[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones got bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 20
File: daenerys.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
daenerys.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>Daenerys Targaryen flanderized into Khaleesi Mary Sue
>Stannis "Notoriously Infertile" Baratheon burns his only child and heir.
>Joffrey is a sadistic serial killer instead of a misguided child.
>Meryn Trant now fucks kids because we needed something to justify his retarded death.
>Genius Mastermind Littlefinger hands over Sansa to Boltons for no logical reason.
>Robb Stark has complexity removed and "falling in love" with random nothing woman for no reason.
>Asha develops teleportation so she can go to the Dreadfort.
>Ros existed just to be killed by Joffrey.
>Innumerable nonsense character deaths because Jew writers want to spend less shekels on actors (Pypar, Grenn, Meryn Trant, Myrcella, Barristan, Shireen, Jojen, Mance Rayder, Hizdahr, Karl Tanner, etc.)
>No Aegon, no Stoneheart, no Arriane, no Victarion, no Euron, no Strong Belwas, no Donal Noye, etc.
>Pointless plot lines that go nowhere.

Who even likes this show anymore?
>>
>>62777160
she looks hot in that pic desu what season is it from senpaitachi?
>>
there's not much else to watch in April especially now that Mad men is over
>>
http://watchersonthewall.com/exclusive-new-game-of-thrones-season-6-spoiler-report-from-winterfell/

Summary:

A scene is being filmed this week on the Winterfell set featuring Jon Snow, Sansa, Littlefinger, and Ramsay.

A giant then tries to force its way into Winterfell, and those inside have to fight it off.

discuss
>>
These aren't criticisms, these are ways that the show is different in the books, and two thirds of them aren't even correct. Using deviation from the source material as basis for criticism is fucking critical mass spergism
>>
>>62777160
>Who even likes this show anymore?

literally everyone except for the pathetic try-hards from /got/

you're thread blows, delete it before the mod has to
>>
>>62777160
Joffrey was ALWAYS a fucking sadist. Did you miss the part where he disemboweled a pregnant kitten, launched Stannis supporters from catapults and did target practice on peasants from the roof of the red keep?

Ros was a composite of all the various prostitutes throughout the books. She wasn't a huge focus, and she was thick so I don't see why people get so butthurt about her

Most of those "deaths' were good. Pyp and Grenn basically disappear from the books anyway, so having them die gives us some stakes for the Wall battle. Mance becoming Abel was always fucking stupid, it's better that he dies on his feet for what he believes in than becoming a kek.

Aegon sucks, Arianne sucks (though the Sand Snakes are worse tbqh flam) Victarion and Euron are being merged (do you even pay attention? Euron has been confirmed cast for next season) Belwas sucks, Noye is cool but not integral

everything else I agree with. What they did to Stannis was criminal.
>>
>>62777426
Fair enough. Didn't know about the Euron thing, and I forgot about most of Joffrey's sadism.

It's just a common trend throughout the entire show, changing characters for the worse, and sometimes changing characters from how they were in the earlier seasons (ala Stannis). Shit writers, those showrunners, and it show now that they don't have GRRM around as a crutch.
>>
>>62777426
>Ros was a composite of all the various prostitutes throughout the books. She wasn't a huge focus, and she was thick so I don't see why people get so butthurt about her

This, OP. Ros was used for "sexposition" for characters like Littlefinger and Tyrion. Creators said so themselves.
>>
>>62777426
>What they did to Stannis was criminal

Agreed. To sell him as a guy who loves only his daughter and never changes his mind in one episode then make him do a complete 180 the next. Really ruined Season 5 for me, especially after such an great episode with Hardhome
>>
>Asha develops teleportation so she can go to the Dreadfort.

Someone calculated how much time she'd need to get to Dreadfort and that was 3 months. 3 months of sailing around Westeros and then running away at the sight of dogs.
>>
>>62777160
>got bad
But it was shit since the beginning.
>>
>>62777635
i think it was more to do with realizing theon didnt want to be saved and was too far gone but keep on sperging there spergy
>>
>>62777700
what was wrong with season 1?
>>
>>62777571
I'm not even a "STANNIS SHOULD SIT THE THRONE" fags, but Stannis was supposed to be the guy who understood the war for the North against the White Walkers was more important than the Game of Thrones. For him to just get unceremoniously killed off in a Renlyfag wish fulfillment moment after getting his ass beat by the Villain Sue Ramsay was infuriating. It also retroactively ruins Ned too, because Ned lost his head to support a guy who burned children and was basically Medieval ISIS

I really hope Stannis gets the death he deserves in the books - he wins the North, defeats the Boltons, and dies in battle against the White Walkers so Jon can fulfill his destiny as Azor Ahai
>>
I am currently into season 5 the first time ever and I have to admit that the Hartheim episode literally blew me away. It was damn amazing.
>>
>>62778154
the pink letter is real

stannis is already dead
>>
>>62778406
pity the rest of it was dogshit wew
>>
>>62778154
>I really hope Stannis gets the death he deserves in the books

kek. stannis has been set up to be a power hungry monster since he was first introduced. he already would have burned his own fucking nephew if it wasn't for based davos.
>>
>no victarion

what was never living can never die

;_;
>>
Season 1 was the only good season
>>
>>62777160
good bait senpai, can I upvote your post somehow?
>>
File: GRRM S2E01 and onwards.gif (1 MB, 260x150) Image search: [Google]
GRRM S2E01 and onwards.gif
1 MB, 260x150
It's almost like D&D are shit writers and deviating from the books resulted in a show that's no more than tumblr bait.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 743x739) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 743x739
Varys taking matters into his own hands will save it.
>>
>>62777245
One.
>>
>>62778543
>stannis has been set up to be a power hungry monster since he was first introduced.

>literally abandoned the south to save the wall
>power hungry

In the books, Stannis was looking for every excuse to NOT burn Edric. Did you miss the "one is not three" conversation and how Stannis chose to spare Davos himself because he realized he did the right thing?

Stannis isn't pure, but he's not a monster in the books. Even GRRM said he's supposed to be a heroic character
>>
File: 1441762078227.png (525 KB, 863x478) Image search: [Google]
1441762078227.png
525 KB, 863x478
First for being in love with Maisie
>>
>>62778882
>this autist is still alive
>>
>>62777725
He's just memeing, leave him alone
>>
>>62777160
pro tip: it was never good
>>
>>62779165
It reminds me of the good old days
>>
>>62778448
The episode after that was also damn fine. That arena fight...
>>
>>62777160
It still makes me cum buckets
>>
>>62779250
I liked the bit with 20 good men. Top laugh.
>>
>>62779260
Why is her performance somehow decent in GoT but sucked at Terminator Geneshit?
>>
>>62779299
Me too. The show handles those moments when shit is about to go down for someone really well.
>>
File: skwisgaar280.jpg (21 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
skwisgaar280.jpg
21 KB, 280x210
i likes when khaleesi flys ons a dragons
>>
>>62779314
She's not good on GoT, she's just surrounded by some phenomenal talent and benefits from it.
>>
So, are the books actually worth reading, whats the consensus?

Mind you I think the show is a piece of shit, especially post season 3.
>>
>>62779421
100% worth, unless you hate the actual premise of the show/genral plot. Far better written than anything that spews out of D&D.
>>
>>62779457
The premise is alright.

There's that pic floating around here, with retarded quotes from the books, kinda put me off.
>>
>>62779421
First three books are phenomenal.

books 4 and 5 aren't terrible but they're a huge step down because GRRM had a horrible case of writer's block and had no idea where he was going so he just spun his wheels.
>>
File: 1350276218169.jpg (11 KB, 317x357) Image search: [Google]
1350276218169.jpg
11 KB, 317x357
>>62777160

>got
>>
>>62779546
Season 1-3 were good enough, definitely better than the later ones.

Also it's a pun. GoT got bad.
>>
>>62779314
Shows more tits and ass
>>
bitch got old
nice titties in season 1 tho
>>
>>62777331
Littlefinger rapes Ramsay while Sansa faps to it. Then the giant steps on Ramsay and rapes his corpse.
>>
>>62779379
underrated post
>>
>>62778882
gross
>>
>Stannis
>infertile
I thought it was Selyse that was barren
>>
File: bloodymummers.jpg (67 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
bloodymummers.jpg
67 KB, 500x411
>No Bloody Mummers
Why bother making the show?
>>
>>62781151
more like bloody memers
>>
I hate it after the newest spoiler leaks. Fucking dumb shit. I wont even watch it. Fuck you D&D, sincerely FUCK YOU
>>
>>62779395
Care to explain what 'phenomenal' talent GoT has or ever had to begin with?
>>
>>62782057
- Sean Bean
- Harry Lloyd
- Mark Addy
- Charles Dance
- Stephen Dillane
- Liam Cunningham
- Julian Glover
- Diana Rigg
- Jonathan Pryce
>>
>>62782057
>>62782268
Conleth fucking Hill

And she was actually in scenes with a Roger Allam.
>>
File: kellyc.png (239 KB, 340x387) Image search: [Google]
kellyc.png
239 KB, 340x387
>>62782268

you forgot kelly c
>>
>>62782358
Yeah I knew I forgot someone. But you get what I mean.
>>
>>62777160
Joff was a sociopath in the books as well. And Daenerys is a terribly written character to begin with, I don't understand her appeal at all.

But yea fuck the show. I actually lost interesting the series altogether so I won't even be upset when George inevitably kicks it due to some sort of fat disease. And honestly I think he lost interest in the series as well. The latter books read like some sort of obligation, like he just has to get it all over with.

Is it still the biggest TV show?
>>
reminder that Euron has been cast and will be season 6's saving grace
>>
>>62777426
>aegon sucks
he did what dany couldnt do in 5 books in like 4 chapters, and he wants to take storms end with elephants, hes pretty cool
>>
>>62778407
>implying stannis didnt write the letter so jon would come and help him

Theres too much evidence that stannis wrote it, he just didnt think the watchers would stab jon.
>>
File: 1432081365589.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1432081365589.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
Who's missing?
>>
>>62782495
And then he's gonna die from a random crossbow bolt like Richard the Lionheart. It's exactly the sort of historical shit that GRRM would do.

>>62782560
Mance wrote the letter not Stannis.

>>62782567
Is anybody else pissed how the show crapped on Dondarrion and Thoros? Or the fact that Ned Dayne wasn't around?
>>
I hope the next battle for Winterfell isnt shot terrible.
>>
>>62782567
asha and balon are cast for good roles in Season 6
>>
>>62782698
I hope the Kingsmoot isn't cut. That's actually one of AFFC's saving points.
>>
>>62782716
couple months ago they had leaks on watchers on the wall, scenes with ironborn all week and a kingsmoot saying YOURON, cause euron is pronounced differently now
>>
>>62777160
This is a very good summary of the criticisms. I was also pretty upset when they mad Jaime a kinslayer and rapist.

However, there's also some stuff to look forward to:
>Jon's plotline is dope and Kit Harrington is actually a pretty solid actor after five seasons. That will probably be a highlight this season as well.
>Varys, Arya, Theon have all yet to be ruined by D&D and will likely get involved in some serious shit in Season 6.
>As much as everyone shits on Season 5, it still had Hardhome, which is undoubtably the best episode - even if Season 6 is also shitty, it could have a few excellent episodes.
>Pretty much every fan-favorite moment or character from books 4 and 5 is being included: Wyman Manderly, Euron Greyjoy, Arthur Dayne, The Elder Brother and the Gravedigger (GET HYPE), Blackfish and Edmure returning, etc.
>>
File: Iain Glen 1.jpg (671 KB, 881x1080) Image search: [Google]
Iain Glen 1.jpg
671 KB, 881x1080
If you haven't read the books (only read the first one and thought it was 'meh' at best) then the show isn't good, but it ain't that bad. Kinda silly really, though it does keep annoying me that they keep killing all my favourite characters off. I only have Jorah left and I'm pretty sure he'll be kill soon. But yeah, if you don't know anything that will happen (and that they actually rtook from the books, not made up) then it can be surprising or exciting, just not always.
>>
File: 1446951885827.jpg (69 KB, 1127x519) Image search: [Google]
1446951885827.jpg
69 KB, 1127x519
>>62778882
>>
>>62782567
besides Gendry those were all shit plot lines
>>
>>62778778
How the fuck are they going to get varys back to KL? Isn't there a death warrant out for him?
>>
>>62782647
Aegon might die by some dumb circumstances but at least he walked the walk unlike dany

And I really dont know who wrote the letter, either stannis or mance, who knows.
>>
>>62777160
>got bad

It was always trash. It's little more than a soap opera with a fantasy backdrop. That's why women love it so much.
>>
>>62782747
How do you pronounce euron? Pretty sure grrm says it like "yuron"
>>
>>62777331
Salsa kills the giant. It is known
>>
>>62782747
>scenes with ironborn all week and a kingsmoot saying YOURON, cause euron is pronounced differently now

Is that "You-ron" or "Your-on"?
>>
>>62782954
Season 1 was a god-tier. It was a faithful adaptation of A Game of Thrones. Then it nose-dived in Season 2 with Grandpa Tywin, Talisa the strong independent womyn from Volantis, and other shit.
>>
>>62783099
>Talisa
>I'll marry some Volantene slut who works as a medic because muh true love
>I'll bring her to the guy whose daughter I was meant to marry who is known to be a bit of on asshole
>What could go wrong?
I really don't understand the writing
>>
>>62779379
dildos
>>
>>62777160
Like nine million people a week. Which is just the kind of shit which let Terminator Genysis earn more money than Mad Max this summer.

But yeah this season was a fucking mess. Virtually every element was wrong - Everything in Dorne was pointless, everything in the North was retarded, everything in King's Landing made no sense. The saving grace was Arya and Hardhome, but Hardhome didn't really have much point and the tone was all over the place with Arya.

Absolute shit tier season.
>>
>>62783263
That was the one bit that really pissed me off about the red wedding. They just had to put a pregnant woman getting stabbed in there because shock is all the show can offer. Why the fuck would Robb bring her into the Twins if he thought the Freys were on the level. That would just insult them more.
>>
>>62782057
Iain Glen
>>
>>62783090
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Euron_Greyjoy
update on the first paragrapth
>>
>>62783493
What they did to Robb's character in Season 2 and 3 was worse than what happened to Stannis.

Like plotting an attack to take out Casterly Rock and that's why he needed the Freys. Meanwhile, the North was under attack by the Ironborn, but Robb didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>62783493
They also cut all the Freys that aren't cunts like Olyvar so there's no reason at all to think they wouldn't do exactly what they did
>>
Fanboys already invested? Things have gotten a lot worse on a lot of other shows before people abandon them.

I just wait until episode 9 now. Despite originally being a show that tried to buck trends and be unpredictable GoT has fallen into the same formula of everything big happening on episode 9. Really ruins a lot of pacing when you have to have multiple stories carry on in a linear fashion, but have to hold out until the 2nd last episode for the 'big twist' to happen in one.

Just watch the episodes when they're all out. No point sticking around for the autism.
>>
>>62782567
Cripplekid is going to get screentime this new season, they've casted Max von Sydow as the three eyed raven. Mite b cool.
>>
>>62777160

>GOT got bad

A Song of Ice and Fire was always bad, people just didn't realize due to being ignorant of it until the TV show came out.
>>
>>62783802
Say what you want about the books, at least the characters have motives that don't spin on a dime
>>
>>62777331
It's like a GOT bottle episode
>>
>>62783802
1st three books are actually really good. Especially the third, Storm of Swords is a 10/10 fantasy novel. Its just GRRM fucked up the pacing, planned to do a timeskip, decided against it and added a bunch of random pointless viewpoints. ADWD and AFFC were bad yeah, but I think the next book should be good.
>>
>>62783931
I keep seeing people say that the last two novels were bad but I remember liking them about the same as the first three. What fucked up in ADWD and AFFC?
>>
>>62783931
>>62783852

The books definitely do a much better job at explaining character motives giving that they are all POV but the first three really are semi-decent fantasy stuff, problem is the later ones and Martin's planning, he planned the whole thing originally as a trilogy but as the series grew in fandom and he kept adding more shit to what it is now everything became a colossus mess.

>>62783931
>>62783974

I kind of like AFFC too, I mean, understandable how people would be pretty pissed with it expecting another ASOS but I thought it was fun. The hate surrounding ADWD is understandable, the northern chapters are really the only redeemable thing about the book.
>>
>>62783974
In the first book Catelyn Stark goes from Winterfell to King's Landing, travels to the Eyrie from the Riverlands, and from there to White Harbour, meets with Robb at Moat Cailin and by the ending she is with him at Riverrun.

In ADWD Tyrion spends the entire book traveling to Meereen and still haven't got there by the end.

I don't really hate AFFC and ADWD though, I think they have some good worldbuilding, but they aren't near the same level of the first three books.
>>
>>62783562
Good, that's the way I always pronounced it
>>
>>62783493
D & D want shock value
GRRM wrote that Robb knew he couldn't bring Jeyne to the wedding as it would further insult the Freys.
>>
>>62783931
ADWD/AFFC were not bad novels. They just didn't have as much action as the first three. They continue with worldbuilding and smallish payoffs to their plots, but mostly end on cliffhangers.

Theon's chapters in ADWD are probably the best in the entire series.
>>
GoT isn't good until about 500 pages in
>>
File: Talisa_Stabbed.jpg (18 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Talisa_Stabbed.jpg
18 KB, 800x450
>>62785823
At least it got her out of the show. RIP
>>
>>62777160
>Ros existed just to be killed by Joffrey.
More like she wanted more money & they decided to off her.
>>
Nobody will sit on the Iron Throne at the end.
Jon will dismantle it to use the swords against the White Walkers.
>>
>>62786486
>yfw there's a Valyrian sword somewhere in the throne and nobody has noticed
>>
>>62782567
All of them except Gendry, Thoros and Dondarrion are confirmed for next season though
>>
>>62786566
They're all "Valyrian", it was forged by dragons
>>
File: 22 - 3wbxDBP.jpg (305 KB, 1236x2048) Image search: [Google]
22 - 3wbxDBP.jpg
305 KB, 1236x2048
>>62777160
you forgot

>no nude sansa yet
>>
>>62788285
she would do it too the baudy tart
>>
File: 1437683470665.webm (800 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437683470665.webm
800 KB, 1920x1080
>>62788285
this is as close as we are gonna get
>>
>>62779299
Me too!
In fact GOT never quite had enough naked cocks in it for my truly deplorable faggoty tastes, Seeing Little fuckface Jnr running around with his top off with 20 good men and destroying an entire fuckign army and then presumably going home and having a gay orgy after really got me hard.

Top marks
>>
>>62782375
no we didint
>>
>>62782567
You're missing that little faggot from the Eyrie, little tit sucking robert the cock mongling Jew
>>
File: Varys-will-kill.jpg (549 KB, 972x475) Image search: [Google]
Varys-will-kill.jpg
549 KB, 972x475
>>62782902
Well in the books he hides in the Red Keep. So I suppose he would hide himself in the show. Its not like he'll just walk in through the main gates. His little birds will help make his way.

Rumors suggest Varys leaves Meereen over Tyrion aligning himself with a new red priestess. Conleth Hill was in Spain with Diana Rigg where they are filming for Dorne. So it's possible he leaves Meereen and visits the Martells. Likely to get them on board with Dany.

And if he's in Westeros he can make his way up to King's Landing to kill uncle Kevan. They had Littlefinger going all over Westeros in no time last season. They don't seem too concerned with accurate travel times on this show.
>>
File: 1427203773235.jpg (33 KB, 342x352) Image search: [Google]
1427203773235.jpg
33 KB, 342x352
>>62788638
Damn you guys are desperate for those Sansa tits. I never even noticed this.
>>
File: 1368639509682.png (562 KB, 833x893) Image search: [Google]
1368639509682.png
562 KB, 833x893
>>62782567
Edmure? I know Blackfish is back, but was Edmure confirmed too? What about Walder Frey?
>>
File: st.jpg (113 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
113 KB, 640x640
>>62789272

I wanna see the whole body of work 2bh
>>
Guys, how would you fix the 5th season? Pretend that they decided to go on a different path from the books, giving the show a completely different ending. What would you do with this season and the seasons to follow?
>>
File: Varys.mnk4.jpg (431 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
Varys.mnk4.jpg
431 KB, 1500x844
>>62789383
I'd just add more Varys
>>
You can't really do much when the source material is utter shit.
>>
Heard through the grapevine Jon and Sansa will marry once everyone finds out his parentage. I do not know if this will happen this season or not, but was told it's coming in the books. Also was told final story will mirror what set this entire story up once Jon and Dany meet. Asked what that meant and it was explained to me with the following analogy:

Jon = Rhaegar
Sansa = Elia
Daenerys = Lyanna
>>
>>62789458
So Sansa is a kek?
>>
File: IAZLGYE.jpg (238 KB, 1737x601) Image search: [Google]
IAZLGYE.jpg
238 KB, 1737x601
is there a supercut of all this shows nudity
>>
>>62789383
Remove Dorne. Do not go to Dorne,
Build from there.
>>
>>62789502
Its called porn
>>
>>62789502
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Game-Thrones-Supercut-Includes-Every-Single-Nude-Scene-63382.html

closest thing i could find
has the gay scenes in it too so if you want to avoid that keep it in mind
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.