotham. Everything is else is manufactured shlock.
>>
File: based.jpg (66 KB, 295x418) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
66 KB, 295x418
>jew girl lead chasing some ugly chink
>song and dance numbers
>full of feminism and SJW shit

You're not fooling anyone shill.
>>
>>62780005
came in to post this
>>
>>62780515
CW isn't basic cable, it's broadcast, and it was developed for Showtime before it moved to The CW. It's the most batshit thing on broadcast TV since, well, The Last Man on Earth pilot.

Also:
>superhero shows not being manufactured schlock
>>
>>62779362
Looks awful
>>
>>62779362
i remember this girl from a shitty music video she made years ago about wanting to fuck ray bradbury. definitely not watching.
>>
>>62780593
>implying everyone is /pol/tard

Plus the songs are fucking great.
>>
>>62779362
>comedy rap

there is no lower form of humor
>>
>>62780687
Are you the same c.uck that tried getting people here to watch GLEE and Jane the Virgint too?
>>
File: IMG_91202782731598.jpg (49 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_91202782731598.jpg
49 KB, 600x600
>successful white girl lawyer
>quits job and moves from NY to LA suburb to chase asian guy who treats her like shit since they were kids

I watched the first episode on Hulu and it was entertaining watching the asian guy kek the white girl
>>
>>62780713
They constantly do different genres, they were going to have to do rap sooner rather than later. Besides, I'd argue it's pretty good and they nail the juxtaposition.

>>62780764
Nah. Glee was mostly terrible (I watched the first three seasons) and I haven't watched Jane (although I hear it's pretty good). This is much more in my wheelhouse than either.

The last show I spammed here was Rick & Morty in its early episodes before it really took off, because its ratings were touch-and-go for a while.
>>
>>62780764
>somebody is not the same target audience as I am ;_;

STOP LIKING THINGS PEOPLE
>>
Wow this looks awful
>>
>>62779362
why would you post this shitty fucking music video instead of something that would actually make people want to watch the show?
>>
Anyway, some more songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8jU2oQTy5Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmbLB4OIuao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3FPrI_Cuw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brzZQBSVMX0

Weirdly, some of the jokes remind me of South Park.
>>
>>62780879
Because the songs are the easiest part to digest and work independently from the show? I love the musical elements, which don't usually work on broadcast TV but they're as catchy as fuck and genuinely funny.

>>62780856
I'm not in the target demo for this show either.
>>
File: 1436384096609.jpg (48 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
1436384096609.jpg
48 KB, 500x344
>>62779362
> this thread
someone comes in excited about something and /tv/ rips it apart, all the while op tries to save face and defend the show because he's personally invested now, his pleb taste on the line, and with each reply the enthusiasm drains from him until he questions why he even made the thread, why he even comes here and fucks off back to reddit

my favorite threads tbqh
>>
>>62780941
the independence from the show is pretty much what i'm taking up issue with. nothing about that video really motivated me to learn more of the show, just forced me to test the threshold at which i'd close the video before the song ended.
>>
File: 1447657393094.png (174 KB, 591x392) Image search: [Google]
1447657393094.png
174 KB, 591x392
>>62780902
These are fucking abhorrent. Musical comedy needs to be wiped from the earth.
>>
>>62781000
top kek

earnestness has no place on this site
>>
This show appeals to Broadway gays and theater girls and absolutely NOBODY else, it's like it hoped that it'll become new Glee and failed miserably

She must be living in the own small bubble of the same Broadway-obsessed jerkoffs to think that this would be a sucess
>>
>>62781000
Nah, I always guessed the show would be a hard sell to people here, but, hey, I'm willing to defend it because it's fucking great and like nothing else on TV, plus no-one is watching it because of the title and The CW fucking up the marketing and it being as weird as fuck, so I'm going to be sad when it's canceled.

It's basically exactly in tune with my taste, whether that's shitty or otherwise. I like dark fucked up comedies and I fucking love the ridiculously earwormy comedy musical numbers.
>>
>>62781137
I'm neither gay nor a theater girl and I love the fuck out of it. I actually think it's a bit crude and off-putting to theater girls desu, the humor reminds me of shit like South Park, Peep Show that appealed to men.

I mean, I never thought it would be a success because it's too fucking weird but still.
>>
>>62781242
what's so weird about it?
>>
>>62781242
You are either a faggy little twink or a fat bitch. stop trying
>>
>>62781335
It's a dark hour-long twisted romantic comedy about a mentally ill woman essentially obsessively stalking her ex from a decade ago. Oh, and it has comedy musical numbers.

That's not a broadcast television show.
>>
>>62781428
i'd probably give it a chance if it didn't have the musical numbers.
>>
>>62781417
lol, no. I'm a nerd in my 20s. I just like comedy.
>>
>>62781242
>that appealed to men
She made a sing and dance show with a bunch of her theater friends who nobody knows and thought that it's going to appeal to men? If anything, the fact that it's "bit crude and off-putting to theater girls" mean that it doesn't appeal to ANYBODY, dudes are never going to watch a show like this and apparently it's too edgy for theater girls
>>
>>62781481
>I just like comedy.

clearly not
>>
>>62781480
Meh, suit yourself. I think they're really well done, genuinely funny and catchy as shit.

Then again, I liked Bloom's YouTube stuff before the TV series. I Steal Pets and Nobody Will Watch The Tony Awards With Me both had solid jokes and were weirdly compelling to watch. They aren't that far from South Park: The Movie tbqfh. They aren't shitty wry "musical theatre" comedy, they're crude with actual jokes.

>>62781509
Oh, sure, the show appeals to nobody, I agree. That's kind of my point. It was always utterly doomed as a TV series. It's still fucking good, though.

That said, I think The CW could have made their marketing less off-putting than it is. It's like they're *trying* to put everybody off the show.
>>
>>62779362
>chick show

Pass.
>>
>>62781137
They took a musical-obsessed theater chick with a man's dark, dry and crude sense of humour, gave her a half-hour Showtime pilot, and then the show got picked up by The CW as a hour-long broadcast show. The result is suitably odd.
>>
File: Lovely.jpg (13 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Lovely.jpg
13 KB, 300x225
>>62781972
>musical-obsessed theater chick with a man's dark, dry and crude sense of humour

So it's another "if men do it, it's chauvinistic, but if women do it, it's progressive" type of show?

No thanks.
>>
File: 51kYWAWg7YL._SX940_.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
51kYWAWg7YL._SX940_.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
does op like this medieval comedy musical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayzw6htpi2Y
>>
>>62782339
I'm glad that creator of this show is taking over The Muppets, it's a perfect fit. And IIRC before that he worked on Neighbors, which wasn't great, but it had some good moments, including musical episode. I just hope he's not too late and people still watch The Muppets by the time his episodes start
>>
>>62779362
i'm going to some tv studios and pitching some comedy sitcoms today.

1. Manic Pixie Dream Girl
2. Damsel in Distress
3. Madonna and Whore
4. Significant Other
5. Independent Woman who Needs No Man

I expect many of them to be green lit, and I can show run them all, so send in your resume's guys and I'll hook you up with a cushy do nothing job.
>>
>>62782252
Uhhh what? It's a bit like South Park, Peep Show, 30 Rock, Adult Swim that sort of thing. It's not gentle character-based stuff, like family sitcoms and shit, it's hard cringe and crude comedy. Except with singing and more women. There's a bit of muh feminism but it's kind of fun because it feels fresh for it to be dealt with in this way.

Anyway, got to go. Just tried to get people interested while it is still on. I predict it will get cancelled soon and blow up on Netflix in a few years because it's so different.
>>
File: More lovely.jpg (17 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
More lovely.jpg
17 KB, 300x225
>>62782591
>Except with singing and more women.

That sounds every bit as horrible as I imagined the show would be, thanks for confirming my suspicions.
>>
>>62782339
I thought it was a bit disappointing. A really liked the premise and trailer but thought the show kind of squandered it.

Also kind of find Menken to be overated as a songwriter, and him not doing Frozen was key to it being more successful than Tangled. That said, I do like the Tangled soundtrack a lot...
>>
>>62779362
Obvious shill is obvious.
Fuck off.
>>
>>62780643
(looks at poster)
(wipes cheeto dust off of fingers)
(shitposts unwanted unpopular opinion)

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>62782784
No shit.

Nobody writes this coherently >>62782591
on this board.
>>
>>62780902
I see. This is one of those "millennial" comedies that no one with half a brain would find funny
>>
>>62782805
haha anyone that thinks the poster looks awful must be a cheeto inhaling neckbeard haha, watch my show guys haha
>>
>>62782784
Autist logic:

>I don't like it, therefore it is shit/being shilled/Reddit

Kill yourself immediately
>>
File: Boo hoo.jpg (5 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
Boo hoo.jpg
5 KB, 268x188
But guise...c'mon....it's 2015 already...watch my show guise!
>>
>>62779362
I make a point out of deliberately avoiding whatever the shills of /tv/ recommend.
>>
>>62782873
I don't even know enough about the show you're shilling to have an opinion on it, faggot.
What's the pay like anyway?
>>
>>62782863
>>62782952
>>62782988
ITT: Faggots
>>
>>62783070
Are you too autistic to understand?

Autist logic:

>I don't like it, therefore it is shit/being shilled/Reddit

Stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>62783108
Shillyshillyshilly doesn't like being called out ;3
>>
>>62783157
>;3

Yeah, I had a creeping suspicion that you were a tremendous faggot, and consider that you have already been supremely BTFO, this argument is over.
>>
>musical comedy
I'd rather kill myself desu
>>
>>62783189
>mad shill is mad
If you can't take the heat, m80...
>>
>>62779362
when white women rap it is funny

i enjoy this comedy program

women are good comedians
>>
i don't get it. how will this show help me get a gf
>>
>>62783189
>repeats himself like a retard when his argument has been refuted
>supremely BTFO
I think we know who the real autist is here
>>
>63 / 8 / 27

I smell a shill :^)
>>
>>62783334
You're not even trying.
You don't even believe in what you're saying.
Why do you do this to yourself?
It is truly a sad sight to behold.
>>
File: 1404960044641.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1404960044641.png
14 KB, 500x500
The female demographic is ruining television.
>>
>Bloom grew up in Manhattan Beach, California,[5] the daughter of Shelli (née Rosenberg) and Alan Bloom.[1] She is from a Jewish family.[6][7]
>>
>>62779362
Because I don't watch tv, it's all shit.
>>
File: 1447035902821.jpg (13 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1447035902821.jpg
13 KB, 228x221
Has anybody seen the viewer numbers?
This shit is confirmed canned after its season ends
Stop being so desperate, shill, nothing can save this show
>>
>>62779362
Is that video supposed to be funny? Fucking millennials.
>>
I'm horny for panties. How much panties is in this show?
>>
It looks fucking terrible

>But it-it's like vulgar cringe humor guise!?

Those are not marks in its favor
>>
>>62779362
Why do women feel they must be vulgar and sexual to be funny. It's pretty fucking sad.
>>
>>62784232
>he posted on a vulgar are sexualised chink image board.
>>
>>62784226
But girls cursing and talking about sex!
>>
>>62784260
We're talking about when girls do it, not guys It's fucking disgusting hearing a girl talk about how she'll drain some guys scrotum.

>muh double standard
Yeah, women and men are different.
>>
Shills
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
Rachel Bloom had maybe one good parody song and that was it.

And it was weirdly nominated for a major sci-fi award.
>>
the female lead just isnt attractive enough to be a lead in a TV show.
>>
>>62784308

They do it because some self hating bitches managed to convince a lot of other females that they'd be happier, and get more "respect", if they acted like men, instead of women.
>>
I think it's a rule of thumb that women are only funny when they're not trying to be funny. There aren't really any funny women per se, but there are women that do funny thungs.
>>
File: Blast you gravity.gif (2 MB, 269x299) Image search: [Google]
Blast you gravity.gif
2 MB, 269x299
>>62784524
>>
>>62784704
I'd fuck that fatty.
>>
>>62784397
>things gaybois say
>>
>Ex-girlfriend
>People after class discussing stuff
>They mention how they think of that one crazy "ex" or the one "ex" they still think of.
>They ask me what I think
Why would I watch this?

Also
>Rick and Morty
So it's Reddit: the indie flick
>>
she's got nice tits, does she flaunt them on the show?
>>
>>62780902
Abominable..are they going for the garfunkle and Oates crowd?
>>
It's not too bad, but the musical numbers are unbearable. Main girl is a qt as well.
>>
>>62779362
>Rick & Morty.
how to spot the underage/leddit/etc
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.