[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 679x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 679x478
>>
>>62778199

It would have been better anon if you'd posted a couple stills of the garbage skip as the camera pans round the corner of the diner first, so as to pique people's interest before dropping the flayed crone bomb
>>
The new Criterion blu-ray is fucking awesome
>>
File: inlandempire.jpg (37 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
inlandempire.jpg
37 KB, 640x347
That shit is barely scary. Sure, it was built up to be the most horrifying thing in existence, but it's JUST a dirty hobo.

THIS shit, on the other hand, is so horrifying and unsettling that I can't even look at it for an extended period of time.
>>
>>62778351
why
>>
>>62778410
Dirty hobos are scary. My first lover was a dirty hobo.
>>
>>62778475
remastered in 4k, more detail, better color.
>>
>>62778199
>>62778410
How did Lynch manage to make some of the most horrifying things ever conceived in film history, with neither of them even being from horror films, or him being much of a horror film maker himself?

Honestly if directors took some notes from him then horror movies might just get scary again.
>>
>>62778542
>4k

i suppose you have a cinema screen to utilize that resolution

>better collor
>better

>more detail

what
>>
File: snapshot28.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
snapshot28.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>62778320
This is all you need
>>
File: 1439567600369.jpg (11 KB, 180x179) Image search: [Google]
1439567600369.jpg
11 KB, 180x179
>>62778608
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>62778608
Somehow this spooks me more than OPs picture. Guess it's true it's much more about the buildup than the hobo himself.
>>
File: wanna see something scary.gif (41 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
wanna see something scary.gif
41 KB, 320x240
>>62778199
>>
>>62778598
clearly you're out of your element here. the new master was scanned and restored at 4k, and then scaled down to 1080p for the blu-ray. the new Criterion master has more image detail than the previous Japanese disc, and no longer has the jaundiced color tone that the JPN disc had.

http://someimage.com/8Iczips http://someimage.com/gutR4zq

http://someimage.com/PjqieKo http://someimage.com/oYmOMiP
>>
>>62778704
>scaled down
i might be out of my element but you might have neglected to mention scaling down
>>
>>62778410
i suppose its not scary unless youve had some particular experiences or expectations.
looking at the picture itself isnt scary to me but the entire scene is fucking insanity. i once had this dream in which i was talking to a friend about how so-called "garden dreams" were the worst thing ever. most people know about dreams where they stumble or fall, but in this dream's continuity, garden dreams were the worst. they'd usually start off with a pleasant summer day, then quickly get ruined by shit like giant insects eating everybody.
thinking about that dream today isnt bad but at it was the worst thing ever at the time
>>
>>62778542
>>62778704
don't forget the bonus features, which rock
>>
>>62778410
It's not JUST a dirty hobo, it's a REALLY REALLY dirty hobo! Can you imagine what kind of lifestyle it has? How crazy it is? No telling what diseases it has, or if it might bite you!
>>
>>62778563
the same way some shitty "sexy movie" like Lesbian Vampire Killers or Bitch Slap aren't nearly as arousing as let's say some Bertolucci films
>>
>>62778751
>"garden dreams"

dude you have garden dreams too?
>>
>>62778563

The very problem is the idea of horror as a genre by itself. Genre films are hopelessly constrained by convention. Nobody thinks of The Shining as a 'horror film' it's just Kubrick film. and yet it is the most terrifying film of all.
>>
>>62778692
Fok yo gif bro srsly
>>
File: 1446423435714.png (209 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446423435714.png
209 KB, 1000x1000
>>62778969
>Nobody thinks of The Shining as a 'horror film'

this is false
>>
>>62778692
>>
>>62778969
Yeeeeah everyone thinks of it as a horror film brah. It near enough tops lists all the time, its only competition being The Exorcist.
>>
>>62778410

this shit fucked me up, specially the other face
>>
While we're talking about dreams, nightmares and horror films. On October 31th this year I woke up from the worst nightmare I had ever experienced. To try and explain it, I was living within the film reality of a new as yet unfilmed horror film that was a mix between The Shining and The Exorcist and it concerned a young woman's decision to take these two abandoned children she finds into her life and look after them. The children are avatars of Satan, basically demons, there are no children there at all, and are manipulating her every single turn of the way in order to prep her, without her knowing to be the human host for the anti-christ child. Her life basically falls apart, and these children who look like monstrous cherubs utterly exploit and emotionally manipulate, by acting aggressively cute and in need of desperate help, ensure that she remains tricked by them into thinking she must help and protect them, until she eventually dooms the world by her desire to help them.

I woke up in a cold sweat, with a real Woodland Critter Christmas vibe going on and tried to write down everything I could remember about it. The process of trying to show the children for what they really are, results in them twisting things in order to have the would be exposer, brutally killed or otherwise removed from the game, in order to keep the woman believing the lie.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.