[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The leftovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 16
File: john-murphy-1024.jpg (173 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
john-murphy-1024.jpg
173 KB, 1024x576
Gotta admire john, for all faults from being molested by this father, at least he didn't turn out like a bitch nigga like kevin
>>
>drinking poison made by a pedo living in the woods

the fuck Kevin
>>
Kevin went full retard desu
>>
So what the fuck do you think Grandpedo's reasons were for poisoning Kevin? It's clear that Lil' Nigga was in on it, but why?

Did they think that Kevin had something to do with Lil' Nigress's disappearance? Or was it for some kind of stupid greater calling?
>>
>>62774722
they gonna berry him like the birds for 3 days
>>
>>62774722
considering he's been involved since before they disappeared it was probably some greater calling. Also, I missed how he's a pedo. When how did they say it?
>>
why did all those people disappear senpaitachi?
>>
>>62774834
patty said it
>>
is the qt race traitor going to chasing the BBC even after she finds out he was an accomplice to her dad's murder?
>>
>>62774866
that's it? she just called him a pedo for no reason so now he's a confirmed pedo?
>>
File: Leftovers_PillarMan.jpg (581 KB, 3376x1624) Image search: [Google]
Leftovers_PillarMan.jpg
581 KB, 3376x1624
>>62774341
>>62774645
SUCCESS STORY
>>
>>62774912
Grandpedo told Kevin that Big Nigga shot him because he did something bad to him when he was very young.

What else could that be?
>>
>>62774828
But that doesn't make sense. You're supposed to bury the birds alive, and see if they're still alive after 3 days.

You don't bury a dead one.
>>
>>62774722
As discussed in the livethread, it's possible Virgil had to kill himself to be Kevin's spirit guide. The syringe was just to make Kevin feel more comfortable and go through with it.
>>
>>62774944
ah, got it. I wasn't paying attention during then. Didn't he say that BN shot him in the dick too?
>>
around blacks never relax
>>
File: dabm.png (689 KB, 848x464) Image search: [Google]
dabm.png
689 KB, 848x464
>>62774888
>>
File: Spooky spook.png (743 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Spooky spook.png
743 KB, 1280x720
>>
What crazy shit are they gonna pull to bring Kevin back.

I know this show isn't grounded in reality but Jesus Christ
>>
>>62776411
He's just going to wake up and it'll never be explained.
>>
They might not. I'm more curious about qt mulatto, running naked with her friends and all, in a new reality?

This fucking show, pulling a Lost, except they will never explain what happened or why, I get that.
>>
>>62776461
someone post the webm
>>
The one thing i don't understand is why did Kevin brought Laurie back if he planned on killing himself anyway? I understand that Nora called, but still, even if it works, he's stuck with two wives now.

My bet is that Kevin wakes in the last episode, possibly in the very end, next episode is going to be about Tommy, the one after that is about black family or Nora
>>
>>62776538
>why did Kevin brought Laurie back if he planned on killing himself anyway?

Nora is gone so Laurie would take care of Jill is simpliest explanation

also Kevin is mentally unstable
>* Where is my mind starts playing*
>>
>>62777280
Nora bailing out on Kevin when he was at his most vulnerable was a shit thing to do, but i'm 100% sure she'd take care of Jill if she'd heard about Kevin killing himself(and Jill is like what, 17?). Better Nora than her own mother who she despises and who brought her into cult and almost killed her
>>
>>62777573
i really hate Nora, this is the second time shes bailed, slingin rocks through windows, buying up houses, taking up random nignog babies and moving into a family which isn't hers

shes a dumb cold bitch who constantly acts selfishly. she should have killed herself a long time ago cause she only makes shit worse for everyone
>>
>have a dad unlike most basketball americans
>turns out he just sticked around to stick it in me

SMHTBHFAM
>>
>>62776461
>both parents black
>mulatto
>>
how is this show even that entertaining

How does 2% of the population disappearing even affect most people's day to day life? It just sounds like a lot of pretentious navel gazing
>>
>>62777994
you a cold one mr. grinch
>>
>>62777994
it walks the line of the unknown exploring religion, realism, mental illness..etc through the characters, the different ways people deal with loss/fear.. and ultimately lets you interpret events how you like, so you examine your own beliefs as you watch the show. its brilliant, but plebs like you should probably stick to the walking dead
>>
NIgga kevin aint dead , why would grampedo give kevin the radiator juice and not drink it himself. he shot himself in the head, hes fuckin dead. explain?
>>
>>62777994
I dunno. Having your entire family disappear kinda fuck you up. Or your wife joining a crazy cult because her baby disappeared from her womb.
>>
>>62777994
Are you fucking stupid? 2% of the population is gone all of a sudden, two in every one hundred people you've ever crossed paths with. About 140.000.000 people around the globe vanish out of nowhere, simultaneously, in a world that has always been ruled by the laws of physcis and logic aside from fables and myths.
>thinking it's not a big deal
>>
>>62778109
i dont think he ever really lost his voice. he killed kevin cause he was scared kevin would do something awful like he did before
>>
>>62774912
That's how it works in the real world.
>>
>>62776538
In case he dies, Jill is with her mom. Inference, bro.
>>
>>62778164
Thank God, because you are a pedo and I've just called the party /v&/.
>>
>>62777994
The general public believes God has now forsaken them. Jarden is an example of how some people went the other direction in regards to God. But they're all wrong cause there was never a God tk begin with and Hebrew Box Office has made exactly zero series where God was real or Christianity respected.
>>
Okay 4chan, explain this why does Patty sell him dreams of how good her death was and simultaneously not want him to kill himself as seen right before he drinks the jiuce and also the earthquake we assume she made happen.
She also tells him she has no idea what needs to be done.
>>
>>62778506
There is no higher power. Patti is not working for or with anyone. The Cairo bit had me going since it was name dropped so much in s1...

I'm more curious about Australia. Why was Edwin mailing shit tk Australia? Why did it get mentioned on that news report? What aren't we being shown yet?
>>
>>62778279
thats your own reading because the series leaves it ambiguous. they never say Christianity is real, or not, the events happen and its up to you to decide..
>>
>>62779064
It's my reading, sure, but you'd also have to be a moron to discount the multiple establishments of an atheist worldview the show put into s1... It's more than a guess that God has never existed. Especially in the show's universe. It's so painfully obvious that whenever asshats like you pop up to call it a theory, I just assume you were on your phone instead of actually watching the show.
>>
>It's a Kevin eats shit all day long then finally kills himself at the end episode
>>
>>62779142
>Especially in the show's universe.
The show's built on metaphysical shit existing. There's a handful of jaded cynical characters coexisting with a large majority of people that finally have proof of God. Just go back to the scene in the pilot with the prayers in class.
>>
That was one fucking fantastic hour of TV.
>>
>>62774834
Something about his genitalia being used to transgress the law of man and god.
Adding to it him stating that he hurt his son terribly and his son hurting him back, shooting him in the chest and stomach.

Patty sums it up by bluntly calling him a pedo in case viewers couldn't make the connection.
>>
>>62780408
I had the impression he abused Michael, John doesn't seem like the type of guy that would wait years til he has his own family to get revenge on his father for dicking him.
>>
>>62777972
You think both her actual parents are black as well?
>>
>>62780504
Or maybe it was Evey he abused, since Michael seems perfectly chummy with him.
>>
God fucking dammit this episode man, for the first half the show almost lost me completely, but then with Laurie's talk with Kevin won me back again, and sustained the ambiguity, getting some serious LOST feels with these cliffhangers too, in a good way
>>
I actually think that grandfather is NOT a pedo, there's no conformation outside of "he lives alone and family hates him" and Patty suggesting it based on the same stuff. I understand that family doesn't allow Michael to visit him, but it seems more like "he's a shitty person that did something terrible" and not "he's going to fucking molest you"
>>
So if so many of you fags think the God and devil theory is bullshit how do you explain the departure?
>>
>>62781131
I think I'll just let the mystery be.
>>
>>62781080
He specifically mentioned his junk committed a crime, and that john shot him there.
>>
Matt episode when?
>>
>>62781320
Next 3 episodes will probably feature a good chunk of everyone
>>
>>62781284
Huh, i guess i missed it.
>>
>>62776461
It was their practice run for running away
>>
>>62781131
I don't feel that an explanation for where everyone went is at all necessary, but knowing Lindleoff, I'm bracing for s3 to take place in a world where that 2% stayed and things everyone else disappeared...
>>
>>62779142
you should probably watch the priest episodes again
>>
Kevin is dead. His character is backed so fucking far into a corner between his palm print probably hours away from being matched against the one found, and Michael knowing he was there that night with the same voices in his head that made Virgil a pedo, there's no way he gets out of it. If he wasn't dead John would do it himself.
>>
can't believe we still have three episodes left
this season has been a lot of fun so far
>>
>>62782731
>Kevin is dead
lol, of course he's not fucking dead, he's a main character and he's the one tying all other character together. Not to mention that they've been setting up resurrection shit since episode one and in the trailer for the rest of the season Michael is reacting to something crazy that happens while he carries Kevin
>>
>>62782847
Kevin's run his course. They had to move him to a magical town to keep him interesting for a second season. I say move to a new main character.
>>
>>62782731

That actually would be more acceptable than resurrection, character is amazing but he better be alive because of a coincidence like drinking tea instead of poison or then just die.

I just get the feeling the show will be ruined at any moment if it gets too much supernatural with impossible events that don't need explanations. The mystery of where things is just happening by coincidence or ordered is what makes the show great.
>>
If they just wake Kevin up just like that

IM GONNA GO NUTS
>>
>>62782731
>Michael knowing he was there that night with the same voices in his head that made Virgil a pedo

What? Virgil, Michael and Kevin all suffer from the same "voices" and Virgil's voice made him turn pedo? WHen is this explained?
>>
2/10 episode
>>
>>62783762
Last night's episode In the scene where Kevin visits Virgil during the day.
>>
>>62783603
They will. Do you think the whole thing with birds is just randomly there? They've been setting up his resurrection whole season. They'll never explain it either, just justify it with something like "oh, the old guy fucked up the poison", but at the same type heavily imply that it was supernatural

I like the show, this season especially, but i'm 100% prepared for this type of Lindelof bullshit
>>
>>62782847
wouldn't be surprised if this storyline came out of the blue so that they can end the series with season 2.

the viewer ratings are unfortunately low for this show and i really don't see HBO greenlighting a third season

episode 1 of season 2 only got 700k viewers
season 1 had 1.8million
>>
>>62783762
Didn't say Michael hears voices, I said Michael knows that Kevin hears voices. That plus knowing what the voices can make people do and that Kevin was at the lake that night might lead him to believe Kevin is responsible for the girls' disappearance.
Virgil definitely had voices though, they say that blatantly. The reason he knows how to get rid of them is because he got rid of his own.
>>
>>62783945
They had a stronger lead last season with the final season of True Blood. This year nothing leads in to it and it's up against Walking Dead.
HBO doesn't work on the same metrics as other networks though, the show is relatively cheap and even if they sour on it they can make a point to renew it if for nothing more than to wrap it up and stay in good with Lindy.
>>
>>62776538
He was planning on taking Laurie's advice and going on meds and maybe long-term psychiatric care, but then Nora called and he freaked out. Note the parallels between Laurie lecturing him about how she and Tommy went looking for bullshit solutions because they were desperate. Now Kevin, despite being told by Laurie exactly what he should do, is going full whacko.
>>
best part this season was how in 205, lindelof forgot it's been four years since the departening.
>>
>>62784277
wat
>>
>>62784319
One of the scientists said the not-rapture happened three years ago, season 1 took place over the course of a year.
>>
>>62784143

I really hope they don't. Season 2 has been so great so far.
>>
>>62785139
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-leftovers-season-three-and-beyond-teased-five-seasons-possible-38940/

Here's hoping this article is true. I just feel like Leftovers isn't being marketed at all and a lot of people just don't care to give it a shot, but it has to be one of the best shows on TV right now.
>>
>>62785139
I don't think they will. Girls never had an audience and they left it on for years. They only cut off the big budget shows when their ratings are too low (deadwood, rome).
>>
Didn't think the other thread would be gone already
Where is the webm of Jill asking why Michael wouldn't fuck her or the past ones when she's in panties
>>
>DON'T DO IT KEVIN!
>Goodbye Patti *chug*
>>
>>62784143
>and stay in good with Lindy.

Why would anyone want that? This is basically lindy's last chance to ever get work again.
>>
>>62785295
Girls is a big award player though and i'm sure it's dirt-cheap to make, Dunham does a lot of work herself and cast are her friends.
>>
>>62785295
Deadwood wasn't cancelled because of budget, deaadwood was cancelled due to a contractual fuckup that allowed half the main cast to lock themselves into other work.

Then rome was canceled because the BBC decided they didn't want to do joint funding anymore.

There hasn't been a single legit "low ratings" cancellation from HBO. The only exception is, maybe, john from Cincinnati, but that show started ten years too late or too early, depending on how you see it. As it was so fucking 90s that it's practically unwatchable.
>>
>>62785653
Dank meme but no, the studios like him. As much as we like to poke at him on quality he's had some commercial hits, which is what they care about.
>>
>>62785195
>>62785295

Let's hope so. Generally HBO is pretty patient with these kind of shows. I can imagine the budget for The Leftovers isn't that high and that they know that for at least this very strong second season they have an award contender in their hands.
>>
>>62785680
Girls is shit but if you don't praise it you're a misogynist

>>62785796
I was depressed when Rome was canceled
>No Caligula era
>>
>>62785800
>lindelof
>commercial hits

If you mean flop after flop since lost, I guess.
>>
>>62785796
>There hasn't been a single legit "low ratings" cancellation from HBO
Carnivale?
>>
>By contrast, the ending of “A Most Powerful Adversary” is very much a television cliffhanger, and the kind that almost never feels earned because it relies so heavily on information the audience doesn’t already have. For those completely invested in The Leftovers, it’s a final note that leaves you desperate for the next installment. But for those teetering on defection, which I’d imagine is a statistically significant portion of the audience, “Adversary” could constitute the final straw. Like Lost before it, The Leftovers is becoming a show about faith that also tests your faith. Will Kevin’s shocking death have a satisfying resolution, or will you feel dicked around by the time the next episode concludes? The only way to find out is to press forward and believe there’s a net below even when the show feels like it might be in a state of free fall.
well said desu
>>
>>62786057
the faggot who wrote this review legitimately forgot that Kevin has demonstrated suicidal tendencies on multiple occasions. An ending that puts himself at risk just to be rid of his demons is a very earned moment.
>>
>>62785862
>If you mean flop after flop since lost
Prometheus, Into Darkness, WWZ were all profitable even if they weren't blow-outs. Lost was a massive success financially.
>>
>>62786004

It was mostly because the production costs were so high. Like 2 million dollars an episode.
>>
>>62786140
That's what I'm saying though, lindelof took movies that should've been guaranteed blowouts and turned them into lukewarm performers and everything since his last profitable movie has been dogshit.

So, yea, he either turns leftovers into a sleeper hit or he's over.
>>
>Boy, if it wasn't tough enough for her to find a new man when she was a hollowed-out shell that had lost a whole family to the departure...

>I don't know how you write an appealing OK Cupid profile that says "Twice widowed former millionaire with a penchant for whore-assisted gunplay seeks soulmate. 3rd Time's the Charm? Must love interracial babies, surly step-teenagers, formerly violent wild dogs, and vegetative pregnant women. Non-smokers preferred."
heh
>>
>>62786004
everyone forgets about carnivale.
>>
>>62777994
I like the fact that these huge research facilities investigating the departure resort to believing in demons and shit out of desperation.
>>
>>62786225
And nothing to show for it either.
>hey, lets film everything outside with a fully functional antique carnivale!
>oh shit, something blew over again, stop shooting for the week to fix it!
>wait, now its raining
>shit, something blew over again and is destroyed
etc, etc.

Long story short, don't fucking film outside.
>>
>Well Kevin it seems *clears throat* you've got yourself *stirs pottery* The Leftovers Season 2 Episode 7 A Most Powerful Adversary

Really Lindelof? Jesus Christ
>>
>>62786252
>formerly violent wild dogs,

They still have the dog?
>>
File: 1409121979375.jpg (88 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1409121979375.jpg
88 KB, 450x300
>When Kevin shows up to the house, the grandson is sad because pedo spook is going to kill himself to be Kevins spirit guide
>Goes outside and waits for gunshot
>Pedo spook explains all the shit to Kevin, blah blah blah
>Kevin drinks poison, dies
>Empties the "epinephrine" because it was just to make kevin accept it, may have just been water or some shit
>Pedo shoots himself to be Kevins guide
>Upon hearing the gunshot, Michael comes back in to save kevin, meanwhile kevin and pedo are battling patti in the spirit realm
>Buries him in the woods
>Kevin rises
>queue the "holy shit" from michael at the end of the preview
>mfw actually think they'd kill kevin
If they did something that dumb I'd drop the show completely.
>>
>>62786370
You don't know how big the research institute is. In fact, all you can really tell is that they believe demons are haunting people, but aren't ready to take their findings to the Vatican. That seems to indicate they're a fairly small group of crazy people.
>>
>>62786435
The dog's in a two-month quarantine at the park ranger station.
>>
>>62786370
Desperation for what? It's been four years and, going by the show, everyone except the tinfoil brigade has moved on.

Ya know, apart from laurie fucking up basic diagnoses and causing suicides.
>>
>>62786449
Unless you kinda fell asleep when they were showing crazy brown person's lab.
>>
>>62786414

They really fucked up on that show, could've been so great.
>>
>>62786469
>everyone except the tinfoil brigade has moved on
bitch have you been watching the show?
>>
>>62786460

Oh yeah I forgot about that
>>
>>62786563
Have you? Season 2 is tinfoil brigade central and we're shown basically nothing from the rest of the world.

The only "normal" people that have been shown were the guys laurie tried to strangle when they implied she was lying to herself.
>>
Man you're really fucking stupid.
>>
>>62786414
>>62786561
Anyone remembers Luck?
>hey, let's film a bunch of horse racing, there's no way this could backfire!
I bet both Luck and Deadwood cancellations had more to do with Miltch being an asshole who refused to change anything in compromise
>>
>>62786656
Except the cults that are apparently everywhere, and AFTEC which just goes around relentlessly murdering them. Add that to the fact that everyone gets super rused (to the point of murder) by the GR and it seems pretty explicit that nobody has moved on.
>>
>In the shadow of Laurie questioning his mental health, Kevin attempts to vanquish Patti on an unexpected battlefield. A terrible, heartbreaking choice is all that stands between Kevin and his chance to rid himself of her and his past.

we purgatory now
>>
>>62786469
Scientific American, one of the biggest science publications in the world, writes an article about it that is entirely based on pseudoscience.
>>
>>62786440
>Michael comes back to save him
>Buries him
The battle with Patti will take a lot of time but will actually be the five minutes
>>
>>62786774
>GR nationwide
>AFTEC
Lindelof OC, not in the book.

>riots over GR shennanigans
The book took place over the course of a year, about a year after. So people being sore about that shit made sense. Lindelof said "three years," which pushed the entire show far beyond the point where the premise could justify anything that happened.

Of course then lindelof forgot that season 1 covered an entire year, and less than a month has passed in season 2.
>>
File: HBO-Luck-3.jpg (70 KB, 840x500) Image search: [Google]
HBO-Luck-3.jpg
70 KB, 840x500
>>62786715
Fuck off, Luck is amazing. And it was canceled because Michael Mann and David Milch couldn't collaborate. The horse deaths were a convenient excuse to walk away.
>>
>>62786894
It'll be like the whole episode
Then Kevin will wake up at the end
>>
>>62786715

Well to be fair it also had to do with the owner of the racetrack essentially talking shit about the show because it portrayed horse-racing and the politics behind quite negatively. Also the ratings dropped like 50% after the first ep which didn't debut high anyways.
>>
>>62786895
In the show, it's clear people aren't over it. If you wanna argue that it happened differently in the book, that's fine, but that's a different argument.
>>
a) Virgil tells Kevin that the poison will affect him like heroin
b) Kevin drinks it and seemingly goes into a heroin overdose
c) Virgil empties clear liquid out of a syringe and drops it on the floor
d) Michael drags Kevin out of the house
What's going on here?
>>
>>62787038
see >>62786440
Maybe not exactly but it'll probably be something along those lines.
>>
>>62786943
Yes, but I don't see Michael burying him or reacting with the holy sh- after he comes back because Michael is expecting Kevin to return.
Makes me wonder what makes him say it, perhaps something to do with Evie?
I would've wormed my way out giving him that palm print too
>>
>>62786802
He even has a guide named Virgil
>>
>>62786943
Actually the next episode will be a Tom one
>>
>>62787153

>I would've wormed my way out giving him that palm print too

Making you suspicious as fuck, good idea.
>>
>>62786821
>>62786370

Watch that episode again, according to the woman who called Nora there is a study from the scientific american about the lens and then her group from the Vatican diverges from the research to say it happens because of a demon. The research itself doesn't talk about demons just the Vatican people, it is a bit subtle but that is what she said during the call.
>>
>>62787254
Nah, take advantage that he knows him enough where he won't insist right away and with the handcuff he can say he'll do it later because he's in a rush
>>
File: 1328453289498213.jpg (175 KB, 1017x868) Image search: [Google]
1328453289498213.jpg
175 KB, 1017x868
Didn't anyone here at all notice the chinese letters on the wall behind him when he shot himself in the head? They contain a message which reveals what happens next. They are not placed there in the open for no reason. Translate it and you will see
>>
>>62787419
The man from the DSD mentions the term lens and the scientific american article to nora, she reads it skeptically. The people who called Nora, who the scientist at the beginning of the episode is affiliated with, only say they've been in contact with the vatican, not that they're working for them. Nora is the one that mentions the term lens to them and it must be in popular currency in the month since the Scientific American article was published.
>>
>>62787510
First letter means "two" second means "spirit/god", can't figure out the last one though
>>
>>62787525

But it is two different things one is the people telling it maybe a demon thing the other is the lens research, she even used the word divides to make it clear.
>>
>>62787510
>>62787699

>>
>people thinking some shitty homebrew poison will 100% kill someone

he could easily survive drinking that.
>>
>>62787760

*神

I don't think it means shit though, he's got one of those paper paintings over his shoulder. It's some artist's signature. >>62786419
>>
>>62774912
>>62774944
I don't get this either. I mean it could be molestation, or maybe he just fucking killed the dude's mother. Why would John let his own son around this pedo if that was indeed the case? Even his mother would've put a stop to it.
>>
>>62787890
>Why would John let his own son around this pedo
John doesn't know he's visiting him.
>>
>>62787890
John doesn't know he hangs out with him and Erika just found out and told him to stop going.
>>
>>62787817
t. Voodoo priest
>>
>>62787975
>>62787961
>Erika just found out and told him to stop going.
You don't think that would've been an important conversation to have with her husband? John was chilling at the firestation checking hand prints who knows how many days later.
>>
>>62788210
In her conversation with Michael she specifically says "do you know what your father would do" and he replies "shoot him again." Erika is keeping this from John to avoid bigger drama.
>>
>>62788210
If she told him he would've killed Virgil and she doesn't want John to go to jail again
>>
>>62788210

Not since John is a violent psycho, also she probably thinks the old man already paid the price.
>>
>>62788250
>>62788265
>>62788291
Thanks, anons. I guess I missed some of her dialogue, even though Regina King is my nigga.
>>
File: 14447780255411.webm (660 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14447780255411.webm
660 KB, 1280x720
Your face when syringe was poured out?
>>
File: 1447369100217.png (25 KB, 126x141) Image search: [Google]
1447369100217.png
25 KB, 126x141
>>62788334
>>
File: 1435818125668.jpg (51 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1435818125668.jpg
51 KB, 499x499
>>62788334
>>
>my leftovers thread still poppin after 12 hours

My niggas
>>
>>62782407
Where Matt manifests his own luck through projection?
>>
>>62773564
My favorite part of the episode is when Kevin is talking to Nora and she says she did leave a key and sign. That's why I believe that Patty is real, because Kevin couldn't see the sign.
>>
>>62779142
Yes atheist characters and themes of god not existing exist in the show but so do faithful characters and themes that god may exist, you just ignored them. Of course neither is confirmed either way because ambiguity of metaphysical shit is this show's bread and butter
>>
File: 8rMD3v9.jpg (121 KB, 709x704) Image search: [Google]
8rMD3v9.jpg
121 KB, 709x704
>>62788334
>>
>>62785796
You're an idiot in regards to JFC. It was a play performed in real life by God. It's fascinating, the dialogue can feel Shakespearean at times, and my god the acting is perfect (except for the kid, but I'll allow it)
>>
>>62786943
>There are people ITT who believe The Leftovers is going to be based in "the other place" for any amount of time. This show doesn't have made up dreamscape locations, guys. Quit going full retard.
>>
>>62788847
I thought I remembered a scene or two in season 1 where Kevin was dreaming or maybe that was just him sleepwalking.
>>
File: 1422196509356.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1422196509356.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>62788334
>>
>>62788847
>>62788913
He had that sequence in the mental hospital when he dozed off on the ride home from burying patty, and I think earlier a dream about a dog in a mailbox.
>>
File: 1380493105813.png (279 KB, 502x464) Image search: [Google]
1380493105813.png
279 KB, 502x464
>>62788334
>>
>>62787006
The book, the source material, set the events of season 1 about a year after 140 million people vanished. That I could buy.

Lindelof added two more years so as to reduce the threat of having to expand upon the premise at all. The goal was to build a premise he would never have to touch so he could just focus on character drama. The result has been completely contrived and total bullshit.

Furthermore, instead of following season 1's example and having shit slowly progress over a year, lindelof is having everyone just go completely fucking mad in the space of months, despite being relatively stable, if a little nuts, for FOUR YEARS. Process that shit real quick. Laurie goes from having god grant her wish for an abortion, to leaving her husband to go chainsmoke and stare, then breaking out of that crap, all over the course of four years. Now, weeks later, she's trying to strangle people who want to throw money at her because they're asking her questions.
>>
>>62788970
Those are grounded in reality. We're not gonna go to some white foggy place. People are being stupid. We're not gonna see a battle. What the fuck does that even mean? Patti's gonna be a smoke monster? Rick's gonna be on a magic island? No. Fucking no. It's idiotic to believe this is what's coming...
>>
>>62789883
That's valid. But I like to believe that we're seeing a conveniently timed coincidence that these issues come to a head at the same time. If I can buy Meg pulling into the GR at the same time Kevin is leaving in the pilot to err on the side of fate, then so be it for Laurie's meltdown. It's safe to say she wasn't exactly confiding in anyone and your angry son stress and bad news about a semi could see a lot of her usual defenses exhausted and thus a snap.
>>
>>62790296
I don't even expect it really but you're very much overstating your case. I think it's likely that the writers will just show us Kevin coming to and at most give us an account of what happened or didn't, and maybe that too will be a fakeout and Patty will still really be there. But I don't think it's absolutely impossible for the show to give us another dream sequence like we saw three times in season 1.
>>
>>62790428
How about liv tyler becoming the queen of the GR a week or two after the riot in season 1?
>>
if 2% of the world population went away wouldn't there be some economic collapse?
>>
>>62790652
Months passed between when we last saw meg and when we saw her rape Tommy. We don't know what her position is, she may be a chapter head like Patty appeared to be and just rolled in because of her connection to Laurie.
>>
>>62790723
It depends, you can reason you lost two percent of professionals, laborers, welfare cases and neets a like, and so lost some productivity and some dead weight. But if you subscribe to the broken windows theory then all the chaos caused in the departure - the property damage, the frantic searching, the government expenditure in the immediate response - would have caused an economic expansion. Years later we see people making good money off industries that have popped up in response.
>>
>>62780280
underappreciated post
>>
>>62790843
... except for how she was ordering people around like they were drones and she was a queen bee.

seriously do you people just not read subtext at all? If a character isn't directly stating something, it just flies right by your head?
>>
Am I the only one wondering how they have any money since neither of them are working and Nora sank all the funds into a shitty house that's falling apart?
>>
>>62791559
>except for how she was ordering people around like they were drones and she was a queen bee.
She had a couple goons work another dude over and then they all drove off together. She wasn't exactly revealed to be a mastermind. If next Sunday we learn she's the Popess of the global GR then I'll be right along with you saying that's dumb.
>>
>>62791637
I think Kevin would have got some money for selling his house too.
>>
>>62787510
>>62787760
>>62787822

native chinese roommate confirms the first means "two" and the second means "god". He also says the last one means "island"
>>
>>62792584
It's probably the name of the island in the painting then >>62786419
>>
>>62776189

if she was still dtf after this mess my boy would have to wife her up out of honor alone
>>
>>62778164
i hope you get arrested you sick pedo fuck
>>
File: fuck it im out.webm (3 MB, 893x480) Image search: [Google]
fuck it im out.webm
3 MB, 893x480
>>62788334
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.