[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what will happen to him Is the show officially canceled? Since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
So what will happen to him
Is the show officially canceled?
Since he appeared on Arrow, does it have a chance of continuing?
>>
No. They've already said that the show is dead and buried. The appearance on Arrow was to be a solemn little send off to the fans.

Having said that I don't see why Constantine wont have more very minor roles in the Arrow franchises
>>
>>62775962
I wasn't following its news, so its dead completely?
>>
>>62775998
Looks like it.
And good riddance too. Wrong network, wrong approach.
>>
>>62776105
I did like the "Monster everyweek" style, outdated as it is for the most part. But I think they should of brought the Demon/Secret Cult Arc closer to a close. They knew they had at most a dozen episodes only to work with, not the time to be dicking around.
>>
They say they don't have more plans for him, but I'm sure they will a couple more of episodes with him and then try to ressurect his series in the CW
>>
>>62776299

>but I'm sure they will a couple more of episodes with him and then try to ressurect his series in the CW
>CW

not with supernatural still on air
>>
>>62776105
It might have had wrong network but they approached the comics well done
>>
>>62775852

It over. It just didnt have an appeal to normies
>>
He will end up on Legends of Tomorrow in season 2.
>>
>>62776413
Then he's going to join the Supernatural cast as a regular
>>
>>62776463
I'm still hoping for Legends of Darkness, with Swamp Thing and Deadman.
Produced by Guillermo Del Toro
>>
>>62776509
He wouldn't suit Supernatural cast
Constantine is way too much of a dick for them
And he would raise the powerlevels higher
>>
>constantine is only seen smoking offscreen
>doesn't chainsmoke

You had one job, NBC
>>
>>62776299
>in the CW

Oh god, no, this is worse than NBC
>>
Matt Ryan's already got a new gig in theater, doesn't he?

I really wish the Arrow cameo meant more Constantine though. I never watched an episode of Arrow in my life until that point.

>>62776509
Well, that'd be the first time I ever watched that shit too.

>>62776515
>Del Toro
Holy shit would watch.
>>
>>62776225
>I did like the "Monster everyweek"
Well that is pretty much how Hellbalzer is, there are arcs bot not long ones is maybe what 4 or 5 books.
>>
>>62775852
theyre showing it on El Rey, hopefully rodriguez brings it back
>>
>>62778061
Holy shit are they?

Wait - FUCK, I don't think I get that channel anymore.
>>
>>62778229
yeah, based rodriguez has a good eye
>>
He'll probably be like the Hulk in the marvel universe

he's never going to have his own story ever again, but he's gonna show up here and there during the ensemble pieces
>>
>>62775852
hope they kill the show and give a rest to the character for at least 5 years

Constantine can be a incredibly good TV show, but it's hard to translate

ironically this version missed the point even more than the movie
>>
>>62775852
>Is the show officially canceled?
Yes.
>>62775852
>Since he appeared on Arrow, does it have a chance of continuing?
No.
>>
>>>/celeb/ will happen to him.
>>
>>62778602
Explain?
>>
>>62778848
Constantine battles demons, spirits and shit, but he rarely uses magic. He is just a sly motherfucker that would kill his best friend to save himself.

The cool thing about Hellblazer is not the occult, but the ruses and trickeries of John. Sure, he regularly uses grimoires and things like that, but he actually has to study them every time because he doesn't care about that world.

Also, the character needs much more grievance about his past, heavy use of alcohol and tons of sex with no love.

The Constantine in the show had a fucking card that said "master of the occult". Jesuschrist. The Constantine of the comics would cringe at someone with that card.
>>
>>62779173
Liv > Zed
>>
>>62779249
Mercury >>>>> everybody else
>>
>>62779173
>The Constantine in the show had a fucking card that said "master of the occult".
Didn't he also say the card was inaccurate or something?
>>
>>62779321
Master of the dark arts was inaccurate
>>
>>62779321
That was a bad pun, but still, he made those cards with marketing purposes.

In the comics he is a wanderer. He does not "work" with the occult, he just happens to know some things about it and sometimes meets people in deep shit.

The recap would be that the demons are afraid of Constantine because he is a witty trickster, not because he is a master of the occult.
>>
>>62776509
>character from DC universe would join completely unrelated series
I really doubt that
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.