[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some great movies to watch if you have ADHD? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: adhd.png (146 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
adhd.png
146 KB, 800x400
What are some great movies to watch if you have ADHD? I'm unfortunately afflicted with it (albeit undiagnosed) and it keeps me from enjoying the classics (Citizen Kane, Gone in the Wind, 2001). Some movies I do enjoy though include Shaun of the Dead, Speed Racer, the Transformers Series(I know you guys think they're shit but they're fun to watch while munching on some p-corn with the boys), 28 Days Later, Shawshank Redemption, and Fight Club.
>>
A Serbian Film
Irreversible
Salo
Cannibal Holocaust
Inside
Martyrs
Frozen
>>
>>62776992
I'm not really interested in horror movies, I'm looking for something fun to kick back and chill to.
>>
>>62777053
I Spit On Your Grave
The Accused
Rob Roy
Sudden Impact
Deliverance
>>
File: white_heat.jpg (131 KB, 698x1000) Image search: [Google]
white_heat.jpg
131 KB, 698x1000
I have ADHD and have no problems watching classic movies. Please don't use your condition to excuse your obvious preference for spectacle over storytelling.

Anyway, here are some classic movies that are fast-paced and entertaining:

The Adventures of Robin Hood
North by Northwest
The Thin Man
Gunga Din
The Thief of Bagdad
White Heat
>>
ADHD isn't really
>>
>>62777500
it isn't really what
>>
File: what_say_I.jpg (32 KB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
what_say_I.jpg
32 KB, 410x396
>ADHD
>albeit undiagnosed
>keeps me from enjoying the classics
>>
>>62777500
What?
>>
>>62777500
squirrel! haha
>>
File: mike n rich.png (1 MB, 1133x610) Image search: [Google]
mike n rich.png
1 MB, 1133x610
>>62776953
>afflicted with it (albeit undiagnosed)
>munching on some p-corn with the boys
>>
>>62777669
Congrats, you've been baited
>>
>>62777669
>>62777726
The fact that it's undiagnosed doesn't make it any less real than diagnosed ADHD.
>>
>>62776953
WAAAHHHHH I HAVE ADHDDDDDDDDD
cry more faggot. you're worse than those "anxiety awareness" faggots. Try having schizoaffective disorder faggot
>>
>>62778355
WAAAHHHHH I HAVE SCHIZOAFFECTIVE DISORDER
Try living in a starving village in Africa faggot.

Dude I'm just trying to ask for some ADHD friendly movies. You don't have to post in the thread if you don't want to. In fact you can even hide it.
>>
>>62776953
>albeit undiagnosed
This is bait.
>>
>>62778355
>Trying to out-victim some guy looking for reccs
We tumblr now.
>>
>>62778489

Try Seventh Seal and spend some time contemplating death, introspection might take away the undiagnosed "ADHD"
>>
Check out Rocky
>>
>undiagnosed

so if you have a short attention span you must have a fucking disability? are you american by any chance?
>>
File: 30bl1c5.jpg (48 KB, 639x436) Image search: [Google]
30bl1c5.jpg
48 KB, 639x436
>>62776953
>undiagnosed
Haha, okay then.

Try anthology films. It helps to take something piece by piece.

Movies that don't require a lot to follow are good too. Or movies that feature subjects you enjoy - I find it easy to stick with comedies, horror, or fantasy.

Also, it helps to have it so you can rewind when you get distracted, to play back and follow again.

>>62777490
This though. Casablanca is one of my favorite movies, and while I don't consider Citizen Kane to be one of my favorites, I did manage to follow it, and enjoyed it.

Gone with the Wind and 2001 are boring as fuck though. Gone with the Wind is likely because of preferences, like I talked about, but 2001 has no excuse, I enjoy science fiction and that thing was plodding as fuck.
>>
I bet you like Star Wars too OP
>>
>>62777863
My dad had diagnosed ADHD that made his work life hell, but 2001 was his favourite movie.
>>
>>62777490
This.

I don't have ADHD but I do have a short attention span. Though it's mostly when it comes to action movies and such. A spectacular action scene occurs, I get overwhelmed and pause. It's too much to absorb at once.

Meanwhile if a film has a good story, I feel engaged and watch the whole thing non-stop.

I really want to enjoy in-your-face explosion movies and gag-after-gag comedy movies, but for me they take more effort to keep up with.
>>
>>62776953
Nice bait niggerfaggot
>>
You people know this is pasta, right?
>>
My ADD keeps me from enjoying fast paced action movies, they bore the fuck out of me, I just zone out during the action scenes. I love slow paced dramas though and can watch those without a problem.
>>
>>62783245
No it isn't, I typed it out myself, and thanks to this thread have acquired plenty of great recommendations from /tv/.
>>
>>62777500
i get it
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.