[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm only 6 episodes in, but holy shit General Grievous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: IncompetentFaggot.png (933 KB, 1322x575) Image search: [Google]
IncompetentFaggot.png
933 KB, 1322x575
So I'm only 6 episodes in, but holy shit General Grievous has got to be the most incompetent military leader in the history of Star Wars.

Should I keep watching? Are there any villains who actually succeed and get shit done against the Republic?
>>
Watch the original clone wars. Grievous kicks ass in that.
>>
>>62776035
Grievous is a horrible saturday morning cartoon villain in the first season but he gets more competent after that.
>>
>>62776035
there are many villains who kill jedi in this cartoon
>>
Clone wars is so fucking dumb

>The Force turned into Christianity with a literal God and Devil
>Grievous fights Anakin and Obi-Wan a bunch even though Episode III was clearly their first meeting
>Ahsoka Tano the mary sue who's too good for the Jedi Order
>Darth Maul brought back to life for no reason
>Darth Sidious actually fights the Jedi in person and somehow people don't realize he's Sheev when his whole schtick was hiding in the shadows and manipulating
>Transsexual Hutts

There's a couple of decent episodes here and there, but anyone who actually suggests Clone Wars is good as a whole are as bad as the Prequel apologists

the 2D Clone Wars cartoon is actually pretty good, though and fits within the movies nicely
>>
Depends. If you still feel some level of affection for Star Wars, then stop it right fucking now. Just stop.

If you want to know how much worse than Jar Jar and "sand is coarse" it can all get, keep watching. You'll be amazed.
>>
Unfortunatly he remains pretty shit for most of the series, very underused. There's a good episode in the 2nd season actually where he crash lands on a planet and he and kenobi have a good fight. Lucas was insistent that he remain a coward in the face of overwhelming odds, Filoni the director tried to mitigate this because he knew he was fan favourite
>>
File: 1435186333994.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1435186333994.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>62776035
>Not watching the superior Cartoon Network Clone Wars
>>
File: 1418089101157.png (119 KB, 359x291) Image search: [Google]
1418089101157.png
119 KB, 359x291
>>62776035
Keep watching. It get's fucking wacky as shit. In Season 3 or something, they go to a force planet or some shit. The only enhabitants are 3 people with which I assume can only represent gods. They are like incarnations of the force and can do stupid shit like morph into giant ravens and bring back people from the dead. There's also a magic light-sword which Obi-wan finds which destroys evil.
>>
File: Ahsoka_Tano.png (161 KB, 415x440) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka_Tano.png
161 KB, 415x440
The only good character in the show. The droids good too, I suppose.
>>
File: 1212854756_rambo-1.jpg (33 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
1212854756_rambo-1.jpg
33 KB, 480x300
>>62777927
>good
>>
>>62777724
>The Force turned into Christianity with a literal God and Devil
They were manifestations of the force, not Gods. There existed more than them as evidence in Season 6 with Yoda's episodes
>Grievous fights Anakin and Obi-Wan a bunch even though Episode III was clearly their first meeting
Wrong, Anakin doesn't ever meet Grievous, Filoni commented on this saying it was difficult always having to make sure they stayed out of each others way
>Ahsoka Tano the mary sue who's too good for the Jedi Order
Not gonna argue with this
>Darth Maul brought back to life for no reason
Stupid reason maybe, but it was explained
>Darth Sidious actually fights the Jedi in person and somehow people don't realize he's Sheev when his whole schtick was hiding in the shadows and manipulating
Sheev never fights any Jedi in the series, he does fight Maul though
>Transsexual Hutts
Hutts were deemed intersexual with the ability to produce asexually ling before in the EU
>>
>>62777927
>droids reduced completely to shitty comic relief for children
>insufferable "le witty" spoiled brat who can't ever shut the fuck up, has two sabers and holds both like a retard
>Anakin having a padawan at all
>good

please be bait
>>
>>62777927
>backhanded swordfighting

literally naruto
>>
>>62778092
Not baiting, friend. Go ahead and tell me some other characters which are better than her. In all honesty, none of the characters in the show are well written.
>>
>>62777724

Sheev never fought any jedi in the series. There was a vision, some sort of manipulation, that he and Cunt Sudoku made and put in Yoda's mind or something.
>>
>>62778185
>characters which are better than her

Literally every single one. Literally. Or maybe someone worse than her appears in the later seasons, but I doubt it. I stopped watching this abomination of a show when they brought back Maul on a robospider.
>>
>>62778233
I stopped watching when Mace Dindu refuses to kill the Zillo Beast when Sebulba tells him and it instead becomes a retarded wild bantha chase through Coruscant
>>
>>62776035
Grievous is a cyborg who has learned how to wield lightsabers at the cost of his own limbs. His role in the Separatist cause is to scare the shit out of Jedi; his actual fighting ability (and, for that matter, his leadership skill) matters less than his reputation.
>>
>>62776745
Clone Wars definitely has some interesting stylistic choices, mostly for the better, but there's still some embarrassingly bad dialogue (there's one episode where Dooku literally just says "Indeed??" multiple times because I guess they didn't know what else to have him say) and baffling sequences (like C3PO's strip tease and Anakin's mole people spirit journey). The second volume with the longer episodes is a huge step up. A lot of it feels very un-Star-Warsy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you should probably be prepared.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.